OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have black screen problems in tidal tempest?, if you activate and deactivate the game pause it is seen in an instant but then the screen goes black
This happens when you use a non-mobile (e.g. Steam) rsdk file with the hardware renderer (which is what this port uses).
The mobile rsdk file doesn't have this problem, so I'd suggest finding and switching to that if you can.

Reactions: CrashMidnick

MrMissingNo

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So I followed all the steps I used the DPS1 cia for the port audio, I found the Data.rsdk file on the internet and I put it in the Sonic CD folder that I had in 3DS, although I clarify that in the download link I used the folder that came from the Source file, since I imagine that the only cia was obviously not enough, but even after all this when installing the cia from the port it did not start, I also tried the 3dsx file in Homebrew Channel but nothing. In this case, what could I be doing wrong?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed all the steps I used the DPS1 cia for the port audio, I found the Data.rsdk file on the internet and I put it in the Sonic CD folder that I had in 3DS, although I clarify that in the download link I used the folder that came from the Source file, since I imagine that the only cia was obviously not enough, but even after all this when installing the cia from the port it did not start, I also tried the 3dsx file in Homebrew Channel but nothing. In this case, what could I be doing wrong?
SonicCD or Sonic CD?

Voxel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I'm not really sure when I'll come back to this but it'll probably be one of the first things I'll try to support when I do.
The video stuff is one of the more trickier things to port over, and code for FMV audio playback on SDL1.2 is currently unimplemented even on the official version, which will also need some work doing.

T0biasCZe

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Are the saves backward compactible with Saturn's old CD port? (Eg if i upgrade to this if i will still have my old save)

Meteor_Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I have encountered an issue when using the IOS Data.rsdk. When the game starts, it only allows the Iphone touch controls to start the game at the main menu. Got past it through the Dev menu, but can't access the main menu through this unfortunately.

Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited by Meteor_Maniac,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm not really sure when I'll come back to this but it'll probably be one of the first things I'll try to support when I do.
The video stuff is one of the more trickier things to port over, and code for FMV audio playback on SDL1.2 is currently unimplemented even on the official version, which will also need some work doing.
As I suggested back in the original 3DS version before they implemented the videos, in case you’re not ready to add videos yet but wanna add a proper ending is maybe use Tails’ ending for when playing as Sonic until the next release that implements the cutscenes.

Reesespieces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot 2023-04-28 205356.png

I've been trying for weeks to set this up, (pretty new to this) and it won't work, as it boots me back to the home screen whenever I open the game. This is what my SD setup with all the files look like. The data.rsdk is pulled from an android port of the game. What am I doing wrong?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 367714
I've been trying for weeks to set this up, (pretty new to this) and it won't work, as it boots me back to the home screen whenever I open the game. This is what my SD setup with all the files look like. The data.rsdk is pulled from an android port of the game. What am I doing wrong?
You have a space between Sonic and CD

Reactions: Voxel

StickMan64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I start the game, the visuals are basically a blank screen, with a couple of white lines moving around. I can't start the game at all. The music is playing, but that's about it

Voxel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whenever I start the game, the visuals are basically a blank screen, with a couple of white lines moving around. I can't start the game at all. The music is playing, but that's about it
Hi, that's certainly strange. Is the RSDK file you're using from either the latest PC or Android version of the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto