Homebrew [Release] ARM9 Kernel homebrew on < 9.2

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youve been a very productive member since you first joined and made your introduction thread :P

I'm always lurking, learning, looking for something to do. That actually made me feel a lot better, honestly. I like collecting data on things.

Yifan, as he has said, is currently working on a way to launch ninjhax's boot.3dsx via our browser. It would be a large step, honestly. He said that he is just waiting for Smea to release his full source later this week, so I am assuming they are friends, because I hadn't heard about him releasing.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So can an app made for ninjhax or an app that runs through the browser exploit do this?

Currently Ninjhax (when from from a game/rom executed from slot1) (game cartridge slot) can't do save files stuff because you can't swap cartridges without the console showing an error and terminating everything.

There is the eShop version of the game where it could in theory work, but Nintendo quickly pulled that version once the exploit went public.

You need access to certain services before you can extract game saves and what not. Refer to SaveDataFiler for info on that. Don't expect any homebrew based off code in SaveDataFiler though as that program came from a leaked devkit SDK and it's copyrighted material. So you won't find that here.

But seeing that someone already managed to do CIA installation with homebrew that doesn't use any code from the SDK leaked apps like DevMan, I don't see why the same can't be held true for homebrew version of SaveDataFiler.

As mentioned before you need Arm11 code execution before you can do save file extraction/injection. Someone will have to write a homebrew specifically for this purpose. It won't appear out of thin air once ninjhax is ported to the new exploit. :P

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently Ninjhax (when from from a game/rom executed from slot1) (game cartridge slot) can't do save files stuff because you can't swap cartridges without the console showing an error and terminating everything.

There is the eShop version of the game where it could in theory work, but Nintendo quickly pulled that version once the exploit went public.

You need access to certain services before you can extract game saves and what not. Refer to SaveDataFiler for info on that. Don't expect any homebrew based off code in SaveDataFiler though as that program came from a leaked devkit SDK and it's copyrighted material. So you won't find that here.

But seeing that someone already managed to do CIA installation with homebrew that doesn't use any code from the SDK leaked apps like DevMan, I don't see why the same can't be held true for homebrew version of SaveDataFiler.

As mentioned before you need Arm11 code execution before you can do save file extraction/injection. Someone will have to write a homebrew specifically for this purpose. It won't appear out of thin air once ninjhax is ported to the new exploit. :P

What really sucks is that Yifan just confirmed that rohax will be a part of the new update, meaning that general users are still stuck at 9.2, and I am stuck at 8.1.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
What really sucks is that Yifan just confirmed that rohax will be a part of the new update, meaning that general users are still stuck at 9.2, and I am stuck at 8.1.

It's assumed rohax was needed for code execution in Arm11. Not sure why people got the idea that ninjhax would ever work on 9.3/9.4.

Chock it up to a lack of understanding of how the region free hax thing worked. A different more limited exploit involving hijacking Download Play was used for that. Not for full on homebrew code execution. That's why that worked on 9.3/9.4 consoles. :P

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's assumed rohax was needed for code execution in Arm11. Not sure why people got the idea that ninjhax would ever work on 9.3/9.4.

Chock it up to a lack of understanding of how the region free hax thing worked. A different more limited exploit involving hijacking Download Play was used for that. Not for full on homebrew code execution. That's why that worked on 9.3/9.4 consoles. :P

I originally assumed he was going to hijack via GPU DMA hacks, but then again, I'm unsure if he will use memchunk hacks, which were patched, too. Yifan is much like Smea, cool but distant.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yifan, as he has said, is currently working on a way to launch ninjhax's boot.3dsx via our browser. It would be a large step, honestly. He said that he is just waiting for Smea to release his full source later this week, so I am assuming they are friends, because I hadn't heard about him releasing.

Very excited for that source to drop myself. Mostly so that I can maybe attempt to port CitrAGB to .cia or have a .cia-ish option of launching it. There's a few things honestly that I'd like to see come out of this.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very excited for that source to drop myself. Mostly so that I can maybe attempt to port CitrAGB to .cia or have a .cia-ish option of launching it. There's a few things honestly that I'd like to see come out of this.

Weren't you going to also look into memory problems?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
What's the difference between this and the 4.x launcher?
Why only kernel and no p9? Or was the 4x template like this too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo