• Nope, no care about that

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • No, but i will do it one day

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Yes, on rednand and it works !

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand and it works !

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand AND rednand and it works !

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nope, i bricked my rednand

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Nope, i bricked my Wii U

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted User

I was just having a look myself on ebay.co.uk for the first time since buying mine and your right brand new ones are still fetching around £580 down to £250 which really your spot on for something that is not made anymore, that's a lot of money!. I see second hand units selling for as low as £100 but I would never touch a second hand unit of ebay nowadays unless I actually saw it working, mainly because of cbhc bricks and I'm quite sure many scammers out there are trying to shift there wiu's without the knowledge of a cbhc brick to the end buyer or even a Regionhax brick, it can happen!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-Wii-U-32GB-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-Premium-Pack-Black-Wii/201689260920?_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226&_trkparms=aid=555014&algo=PL.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=43781&meid=491511c7428345d09b6349cd5145373d&pid=100505&rk=1&rkt=1& :O
Buying bricked ones is better since you can actually redump your data from one console to another and it will work.
In here they usually cost 1,140pln because "Loadiine softmod" my ass...
I managed to snipe one 4 years ago for 800pln, used but in factory new condition with 1.0.0E :3
You have to be lucky or you have to buy from scalpers on ebay.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Buying bricked ones is better since you can actually redump your data from one console to another and it will work.
In here they usually cost 1,140pln because "Loadiine softmod" my ass...
I managed to snipe one 4 years ago for 800pln, used but in factory new condition with 1.0.0E :3
You have to be lucky or you have to buy from scalpers on ebay.
Not sure who's told you that information? you cant dump the nand from one wiiu and use it on another, it has its own encryption and can only be used with that console ID.

D

Deleted User

Not sure who's told you that information? you cant dump the nand from one wiiu and use it on another, it has its own encryption and can only be used with that console.
Didn't dimok say in one thread that NAND dump from another console [I think he meant MLC?] works on another with same NNID accounts?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't dimok say in one thread that NAND dump from another console [I think he meant MLC?] works on another with same NNID accounts?
No, it wont work that way, it would be nice if it did though! if we could do that then some members here that bricked there wiiu in the past before a full nand dump was made available we could then easily use someone elses full nand dump and basically just install it on there wiiu through a softmod tool to unbrick it.

Edit: you need your nand fully dumped from your console to be able to unbrick it again, to explain it more easily :)

Last edited by Reecey,
D

Deleted User

No, it wont work that way, it would be nice if it did though! if we could do that then some members here that bricked there wiiu in the past before a full nand dump was made available we could then easily use someone elses full nand dump and basically just install it on there wiiu through a softmod tool to unbrick it.

Edit: you need your nand fully dumped from your console to be able to unbrick it again, to explain it more easily :)
Oh, that sucks.

wiiarctus

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes but if you are just reinstalling the same dump it's never going to work as the dump is faulty (it's like having a scratched dvd no mater how many times you insert the dvd into the player it's still going to be scratched . You need to redownload the whole game again then reinstall it. Use wiiu USB download helper to download the game that program checks all the files download correctly and if not it downloads them again for you until they are fine.
I installed the game, update and DLC with the USB Helper xD

Benial

Trophies
XP
Country
How would I remove Regionhax? I installed it but there's no reason for me to have it since I have no foriegn games, and I need to get the disk booter channel so I can lend it to a friend without them bricking it by mistake using homebrew.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I remove Regionhax? I installed it but there's no reason for me to have it since I have no foriegn games, and I need to get the disk booter channel so I can lend it to a friend without them bricking it by mistake using homebrew.

just reverse the steps. it's not difficult. lol

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What reason would there be to remove it? Doesn't it work seamlessly in the background and plays games like any other Wii U would?
Yeah, the region is 119 for all, and when it loads whatever the version game you have it uses that number since it's in 119. For example you play a US game it'll read 2, you play a EUR game it'll read 4. Works exactly the same. I guess if they wanted it to be stock they would remove it? Or just changed the region to one of the different ones and not all?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the region is 119 for all, and when it loads whatever the version game you have it uses that number since it's in 119. For example you play a US game it'll read 2, you play a EUR game it'll read 4. Works exactly the same.
That doesnt explain why someone would want to uninstall it. If it doesnt cause any complications, any slowdowns, anything wrong at all I was interested in any possible changes it could cause. I do own some imported games myself but I'd like to know the pros and the cons to doing regionhax.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesnt explain why someone would want to uninstall it. If it doesnt cause any complications, any slowdowns, anything wrong at all I was interested in any possible changes it could cause. I do own some imported games myself but I'd like to know the pros and the cons to doing regionhax.
Well the pros are region free, the cons would be no region free without a cfw. You only gain from doing this hack.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the pros are region free, the cons would be no region free without a cfw. You only gain from doing this hack.
I want to believe you and I have no reason to think your lying, I really do think its as simple as that. I'm just really skeptical why someone would want to remove it.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to believe you and I have no reason to think your lying, I really do think its as simple as that. I'm just really skeptical why someone would want to remove it.
Like I said, only reason I could honestly see is if they were skeptical about doing it, and maybe didn't have a use for it so they put it back to stock, or they are running a cfw now and didn't think they needed it.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, only reason I could honestly see is if they were skeptical about doing it, and maybe didn't have a use for it so they put it back to stock, or they are running a cfw now and didn't think they needed it.
Not even custom firmware can make the Wii U region free, at least if were talking about CBHC don't know about Mocha. There was a homebrew application that did allow for region free but that would require opening the launchwe and running the app everytime instead of the alternative of just running the game from the main menu like any other game.

I really don't see the issue. If you gave a kid a Wii U that had regionhax installed and didn't say a word about it I doubt there would be anything they could do to brick the console (at least because of Regionhax being the cause.)

I'll PM the OP and ask about any cons to be sure. As I said before Wii U systems aren't made anymore and I don't want any bricks from whatever this causes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"