Hacking Homebrew Cancelled Game Maker Studio export module for 3DS and Wii U?

FoxFore32x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So for quite some time i had installed Game Maker 1.4 with help of the Universal Patcher since i was curious of how game development was on there, and i noticed that on a tutorial i've seen for Universal Patcher, Wii U and 3DS were both options for exporting your game on, even they have options in the general preferences menu but only asking for their respective SDK.

Here's some proof

1704779347674.png
1704779405568.png
1704779419036.png

So the thing is that it doesn't let you export it to those platforms since the runner binary which should be both GameMaker-Studio\/WiiU/Runner/runner.rpx and GameMaker-Studio\/3DS/Runner/runner.3ds are missing, because as far as i'm aware, Yoyo actually never released them since they were probably canned.

1704779699921.png

I wanted to ask if it's possible to make a game run on both platforms by some method like a homebrew made Yoyo runner, or by modifying Game Maker itself to force it to export to those platforms :)

Edit:

Apologies if i had the Prefixes wrong, i'm kinda new on posting on here xddd

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to ask if it's possible to make a game run on both platforms by some method like a homebrew made Yoyo runner, or by modifying Game Maker itself to force it to export to those platforms :)
I would highly advise against compiling games using SDKs that are confidential property, and then releasing them as homebrew. You wouldn't want to get the Nintendo ninjas involved, do you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game