Homebrew [RELEASE] Anemone3DS - A Complete Theme and Splash Manager for your 3DS!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So recently i have a problem with Anemone. So basicly all the time i try to access i get the Luma error (data abort ARM9). I tough it was becouse two of my folder ware currupted or something, becouse this happen when Anemone is loading the theme list, but apperently is not that. So i don't know ware the problem is. I will try to re install all the app and see what happen; just for the record this error happen to me with both the .3dsx and .cia version.
Release or pre-release build?

2.0.1 or 2.1.0 Beta?

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
So recently i have a problem with Anemone. So basicly all the time i try to access i get the Luma error (data abort ARM9). I tough it was becouse two of my folder ware currupted or something, becouse this happen when Anemone is loading the theme list, but apperently is not that. So i don't know ware the problem is. I will try to re install all the app and see what happen; just for the record this error happen to me with both the .3dsx and .cia version.
Are you sure it's an arm9 error as opposed to arm11?

Try the not-beta version of Anemone (https://github.com/astronautlevel2/Anemone3DS/releases/tag/v2.0.1)

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Go back to 2.0.1

Just did. I only encounter one problem, while removing the anemone folder the PC was unable to delate the folder. I try to check out and remove and one folder in the chance folder (under Anemon) was currupted. I don't quite understand the problem but the pc was unable to remove the folder in question, i was force to formate the sd completly and now all works fine. Only thing i was just need to re download all the theme but that was something minor.

rebeltaz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.RobotsAndComputers.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't suppose it is possible to download a theme list for anemone3ds on a computer and transfer it to the 3ds, is it? It take a long time for each page to load the first time when browsing themes on the 3ds.

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I don't suppose it is possible to download a theme list for anemone3ds on a computer and transfer it to the 3ds, is it? It take a long time for each page to load the first time when browsing themes on the 3ds.
It's not possible at the moment, as far as I know.
It still takes a while to load theme pages if you're browsing on an N3DS, but that's probably something that can't be changed much seeing as the older theme installer homebrews had that issue as well. I usually just opt to scan QR codes of themes I've found on my pc, since that's faster.

rebeltaz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.RobotsAndComputers.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not possible at the moment, as far as I know.
It still takes a while to load theme pages if you're browsing on an N3DS, but that's probably something that can't be changed much seeing as the older theme installer homebrews had that issue as well. I usually just opt to scan QR codes of themes I've found on my pc, since that's faster.

I figured that. Thanks, though.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I very much appreciate Anemone3DS and the options it offers, but man do I prefer the interface and previews that Themely had to offer. Thing is, Themely used to offer the ability to browse and download themes from the old 3DS theme site (Wanna say it was 3DSthem.es or something like that), it was perfect like this, but when that site went down, they removed the online functionality, and even though we now have themeplaza, Themely never updated to be able to use that site instead. So I guess this is my long way of saying, I miss what Themely used to be, and I appreciate that in terms of features, Anemone3DS now has all the features of the old Themely that I loved, but it's interface leaves a lot to be desired. I know that Anemone3DS is open source, so I guess I'm curious if anyone has made an unofficial build that is similar to what I am discussing here. I'd love if anyone could point me in such a direction.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I very much appreciate Anemone3DS and the options it offers, but man do I prefer the interface and previews that Themely had to offer. Thing is, Themely used to offer the ability to browse and download themes from the old 3DS theme site (Wanna say it was 3DSthem.es or something like that), it was perfect like this, but when that site went down, they removed the online functionality, and even though we now have themeplaza, Themely never updated to be able to use that site instead. So I guess this is my long way of saying, I miss what Themely used to be, and I appreciate that in terms of features, Anemone3DS now has all the features of the old Themely that I loved, but it's interface leaves a lot to be desired. I know that Anemone3DS is open source, so I guess I'm curious if anyone has made an unofficial build that is similar to what I am discussing here. I'd love if anyone could point me in such a direction.
Yes, the old site was called 3DSthem.es.
No, there isn't a Themely fork that has downloading functionality, it went closed-source when that was implemented.
You can download the old version if you want, but I recommend Anemone3DS.
If someone were to fork Themely and add Theme Plaza browsing to it, I would gladly give it a try.

Last edited by PrincessLillie,
Reactions: DSoryu

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the old site was called 3DSthem.es.
No, there isn't a Themely fork that has downloading functionality, it went closed-source when that was implemented.
You can download the old version if you want, but I recommend Anemone3DS.
If someone were to fork Themely and add Theme Plaza browsing to it, I would gladly give it a try.

I was asking more if there was a fork to Anemone3DS that allows you to preview the themes in the same way Themely did, my understanding is Themely is pretty much dead and everyone moved to this app, and I appreciate that this one has online downloading, it really lacks the polish and ease of use that Themely had when it could also download themes online.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I was asking more if there was a fork to Anemone3DS that allows you to preview the themes in the same way Themely did, my understanding is Themely is pretty much dead and everyone moved to this app, and I appreciate that this one has online downloading, it really lacks the polish and ease of use that Themely had when it could also download themes online.
The way you worded your reply made it sound as if you wanted a fork of Themely with Anemone's features. My apologies.
As far as I'm aware, no such fork of either app exists. If someone were to make one, I'd gladly try it out.

Reactions: SCOTT0852

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a problem with Anemone : when I try to shuffle more than 4 themes, the app crashes with an Arm11 exception. I don't know how that happened because before I could shuffle 10 themes normally...

Ok: So I tried with the beta version and it worked... No idea why it doesn't with the last stable though... Do I just keep the beta or go back to the 2.0.0 version or what ?

Last edited by Amapola62,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, uh, if you're still working on this, and it's possible...

Can you make it so that in the next release, my 3DS doesn't crap itself when I try exiting fro the HOME menu instead of the Start button? I'm getting tired of taking out the battery, putting it back in, and setting the clock to the right time.

NotACat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How to exit the preview image?, when I press Y to preview a theme, I tried every button but nothing work and stuck there and must restart my console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D