• Replies 844
  • Likes 158

Nkrlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
Can't get this tool to recognize any of my .3ds roms, i mean each time i try to create the .bin file it just opens up windows explorer, and when i go look the .3ds rom the program doesn't detect it. Yet the old python program to covert .3ds to .cia works flawlessly :S

Forumpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2) Use rxTools along with created 'ncchinfo.bin' to generate ExHeader XORpads, put it in root of SD card, launch rxTools and follow 'Decryption Options-->Generate Xorpads'. At the end of process you may see 'Could not open SDinfo.bin!' message. It's okay, just ignore it.
How do you 'use' rxTools along with the created 'ncchinfo.bin' to generate ExHeaderXORpads?

lyszer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
help me please.
I put the .3ds file into roms folder, i started the converter and when it's done in the cia folder there was any file converted...why? What can i do?

LoveKC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get this tool to recognize any of my .3ds roms, i mean each time i try to create the .bin file it just opens up windows explorer, and when i go look the .3ds rom the program doesn't detect it. Yet the old python program to covert .3ds to .cia works flawlessly :S
now sure if you figured this out, but the program is asking for the folder and therefore will not show the files inside the folder.

Reactions: Nkrlz

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After looking at how unnecessarily complicated current CIA converting methods are, I decided to write this tool. It's very simple and doesn't use Python or .NET Framework or any other programs and scripts, just my own code in a single exe file.

EGYsPCU.png

I decided to take slightly different approach to keep things simple and only use ExHeader XORpads. They are 1MB each in size and multiple ROM files supported during 'ncchinfo.bin' creation, so you can make xorpads for a bunch of games in one go. With version 4.0 I added ability to patch minimum required kernel version (FW Spoof) and 'RegionFree', which requires *.exefs_norm.xorpad's. 'FW Spoof' function checks FW version game requires to run and only applied if original value exceeds entered (2D02:FW8.0-8.1, 2E02:FW9.0-9.2, 3002:FW9.3, 3102:FW9.5, 3202:FW9.6-9.8).

Congratulations and a good job. One question. Why don't you make a program to convert CIA back to 3DS rom in an original clean version ? Just for collection, I guess.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So for the few that really don't have a clue how to use it!

3DS 2 CIA HowTo with 3DS Simple CIA Converter

Click "Show"
3DS 2 CIA with 3DS Simple CIA Converter

Download the program and follow the discussion on GBATemp
[Release] 3DS Simple CIA Converter

So what is it?

It's a Windows program to convert 3DS roms to CIA files, those CIA files can then be used to install
the converted 3DS rom on Gateway or Custom FirmWare (CFW)
It can convert Multiple roms at 1 go :)

Why a guide if it's so simple?
Why are there guides for everything?, for example internet for dummies, etc...
A guide with ugly taken pictures and badly taken screenshots sometimes say more then 1000+ words!

So let's start
Unzip the rar to wherever you like (I like to place it in a folder i recognize easy d:\3DS_2_CIA)
(The slot0x25KeyX.bin file is not needed, just ignore it :P )

3ds2cia01.png

Find your roms you want to convert to CIA and place them in the rom folder (in my case: d:\3DS_2_CIA\roms)

3ds2cia01a.png

Start "3ds_simple_cia.exe" and choose "Create 'ncchinfo.bin' file" and if you want, check FW Spoof.
- FW Spoof is only needed if your EmuNAND is lower then the Firmware the game needs to run
'FW Spoof' function checks FW version game requires to run and only applied if original value exceeds entered (2D02:FW8.0-8.1, 2E02:FW9.0-9.2, 3002:FW9.3, 3102:FW9.5, 3202:FW9.6-9.8)
There's required firmware (kernel) version value stored in every game. 3DS checks this value during boot and if it's higher than your system menu version you'll face black screen error. FW spoof, basically, overwrites this value, but only if original value exceeds the one you entered (if original value is lower comparing to one you entered, it'll be left untouched). There's no best FW spoof version, just go as high as you can. 3DS performs additional configuration based on this value so spoofing to very low version most likely result in non-working CIA.

3ds2cia02.png

3ds_simple_cia will ask for a folder, It will automaticly pick the roms folder, so just hit the button folder select (see picture) NO need to type anything!

3ds2cia03.png

Then it will ask for a folder where to store the ncchinfo file, just hit the save button (see screenshot) again, you don't have to type anything!

