Hacking ReggieNext with NSMBU support released!

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's normal. You just have to yaz0 compress it.

The reason it crashes the editor, is because you save it and it isn't a yaz0, it reloads, but it doesn't see that it's not a yaz0 and crashes. Just compress it, open it again, and choose the area.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's normal. You just have to yaz0 compress it.

The reason it crashes the editor, is because you save it and it isn't a yaz0, it reloads, but it doesn't see that it's not a yaz0 and crashes. Just compress it, open it again, and choose the area.
Soz for my noobness is there an option to compress the level in the editor itself? or do i need another program?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So after finaly finding the compress program here is something i made
SMB 1-1 http://www.mediafire.com/download/8k0hazjba21e8tk/1-1.szs the thing is the entry doesnt work i think i got everything correct here i tryed with has a top and has a top* but whatever i do i just cant get it entarable mario cant enter it no matter what i do any chance you take a look at the level?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What do you mean by "the entry doesn't work"?
i made them work by make them sloppy

for instance if the entry is right on the pipe top it doesnt work you need to make the entry on top of the pipe and choose has a top*, of course mario will clip his feets trough the pipe when standing on top of it but it works.

So if Anyone cares to try Super Mario Bros Nes W1-1 everything works and such besides the pipe cliping on the entrys i just added star coins and the midway flag to make it more have all the new goodies but besides that its a perfect copy of the first mario level if anyone can record or take high quality pics please go ahead and thanks Mre Rean for updating the editor to work with entrys.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ccim8jvgi60yt2/SMB+W1-1.szs

just rename to 1-1.szs

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why is this? It's Kind of bothersome that I have to open up another program just to compress it. And the fact that you never explained this in the original post. It's not gonna ruin my life, but it's just kind of an odd choice to me. And not very user friendly.
yeah i had to dig alot to find it also what bothers me is everytime you edit an area(each level can have multiple areas) your forced to save then use the other program to compress and then repon it on reggie again so its kinda bothersome it doesnt have compression built in imo.

Reactions: wingedkoopa67

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like the editor isn't liking the generated spritedata. Maybe something todo with characters that shouldn't be used?

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
You just need the editor, the level files, the tileset files, and a sarc creating software.
You need the game and a compatible Wii U for the exploit. You may need some network/PC stuff for the exploit as well, but you'll have to find that out by looking at the relevant threads/videos.

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's pretty bad that this editor doesn't also allow NSMB2 level editing, since the Reggie-Next! for NSMB2 still doesn't support entrance editing.

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v0.4.1 is out!

Download!

Here's what's new!
  • Fixed a bug with path deselection
  • Fixed a lot of crashing bugs
  • Zone adding now supported
  • Path adding & editing is now supported, along with an unknown being able to be edited
  • Useless features removed, such as changing the game, and the level diagnostics tool (never worked)
  • Update structures for all object types
  • Level options editing and saving, along with the unknowns
  • bgA and bgB dependencies are gone
  • Window title and all are updated, it's not really ReggieNext
One thing I do need, though, are sprite images! They need to be over 60 x 60 and be a reasonable size for the editor. It's one of the things I need to make the editor better, than it already is. :)

Thanks!

I released v0.4.1, this fixes a bug with a crash that crashes the program when you select a level on the menu.

Remember to follow me on twitter, @reanyboi, for updates. :D

Last edited by MrRean,

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..No. There's no way to quickly yaz0 compress a file of that size.

There is a program called fake_yaz0, though. It quickly compresses but takes a while to load in-game, but it's the quicker method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-