cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i'm going to use this to check if this will fix a problem i have:
3ds with parental controls, i don't want the user accessing the internet.
in the parental controls, i disable age restrictions, so any game can be played.
SOME cias still need the PIN entrered when starting...
because the age restriction is different between regions, parental controls can't handle it properly.
some games are fine, but some aren't. i think the ones that are ok are region free... :)
usually I don't agree with making the game region free but this is a special situation for me :D
i'll see if my idea works

- it seems that it won't work, because sure... the parental age region bit will not be changed.

@Riku, any chance you could patch this - "0x20 bitmask indicates No Age Restriction."
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/SMDH#Region_Specific_Game_Age_Ratings

so that region free content will not have side effects when using parental controls :)

Last edited by cearp,

homefryguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I went into Decrypt9 to make the xorpads for the .cia I'm converting the slotkey.bin files that I needed did not load. Shouldn't they go in the root of my SD or do I need to do something with them first?

EDIT: Nevermind I just needed to load Decrypt9 again

Last edited by homefryguy,

homefryguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for double posting, but if you use this converter it'll produce a region-free .cia right? When I tried it and installed the game it wouldn't load and I'm assuming it is still region-locked. Can I fix this or is it impossible to make the game region-free with the converter?

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sorry for double posting, but if you use this converter it'll produce a region-free .cia right? When I tried it and installed the game it wouldn't load and I'm assuming it is still region-locked. Can I fix this or is it impossible to make the game region-free with the converter?
The converter automatically build a region-free cia

Fallen_Lucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but ive converted Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori (Animal crossing new leaf JAP ver) using this and using the xorpads you specified and it doesnt work on my 3ds, mind you i'm using a region free patched aureinand version, it works just fine on my japanese 3ds but not on this one, any ideas?

chaos blast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
How to cryptofix the cias i create? especially the eshops (means an eshop cia wont work unless i went to eshop and check its page) how to fix this without going to eshop? also called cryptofixed cia? idnt know how to do it. any help?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
How to cryptofix the cias i create? especially the eshops (means an eshop cia wont work unless i went to eshop and check its page) how to fix this without going to eshop? also called cryptofixed cia? idnt know how to do it. any help?
decrypt9 :)
i think you will need the seed from eshop thought to decrypt it, so you can share with others.

Last edited by cearp,

chaos blast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Decrypt9? like when creating xorpads? i used rxtools. and how can i get the seed that i dnt know anything about?...actually i have a couple of cias i didnt create that also need cryptofix. i thought maybe there is a way to fix them without rebuilding them from scratch!

Gudradan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have used 3DS Simple CIA converter to convert some .3ds files in .cia ones, but while using Decrypt9 to get the XORPADs an error message said that I needed the file "slot0x1BKeyX.bin" to get over crypto secure 4, but the process generated the XORPADs anyway, and I used that to make the .cia files. Are now those .cia corrupted/have some problems? Now I added "slot0x1BKeyX.bin" to the MicroSD, should I generate the XORPADs again? And I need any more files other than the 4 key.bin files to generate good XORPADs? Thanks.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AVG seems to think this is a Trojan? Anybody else get this? I'm assuming this is a false positive, but AVG keeps detecting it has high severity and it's starting to bug me.

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AVG seems to think this is a Trojan? Anybody else get this? I'm assuming this is a false positive, but AVG keeps detecting it has high severity and it's starting to bug me.
Some shitty antiviruses doesn't like UPX-compressed executables and blindly marks them as infected.

I updated program, it's now uncompressed. Re-download it.

Last edited by Riku,

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to get the source of this?
Also would it be possible to make it accept Parameters from batch or console?
Simple_3ds ncch {rompath}
To create the ncchinfo.bin and
Simple_3ds make {rompath}
To create the cia? And just use the xorpads out of the xorpads folder by default?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: "No! Free! Drinks!"