• Nope, no care about that

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • No, but i will do it one day

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Yes, on rednand and it works !

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand and it works !

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Yes, on sysnand AND rednand and it works !

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nope, i bricked my rednand

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Nope, i bricked my Wii U

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mopex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Problem with that is he does not have Haxchi and cant load the internet browser so has zero way of booting rednand as he changed the region on sysnand now the browser won't load.
Exactly. Are there any possibilities to access the wii u file system from vwii mode? It seems to be working.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly. Are there any possibilities to access the wii u file system from vwii mode? It seems to be working.
Nope sorry. What I don't get is if you had rednand region free why did you change the region on sysnand and again why did you not pick all regions for sysnand. Basically you have a semi bricked wiiu that has no way of accessing homebrew to fix the problem.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

mopex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My PAL-games for WII did not work, even within CFW-mode and 119 set. I always got the message "invalid disc". So I set 4 instead of 119 on my sysNAND. :(

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PAL-games for WII did not work, even within CFW-mode and 119 set. I always got the message "invalid disc". So I set 4 instead of 119 on my sysNAND. :(
Out of region Wii games will be a hit or miss, and are highly likely to not work evenn with region free

D

Deleted User

Since you have redNAND, you can extract NAND from it and hard mod it back into Wii U [Which will defeat that semi-brick issue of yours]

mopex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since you have redNAND, you can extract NAND from it and hard mod it back into Wii U [Which will defeat that semi-brick issue of yours]
Thanks for answering. But how? I can't access redNAND. I've modified sysNAND and the browser does not work. So I stucked within sysNAND. Unfortunately i don't have haxchi. But I have backups made with "sdio nand manager".

D

Deleted User

Thanks for answering. But how? I can't access redNAND. I've modified sysNAND and the browser does not work. So I stucked within sysNAND. Unfortunately i don't have haxchi. But I have backups made with "sdio nand manager".
There's a thread somewhere on here.
But you need Teensy v2.0 i think? [and other stuff]
Oh, and if you found that thread, be careful not to shorten your NAND pins or you will kill your Wii U.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/successf...-nand-with-hardmod.457165/page-3#post-7084870

Check it, ask them for help if you need to.

Last edited by ,

mopex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Last edited by mopex,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gameregion setting is not your console region setting (which you can't change successfully anyway.) All it does is takes the region value of a title at the title's startup and does a logical AND (basically, the sum of the common bit values) against this value. So if the title's region value is 2 (second bit on), but the gameregion setting is 4 (third bit on), there are no common bits, so the AND is 0. When the AND is 0, the system refuses to launch the title. 119 wasn't a problem because 119 has the 1, 2, 4, 16, 32, and 64 bits on, so 119 AND 2 is 2, and 119 AND 4 is 4.

I know this doesn't help you, but I hope it will keep someone else from making an assumption about the setting.

D

Deleted-384698

no, i wouldn't even advise you to do it if you're too lazy to read the OP.
mocha should be more than enough for most people's needs
i didn't say that did i?
i have mocha, it takes a while to boot.
Since the essential message here is the editing of a file that can also be accessed and edited just the same from ftpiiu everwhere, I am wondering if I could just use that since, at the date this post was made, i don't think the tools to use that to do this existed
OR perhaps that the tools used here was absolutely necessary, though i believe unlikely, i'm no expert and i am not keen on a brick

Last edited by ,

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i didn't say that did i?
Since the essential message here is the editing of a file that can also be accessed and edited just the same from ftpiiu everwhere, I am wondering if I could just use that since, at the date this post was made, it did not exist.
OR perhaps that the tools used here was absolutely necessary, though i believe unlikely, i'm no expert and i am not keen on a brick
if you are able to access the nand files with ftpiiu, then sure, go ahead and do it.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm lazy can i just do this from ftpiiu everywhere?
Yes, you can. Read up on the New Profile issues if you're ever going to make any new profiles, and consider just changing the region in the meta.xml of the out-of-region games/updates instead (unless you have a ton of them.)

D

Deleted-384698

Yes, you can. Read up on the New Profile issues if you're ever going to make any new profiles, and consider just changing the region in the meta.xml of the out-of-region games/updates instead (unless you have a ton of them.)
for some reason when i change game regions in meta.xml it likes to change itself right back

D

Deleted-384698

I haven't seen that except for when I load an update. Got an example title that you recall it happening with?
well i tried to do it with the eur version of botw recently and everytime i change it it still gives me the out of region error
and i look back at the meta.xml and it's changed back somehow

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i didn't say that did i?
Since the essential message here is the editing of a file that can also be accessed and edited just the same from ftpiiu everwhere, I am wondering if I could just use that since, at the date this post was made, i don't think the tools to use that to do this existed
It quite literally takes me 30 seconds to load mocha that is not a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    +1
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    Thank you
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm back. Just really tired.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I'm back. Just really tired.