Homebrew [Release] 3DS RGB LED test program

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how'd you make this work with ntr, like where i'd have to place the .c file?
Find a sample NTR plugin file, copy and paste the gist into the gameplg.c, adjust accordingly (just looping the Rainbowize function should be fine), compile, copy the generated cheat.plg file to sdmc/plugin/titleid/cheat.plg, boot NTR (haha), load the game with the titleid you specified, wait for a green screen flash, colors!

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is the adapted ntr version of the code: (Call Rainbowize(1) to enable led and Rainbowize (0) to disable) Most of the modifications are made by MarcusD and Nanquitas, so credits to them :)

Github gist
Hey! I'd really love the rainbow notification plugin for Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 7!

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Uuugghh...

Just had a huge scare. I launched NTR, and started the cheat.plg.

Put my system in Sleep Mode, and when I opened the system, I heard a pop and the system shut off.

Luckily, it turned on again, but I'm definitely not using this again...

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm getting hyped!
This one little hack gives a lot of new possibilities, can't wait to see what the community comes up with. I really love the idea presented on Reddit so that everytime you get the sparks hit in Smash Bros the LED blinks Red, or use tricks in Mario Kart 7 to make the LED blink Blue once.

This is like Ambilight for Nintendo 3DS!

How about in any of the Zelda games when your health gets so low that it makes the beep-beep noise, if the LED would blink red until you get enough hearts to sop that low-health noise. Haha, that would be really clever. Hell to take that idea further, have the color of the LED light reflect your overall health for any given game, including Zelda of course. Full health would be bright green, and then it changes to yellow to orange to red to blinking red as your health gets lower and lower.

Last edited by duffmmann,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Uuugghh...

Just had a huge scare. I launched NTR, and started the cheat.plg.

Put my system in Sleep Mode, and when I opened the system, I heard a pop and the system shut off.

Luckily, it turned on again, but I'm definitely not using this again...

Welp, it has nothing to do with the LED pattern! If it happened after opening the lid, it's purely a mechanical malfunction!

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't the power button and led also depend on MCU? If that's true you wouldn't that make you unable to power on the console?

It seems that possibly "part of" the MCU can be bricked but some parts can still function. That's my theory anyways.

Please, if I'm wrong, correct me!

Last edited by Lucar,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It seems that possibly "part of" the MCU can be bricked but some parts can still function. That's my theory anyways.

Please, if I'm wrong, correct me!

According to people on #3dsdev it's possible to unbrick using noscreeninit A9LH, provided your 3DS can still turn on :P

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to people on #3dsdev it's possible to unbrick using noscreeninit A9LH, provided your 3DS can still turn on :P

So, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's like how you can brick your 3DS in multiple ways and the different ways have different effects. The MCU could still be semi-functional, allowing for it to turn on the system, but not be able to turn the screens on.

Reactions: Sono

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's like how you can brick your 3DS in multiple ways and the different ways have different effects. The MCU could still be semi-functional, allowing for it to turn on the system, but not be able to turn the screens on.

Welp, maybe, or maybe not, depends on many factors /shrug

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Welp, it has nothing to do with the LED pattern! If it happened after opening the lid, it's purely a mechanical malfunction!
Never had any problems with the system before. Never even disassembled it.

After the second time returning from sleep mode, I heard a pop and the system immediately shut down.

The rainbow only shows when it is in Sleep Mode. When it isn't, it's just a yellow light.

I noticed that the first time I did it.

After you take it out of sleep mode, it completely changes from whatever color that was glowing in the rainbow directly back to yellow. It unsettled me how abrupt it did that.

The second time I returned from sleeping, the system shut down. I'm 100% sure it was due to this mod.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games.