Change Language Games Wii u USA in Japan Wii U Región Free

NaNoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi i am from Chile, sorry for my "english". I have my wii u japanese with regiónfreehax with USA games installed in the hard drive. But the games start in english and other in japanese like Kirby, and i want to make the games start in spanish, i try with Spiik, but some games frezee and others start in english.

I have a theory, i think if change a number in sys_prod.xml (the same file to make the Regiónfreehax), is posible change the language default to start the games.

My question is if that posible, and what line i can change without brick my console.

This is the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<sys_prod type="complex" access="710">
<version type="unsignedInt" length="4" access="710">5</version>
<eeprom_version type="unsignedShort" length="2" access="710">1</eeprom_version>
<product_area type="unsignedInt" length="4" access="710">1</product_area>
<game_region type="unsignedInt" length="4" access="700">119</game_region>
<ntsc_pal type="string" length="5" access="700">NTSC</ntsc_pal>
<5ghz_country_code type="string" length="4" access="710">EU</5ghz_country_code>
<5ghz_country_code_revision type="unsignedByte" length="1" access="710">24</5ghz_country_code_revision>
<code_id type="string" length="8" access="710">FJF</code_id>
<serial_id type="string" length="12" access="710">102911419</serial_id>
<model_number type="string" length="16" access="710">WUP-101(01)</model_number>
</sys_prod>

Thank you for any help.

GregoFMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah don't do that, editing sys_prod can be dangerous and result in a brick.

Kirby, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World and some others can be set to spanish if you decrypt the game and change the Japanese language files to the Spanish/English ones from the EUR/USA version. And as i said before in other thread, even if Spiik works in various games, there are a few of them, mostly Nintendo first-party, causes either the console to freeze or does not change anything at all.

But, the games i have encountered that issue work perfectly in English, and you would agree that is 100x times better that playing it in Japanese.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...