3ds2cia04.png

Important: LEAVE "3ds_simple_cia" window OPEN, don't close it (the truth, yeah you can close it if you want :P but it's easier to just leave it open anyway :D)

Now, remove the SD/MicroSD from your (N)3DS(XL) and connect it to your computer
Copy ncchinfo.bin to the root of your SD card, as shown in the pictures!

3ds2cia05.png

to

3ds2cia06.png

You can also place the ncchinfo.bin file in a folder called "Decrypt9"

3ds2cia01.png

- Safely remove the sd from your computer and place the sd back in your 3ds and boot into "Decrypt9"
- Boot your 3DS into Homebrew Launcher (Use your entrypoint of choice)
- If you use A9LH and Luma3DS and have start_decrypt9.bin (Rename Decrypt9.bin to key_decrypt9.bin) in the \Luma\payloads folder, just boot into Decrypt9 by holding start and power on your system.

DSC00423.jpg

Go to XORpad Generator Option
Under XORpad Generator Option select NCCH Padgen

DSC00424.jpg

As you can see, you need a few keys to work in the latest Decrypt9 (slot0x25KeyX.bin/slot0x18KeyX.bin/slot0x1BKeyX.bin, search the internet, i can't provide you with them)
I don't know if seeddb.bin really is needed. (The rom i used didn't needed it anyway (LEGO_Marvels_Avengers_EUR_MULTi7_3DS-PUSSYCAT))

When NCCH Padgen says succeeded! you can press B to go back to the main UI and then shut down your 3DS (Hold <-+START), rest is the same, copy to your xorpads folder from 3ds simple cia etc...

56b8f2ed736d7-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
DSC00425.jpg

When back in the main menu hold "<- + START" to power off your system
Remove your SD and connect it to your computer.
You see multiple xorpads, depends on how many 3DS roms you placed in the "rom" folder. Select ALL xorpads (IF you used the "Decrypt9" folder, the XORpads will be in the "Decrypt9" folder)
and move them to your xorpads folder where you placed 3ds_simple_cia.exe.

3ds2cia07.png

to

3ds2cia08.png
3ds2cia09.png

Now go back to your 3DS Simple CIA Conveter program (you sure have left open, if not restart it and make it look like the picture!

3ds2cia10.png

Select "Convert 3DS ROM to CIA" a windows pop up to select a folder, leave it like it is and press "Select folder"
No need to type anything!

3ds2cia11.png

A few seconds or minutes later you will see a small windows pop up saying "Finnished" press "OK" and close the program

3ds2cia12.png

Now go to your "cia" folder and you will see your converted 3ds roms as cia files

3ds2cia13.png

Install with FBI or BBM or DevMenu, whatever you like in your Emunand (CFW)

3ds2cia15.png
3ds2cia16.png
3ds2cia18.png

[EDIT]
Using old rxTools for XorPads:

Safely remove the sd from your computer and place the sd back in your 3ds and boot into "rxTools main menu"
As you see in my picture i use ctrbootmanager to do that!

3ds2cia06a.png
3ds2cia06b.png

Now go to the tab "Decrytion" and press "A" to enter it and here select "Generate Xorpads" and wait for the screen to finnish!

3ds2cia06c.png
3ds2cia06d.png

At the end it's possible you get an error "100%Error opening SDinfo.bin" Just ignore it and press "A"

3ds2cia06e.png
3ds2cia06f.png

Now turn off your 3DS by pressing and holding "Select" and remove your sd and connect it to your computer

Last edited by DjoeN,

saxon48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eager to try this out in the morning. I have a ROM of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D broken up into five parts. I assume this program will be able to handle one game broken into multiple ROM files with no issue?

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you please make this program multithreaded, with a progressbar showing the status? With the current build, you have no idea how far it is once it starts, and windows will sometimes show the program as not responding. It would be nice to have a progressbar with the how many megabytes have been converted.

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you please make this program multithreaded, with a progressbar showing the status? With the current build, you have no idea how far it is once it starts, and windows will sometimes show the program as not responding. It would be nice to have a progressbar with the how many megabytes have been converted.
Just open 'cia' folder in explorer while program still working and keep track by watching files appear.

There's a lot of stuff involved in process, such as hash calculations etc. It's not 'simple' to make proper and accurate progress bar here and I'm afraid multithreading may affect overall performance. Besides, current version is somewhat whitelisted by antiviruses. Every time I push new update it causes people getting alerts from antiviruses for some time.

Last edited by Riku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean I would but it's not factual