Country
United States
This is what the resolution would probably look like
new-super-mario-bros-20060313032356498.jpg

Kristiqn5

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, you can progress further in Splatoon by not doing anything , waiting few minutes can cause the gamepad motion to go away and you can move around but its a lot of glitchy ( everything yellow and orange , sometimes goes black etc... )

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it? It should run on any hardware that Windows 7 is capable of running on, the only thing I can think of is HDD space on the boot drive

The Oculus Rift DK2 is the single feason why I haven't upgraded, because it doesn't work. Not yet at least. Smart people stay away from Microsoft's open betas. The beta should be over soon, though.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Oculus Rift DK2 is the single feason why I haven't upgraded, because it doesn't work. Not yet at least. Smart people stay away from Microsoft's open betas. The beta should be over soon, though.
Windows 10 officially launched, though?...

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,
Reactions: AboodXD

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anything can be called official, really.
In other words, you decide what is a beta or not for yourself, from your own perspective. Meaning nothing is in beta or or finalized until you decide it is. Sorry but that isn't how the world works.

Also, there has been a workaround for OCR DK2 since July. Shall I remove that boulder for you?

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other words, you decide what is a beta or not for yourself, from your own perspective. Meaning nothing is in beta or or finalized until you decide it is. Sorry but that isn't how the world works.

Also, there has been a workaround for OCR DK2 since July. Shall I remove that boulder for you?

Well I could argue about that but that wouldn't go anywhere would it. Since the advent of the internet companies have found out it's possible to ship an unfinished product and release patches later.

The very specific reason I haven't updated to Windows 10 is because the dolphin VR emulator is on runtime 4.4 still, and only runtime >0.7 works on windows 10. As soon as a working build is released for newer Oculus runtimes I'll upgrade. Plus the Oculus is so finicky to set up in the first place, if you can get it working at all you're probably better off just leaving it alone. Aka if it isn't broken don't fix it.

Not to mention nearly every game released on oculus share doesn't work on the newest runtime.

Last edited by jamieyello,

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Anything can be called official, really.
He means the official full non-beta version. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The very specific reason I haven't updated to Windows 10 is because the dolphin VR emulator is on runtime 4.4 still, and only runtime >0.7 works on windows 10.
What? Dolphin works on my laptop. :huh:

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the dolphin vr version doesn't work on windows 10 though.

Anyway I just upgraded because idgaf and my computer can't run dolphin vr full speed anyway.

Getting kind of topic though, and I haven't been modded once here. I get warned every month on gamefaqs (nazi mod faqs) but never here.

kradon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the dolphin vr version doesn't work on windows 10 though.

Anyway I just upgraded because idgaf and my computer can't run dolphin vr full speed anyway.

Getting kind of topic though, and I haven't been modded once here. I get warned every month on gamefaqs (nazi mod faqs) but never here.

i've never considered dolphin vr to be a great addon considering wii games weren't optimized for VR. I'm curious though, is it a whole new experience, so much that it's worth downgrading back to 8.1 if my computer can handle the VR?

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've never considered dolphin vr to be a great addon considering wii games weren't optimized for VR. I'm curious though, is it a whole new experience, so much that it's worth downgrading back to 8.1 if my computer can handle the VR?

Don't downgrade, just wait for the updates to come. My computer is about as half as powerful as an ideal computer for emulating Gc/Wii in vr, and that really just kills the entire experience, so there's no point in playing games all the way for me. I don't get vr sickness but I get headaches, and the low framerates kill any enjoyment to be had.

To add to that you also need the fps hacks, the rift runs at 75 and gc/wii runs at 20/30/60 fps. You need the full 75. And to add to all of that the dk2 resolution is like staring a foot away into a wall of 480p tv from 2000, the kind you could rub the static off of.

Fix all those issues, all the best oculus games out right now are in dolphin. Smash bros is like turning your desk into a fighting stage where you can stick your head in and look at the fighters, Metroid prime plays like it was designed for the rift. Super Mario Galaxy is the coolest of them all, bring down the scale and you're following mario jumping from soccer ball to soccer ball planet in the middle of space. There's definitely merit to revisiting games in vr, especially once all the kinks are worked out.

Last edited by jamieyello,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The third one ducked. +1