• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

t65xwing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jesus Christ the incessant whining in this thread needs to stop.

Between continued pestering about the source code, asking to pirate games, asking when the next update will be out and non-stop bickering, I'm amazed Exzap hasn't decided you are all not worth it and gone silent/abandoned the project.

If you have nothing of value to contribute to the thread, can you please stay quiet? At least half of the 169 pages can be removed and nothing useful would be lost.

Remco

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guys, i get an error while opening the CEMU. Im not getting in the program as well. This is the error: MSVCP110.dll missing on my computer. How to fix this?

TsukiyoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a small question,
Will this emulator have a better fps on medium end pcs?

Hi. This is my first message on this site. I would like to take this opportunity to answer by saying: We don't completely because the emulator has only shown visible progress within a couple of months, which is impressive for a system that is still out.

I've read every single post, and like t65xwing said, half the thread can be eliminated and nothing useful would be lost, including stuff like AMD vs Nvidia, where people went deep on the specs as if it's the only thing that matters, despite both of their graphic cards still doing their jobs, well.

I don't want to get too off-topic but I ordered a gaming laptop recently (msi 17.3" gp72 leopard pro-002, i7 5700HQ 2.7 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M) because I want to play the Dolphin emulator and all the emulators below (PCX2 included), and maybe some PC adventure games.

I'm not asking if my laptop would be able to play CEMU, and to be honest, I would happily buy a Wii U if I wasn't such a migrating person who is happy NOT staying in one place (like an adventurer). As such, in a year (with this much progress) I reckon we'll finally see if a lot of us can play Wii U games with decent accuracy (as in, we can play the games until the end and actually have fun without noticing any negatives) when CEMU is optimized.

Just giving anyone here a perspective that no one will ever be prepared to what's to come for emulation, so we shouldn't stress about our computer specs. I believe CEMU will be played by most recent desktops since graphic cards can be installed easily, and any laptop with these good graphic cards included. Progress is going swell with just two people. Exzap is right about the power of finding the RIGHT people for the job, much like Steve Jobs did (except for finding a douchebag CEO). At first, I agreed that it should be open-sourced until I read what he said, and then it hit me: people only want the source code because people SAW the result of his 2 year work. I bet you money no one would even care to see his codes if he hasn't shown anything. He's looking for the reals among the fakes, which is always hard. Like Steve Jobs, his vision is what matters and one good person "thwomps" 10 regular guys who don't see Exzap's vision for his emulator, no matter how good they can program and stuff.

I do have a question and it's been bugging me. Keep in mind I want to play Dolphin the best way possible while just caring enough to just immerse in the games: Should I go with Windows 7 or take the upgrade to Windows 10? Regarding Windows 10 using less "resources", I think with Windows 7, you can do the same thing manually, right? Keep in mind I play emulations more than actual PC games. Thank you.

Last edited by TsukiyoX,

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I do have a question and it's been bugging me. Keep in mind I want to play Dolphin the best way possible while just caring enough to just immerse in the games: Should I go with Windows 7 or take the upgrade to Windows 10? Regarding Windows 10 using less "resources", I think with Windows 7, you can do the same thing manually, right? Keep in mind I play emulations more than actual PC games. Thank you.
I think it'd be hard to make Windows 7 be comparable to 10 in terms of resources, but it doesn't make that much of a difference. I think you should upgrade.

TsukiyoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it'd be hard to make Windows 7 be comparable to 10 in terms of resources, but it doesn't make that much of a difference. I think you should upgrade.

Obrigrado (if you're from Brazil). So I'm guessing it wouldn't change anything with Dolphin (latest build)? Because on their FAQ (https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/):

What operating systems are supported?
Dolphin is a cross platform emulator that runs on Windows (Vista and up), Linux, Mac OS X (Mavericks and up), FreeBSD, and Android (5.0 and up). For their ease of use and additional graphics backend options, Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64 are recommended.

This drives me crazy! Was this typed before Windows 10? Would they update this since Windows 10 came out? I really want to make sure.

Can some body link to a good gpu for user 50$ on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=nvidia gtx&_udhi=60&_trksid=p2045573.m1684.l5985

Good luck

Reactions: shideravan

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Obrigrado (if you're from Brazil). So I'm guessing it wouldn't change anything with Dolphin (latest build)? Because on their FAQ (https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/):

What operating systems are supported?
Dolphin is a cross platform emulator that runs on Windows (Vista and up), Linux, Mac OS X (Mavericks and up), FreeBSD, and Android (5.0 and up). For their ease of use and additional graphics backend options, Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64 are recommended.

This drives me crazy! Was this typed before Windows 10? Would they update this since Windows 10 came out? I really want to make sure.
That's weird. Well, I couldn't find any info on it NOT being recommended, and dolphin still does wonders here on w10, so I guess it just wasn't updated, like a certain WiiU emulator FAQ regarding sound support... It's probably just for emphasys on x64 over x32.
And it's "obrigado", np :)

Last edited by Double Jumper,
Reactions: KiiWii and TsukiyoX

TsukiyoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird. Well, I couldn't find any info on it NOT being recommended, and dolphin still does wonders here on w10, so I guess it just wasn't updated, like a certain WiiU emulator FAQ regarding sound support... It's probably just for emphasys on x64 over x32.
And it's "obrigado", np :)

Haha thanks man :)

Reactions: shideravan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY