• Views 1,452,415
  • Replies 844
  • Likes 158

b_fizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can convert your games on the 3DS using Decrypt9 through a9lh, if you want.

https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
put Decrypt9WIP.bin at /luma/payloads (assuming using luma), name it x_Decrypt9WIP.bin.
make a folder at the root called files9, then a folder inside that called D9Game, and put your ".3ds" games there.

hold X when turning on the system to get into Decrypt9, then go to "Content Decryptor Options" -> "NCCH/NCSD File Options..." -> "NCCH/NCSD to CIA Converter".

your games would be in /files9/D9Game once it's done.

by the way, in the future, Decrypt9 and Hourglass9 can dump your game cards directly to CIAs.

Thanks for this, for some reason, it doesn't boot to Decrypt9 when I hold X (it boots normally)...I tried L+X but it powers on and goes nowhere but to a black screen.

I also tried the Homebrew Launcher method; it does "try" but then dumps me back at the Homebrew Luancher home.

FYI: I'm running a9lh & luma

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all the help!

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this, for some reason, it doesn't boot to Decrypt9 when I hold X (it boots normally)...I tried L+X but it powers on and goes nowhere but to a black screen.

I also tried the Homebrew Launcher method; it does "try" but then dumps me back at the Homebrew Luancher home.

FYI: I'm running a9lh & luma

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all the help!

Are you 100% sure you've put it in the right folder and have renamed it correctly?

b_fizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you 100% sure you've put it in the right folder and have renamed it correctly?

I'll check again, but I went through the process twice; just to make sure. For the homebrew, I placed the folder w/the two files in the 3ds folder. For the "direct boot" method, I simply added "x_" in front...although, now that I note that, I may try "X_" (capitalizing the X). It is in the Luma/payloads folder.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my N3DSXL with cfw (a9lh + luma3DS), I hold down START on boot up, and it boots into hourglass9. I then go to Miscellaneous, then NCCH Padgen. As long as the ncchinfo.bin is in the root of my SD card that got generated from the converter, it will generate the xorpad files, and then I copy those to the xorpad folder where the converter is, and from there, I run the converter to convert to CIA.

Works perfectly for me. I use this tutorial:

https://m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/40etaz/tutorial_dumping_3ds_carts_and_converting_3ds/

Of course if you have 3DS files, skip to step 7.

Last edited by XC-3730C,
Reactions: b_fizzle

b_fizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my N3DSXL with cfw (a9lh + luma3DS), I hold down START on boot up, and it boots into hourglass9. I then go to Miscellaneous, then NCCH Padgen. As long as the ncchinfo.bin is in the root of my SD card that got generates from the converter, it will generate the xorpad files, and then I copy those to the xorpad folder where the converter, and from there, I run the converter to convert to CIA.

Works perfectly for me. I use this tutorial:

https://m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/40etaz/tutorial_dumping_3ds_carts_and_converting_3ds/

Of course if you have 3DS files, skip to step 7.

I too am on N3DSXL; looks like I have some work to do. Thanks for the assist!

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No prob. I just started using this program yesterday after modding my wife's N3DSXL (I modded mine 2 weeks ago before going out of town), and it really is pretty simple once you do it once.

I would suggest converting as many 3DS files to CIA as possible before transferring them to your SD card. It's a pain to keep converting and taking your SD card in and out of your 3DS/PC. However, if you can wait, you could FTP into your 3DS from your PC, and transfer files that way. This is what I did to transfer save files from one 3DS to another, but of course, transfer speeds are much slower!

Last edited by XC-3730C,

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Its good that we have decrypt9 to convert 3ds to cia, but decrypt9 doesn't have the option to firmware spoof the cia conversion.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
probably because it's not necessary these days. why do you need it?

Lets say something goes wrong when updating to the latest ofw, even if you have a9lh something could go wrong. Well the next best thing to do is to downgrade and figure out how to use the e-shop, web browser, and newer games on lower firm.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets say something goes wrong when updating to the latest ofw, even if you have a9lh something could go wrong. Well the next best thing to do is to downgrade and figure out how to use the e-shop, web browser, and newer games on lower firm.
that's still no reason to have a fw spoofer anymore. the best thing to do actually is to figure out why X went wrong, not downgrade (maybe temporarily but you don't stay there).

if an update did break something, then a fix for it would be out relatively quickly, unless you're using outdated tools (rxTools, etc) in which the better answer is to switch to something actively developed.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
that's still no reason to have a fw spoofer anymore. the best thing to do actually is to figure out why X went wrong, not downgrade (maybe temporarily but you don't stay there).

if an update did break something, then a fix for it would be out relatively quickly, unless you're using outdated tools (rxTools, etc) in which the better answer is to switch to something actively developed.

I am having problems with bootntr on 11.2. I have a9lh, luma3ds 6.6, and bootntr selector. When I load ntr.bin 3.3 and 3.4 I am not able to switch games or apps without bootntr soft bricking, which means I have to hard reboot my 3ds each time I want to load a different game or app. When 9.2 and 10.7 was released I was able to run bootntr 3.3-3d for months without any problems, but all of a sudden 11.2 is released and I can't use it for one month without the damn homebrew bricking my fucking 3ds.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems with bootntr on 11.2. I have a9lh, luma3ds 6.6, and bootntr selector. When I load ntr.bin 3.3 and 3.4 I am not able to switch games or apps without bootntr soft bricking. Which means I have to hard reboot my 3ds each time I want to load a different game or app. When 9.2 and 10.7 was released I was able to run bootntr 3.3-3d for months without any problems, but all of a sudden 11.2 is released and I can't use it for one moth without the damn homebrew bricking my fucking 3ds.
That's normal. It's built into NTR and there's nothing you can do about except for live with it.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems with bootntr on 11.2. I have a9lh, luma3ds 6.6, and bootntr selector. When I load ntr.bin 3.3 and 3.4 I am not able to switch games or apps without bootntr soft bricking. Which means I have to hard reboot my 3ds each time I want to load a different game or app. When 9.2 and 10.7 was released I was able to run bootntr 3.3-3d for months without any problems, but all of a sudden 11.2 is released and I can't use it for one moth without the damn homebrew bricking my fucking 3ds.
by 'soft bricking' you probably mean soft-lock or freeze or something (brick = system does not turn on). also this is most likely a problem with NTR CFW (3.4) rather than BootNTR itself. have you tried the normal BootNTR (https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases)? fw spoof is still largely useless.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
That's normal. It's built into NTR and there's nothing you can do about except for live with it.

Bootntr and ntr.bin 3.3-3d don't have that problem when using it on firmware lower than 11.0, but all of a sudden things break on the newest firmware and that's normal?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootntr and ntr.bin 3.3-3d don't have that problem when using it on firmware lower than 11.0, but all of a sudden things break on the newest firmware and that's normal?
It's normal for 3.4 to have this issue, as ihaveamac said. It's not a firmware issue. It's a NTR issue.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
by 'soft bricking' you probably mean soft-lock or freeze or something (brick = system does not turn on). also this is most likely a problem with NTR CFW (3.4) rather than BootNTR itself. have you tried the normal BootNTR (https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases)? fw spoof is still largely useless.

I have tried every single 3.3 and 3.4 version I can find, and each time its same problem. Its as if the problem is system wide and I can't do anything about it.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I have converted 20 titles to CIA, and they all work just fine. I do check the FW spoof box in the converter.

Last edited by XC-3730C,

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Please I would like to know if there's a method to convert the CIA files back into the .3DS files using this tool... Assuming that I have all the proper xorpads...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-