ROM Hack Homebrew game Applying mods to clownacy´s Sonic CD decompilation port for Wii U

zmatt25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title. Basically, i´ve installed the decomps of S1 and S2 2013 (The mobile remakes) on my Wii U and they work fine but had no menus, so I had to install mods (in my case, Sonic 1 Forever & Sonic 2 Absolute) to have nice fancy menus working forn those.

Sonic CD´s decompilation uses a different version of the Retro Engine than the two mentioned before, and therefore couldn´t be that easily ported. Altho, Clownacy made a Sonic CD decompilation port for the Wii U back in 2021, and it works fine and has working menus without the need of a mod installed. That means its perfectly playable, but i´m looking to install mods on it to get nice enhancements like Knuckles, better animations and basically a lot of customizing. (The mod is called Sonic CD and Knuckles, if anyone´s interested: https://gamebanana.com/mods/288122)

I´ve tried to activate the mod by putting both the 'scripts' and the 'mods' folders into SD/SonicCD, but it just didn´t work like that. Does anyone know if it´s even possible?
Thanks.

muniryka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
hey can you please tell me where did you download and how did you install the decomps of S1 and S2 2013 for the Wii U ? i only use "Sonic 2 CX" from the Homebrew Channel of my vWii. i didn't know that decomps of S1 and S2 2013 existed !

muniryka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Sonic Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute works on the Wii U decomps btw :)
Yess true, Sonic Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute on the Wii U decomps work great but i have a few issues with them :

1- they don't work with Wii U Pro Controller (Sonic 2 CX works fine with it).
2- they don't have Forwarders.

do you know how to make Pro Controller work for the Wii U decomps?

muniryka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
It's been a while :)

sure
okay just give me 2 minutes and i'll send them !
Post automatically merged:

It's been a while :)

sure
i finished the banners and icons !! they're attached here, good luck! (there's also an alternate Absolute Banner if you wanna use it instead of the first one)

Attachments

• Absolute Banner.jpg
    Absolute Banner.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Absolute Icon.png
    Absolute Icon.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Forever Banner.jpg
    Forever Banner.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Forever Icon.png
    Forever Icon.png
    26 KB · Views: 43
  • Alternate Absolute Banner.jpg
    Alternate Absolute Banner.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by muniryka,

Rayz0rum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay just give me 2 minutes and i'll send them !
Post automatically merged:

i finished the banners and icons !! they're attached here, good luck! (there's also an alternate Absolute Banner if you wanna use it instead of the first one)
Hello, been a real while. Do you still want these forwarders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hey LTT stole my shopping secrets for that video LOL