• Nope, no care about that

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • No, but i will do it one day

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Yes, on rednand and it works !

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand and it works !

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand AND rednand and it works !

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nope, i bricked my rednand

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Nope, i bricked my Wii U

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Will I need a 64gb sd card for my wii u (32gb black) in order to install redNAND?^^
Yes you need a 64gb sd card but why are you wanting to use to outdated rednand which is only of use to devs and breaks all the time when you can do everything that rednand does in sysnand plus a whole lot more?? Plus it's just as safe if not more so.

Reactions: Deleted User

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has this method been made easier since it was posted? I own many imported Wii U games from EU and Japan and would be interested in playing them on my US Wii U.

Any advice I should know before attempting this? I will be reading over the instructions like a dozen times to make sure I don't cause a brick of course.

D

Deleted User

Has this method been made easier since it was posted? I own many imported Wii U games from EU and Japan and would be interested in playing them on my US Wii U.

Any advice I should know before attempting this? I will be reading over the instructions like a dozen times to make sure I don't cause a brick of course.
Look at keyboard when you type these 3 damn numbers.
Don't write them to ConsoleID or anything related to Wii U.
Just change whatever @OP said to.
Verify it thousand of times. FTP and drop it back into Wii U.
Easy as that.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

wiiarctus

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes you need a 64gb sd card but why are you wanting to use to outdated rednand which is only of use to devs and breaks all the time when you can do everything that rednand does in sysnand plus a whole lot more?? Plus it's just as safe if not more so.
Because I want to play Mario Kart 8 USA on my EUR console and it freezes when the main menu is going to load up on every start of the game..^^

D

Deleted User

Because I want to play Mario Kart 8 USA on my EUR console and it freezes when the main menu is going to load up on every start of the game..^^
It might be missing some files, perhaps?
Maybe try using Spiik and spoof yourself to US.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at keyboard when you type these 3 damn numbers.
Don't write them to ConsoleID or anything related to Wii U.
Just change whatever @OP said to.
Verify it thousand of times. FTP and drop it back into Wii U.
Easy as that.
Thank you for the vote of confidence. I'll give this a go this weekend.

For something that isn't even made anymore and damn expensive to buy a replacement you really want to make sure it's as safe as possible. Hope you understand.

Reactions: Reecey
D

Deleted User

For something that isn't even made anymore and damn expensive to buy a replacement you really want to make sure it's as safe as possible. Hope you understand.
You can only soft-brick with this, If you manage to do that then hardmod is the only option since even HBL will not run.
But it's literally so easy, i don't understand why people brick. It's just 3 numbers D:

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And why would rednand help?? Its just a direct copy of your sysnand it's no different nt if it does not work on sysnand it won't work on rednand.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure? I reinstalled it two times already XD^^
Yes but if you are just reinstalling the same dump it's never going to work as the dump is faulty (it's like having a scratched dvd no mater how many times you insert the dvd into the player it's still going to be scratched . You need to redownload the whole game again then reinstall it. Use wiiu USB download helper to download the game that program checks all the files download correctly and if not it downloads them again for you until they are fine.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

I was just having a look myself on ebay.co.uk for the first time since buying mine and your right brand new ones are still fetching around £580 down to £250 which really your spot on for something that is not made anymore, that's a lot of money!. I see second hand units selling for as low as £100 but I would never touch a second hand unit of ebay nowadays unless I actually saw it working, mainly because of cbhc bricks and I'm quite sure many scammers out there are trying to shift there wiu's without the knowledge of a cbhc brick to the end buyer or even a Regionhax brick, it can happen!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-Wii-U-32GB-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-Premium-Pack-Black-Wii/201689260920?_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226&_trkparms=aid=555014&algo=PL.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=43781&meid=491511c7428345d09b6349cd5145373d&pid=100505&rk=1&rkt=1& :O

Last edited by Reecey,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just having a look myself on ebay.co.uk for the first time and your right brand new ones are still fetching around £550 down to £250 which really your spot on for something that is not made anymore that's a lot of money!. I see second hand units selling for as low as £100 but I would never touch a second hand unit of ebay nowadays unless I actually saw it working, mainly because of cbhc bricks and I'm quite sure many scammers out there are trying to shift there wiu's without the knowledge of a cbhc brick to the end buyer.
I imagine the Wii U will become like the Sega Saturn in terms of pricing in the next 5 years. As of now the system is unappreciated but as the years go by people will want to discover what they missed out on and find the gems this console offers. With only 13 million consoles worldwide I only imagine it will get worse as times go on.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I imagine the Wii U will become like the Sega Saturn in terms of pricing in the next 5 years. As of now the system is unappreciated but as the years go by people will want to discover what they missed out on and find the gems this console offers. With only 13 million consoles worldwide I only imagine it will get worse as times go on.
yeah agreed! this console will probably do much better dead, than when it was alive a bit like "Elvis"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: dont do it!