Hacking ReggieNext with NSMBU support released!

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the time is here! We've finally decided to draft a release just to show you guys how it works. This is a legit release, and from the real devs of Reggie Next. :)

Current Version -- v0.4

Download!

However, when it comes to an alpha build, you have to expect stuff to be buggy.

What's supported?
~Adding/editing entrances.
~Adding/editing locations
~Adding/editing sprites
~Editing tileset name strings (MUST BE CHANGED WITHIN THE ARCHIVE, TOO)
~Adding/editing path nodes
~Adding/editing zones
~Editing area options

There's a lot more support to come, so keep up with us. :)

Known Bugs
~Background editing does not work.

How can I help with sprite data?
Send me a pm. There's a database we work on that generates XMLs that we can use in our editor. :)

How do I update my sprite data, and categories?
You simply go to 2 places on my website, and copy-paste the XML into /reggiedata/spritedata.xml and /reggiedata/categories.xml
Spritedata XML
Category XML

How can I help contribute?
You can view the source code here and you can submit a pull request to whatever changes you like! If you show great progress in helping, please ask to have direct access without having to file a pull request. :)

How do I run it?
There's 2 ways to run this program. You can either run from the binary, or run it from source.

Want to run it from the binary (exe)? You find the current release on the Releases Page and download it for yourself. The binary is made for 32-bit windows applications.

Want to run it from source? It's pretty easy as well. Here's a few things you need, though:
You install all of these, and then you're good to go! Just run this:
Code:
python reggie.py
to run it from source.

Special Thanks
Ninji -- Original developer
RoadrunnerWMC -- NSMBU support, spritedata documentation, sprite images
Grop, Hiccup -- Spritedata documentation
Kinnay -- Spritedata documentation, testing, sprite images
MrRean -- Spritedata documentation, testing, sprite images, functionality edits, NSMBU support

Thank you all, and expect later releases soon! :)

Last edited by MrRean,

loco365

Trophies
XP
I have to wonder if some of these tools are being released because a Wii U release is imminent. It'd be nice to be able to test out the levels we make.

Reactions: Margen67

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to wonder if some of these tools are being released because a Wii U release is imminent. It'd be nice to be able to test out the levels we make.

After talking it over with MrRean, I'm considering releasing the kernel exploit sooner than initially planned. It'll depend on how much IOSU progress I make over the next few weeks.

loco365

Trophies
XP
After talking it over with MrRean, I'm considering releasing the kernel exploit sooner than initially planned. It'll depend on how much IOSU progress I make over the next few weeks.
That's really great to hear, honestly. Might be able to do some game research once a release does occur.

Also makes me glad I have downloaded copies of NSMBU and MK8 now, all the fun I'll have with that.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Surprized AboodXD hasn't posted here already lol.
Here I come..... MWAHAHAHAHA... *coughs*, whatever.
I found an error:
My editor can load SARC files fine, but your editor doesn't :P, SARCs don't seem to load fine, I know exactly what's the problem.... I'm waiting for you to figure it out.

Last edited by AboodXD,

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
So they made a mistake, not a big deal. They wrote the code you implemented in their own program. You never wrote anything. You steal people's code and programs, put them together and act as if its yours.
Its like if I photocopied the Mona Lisa and sold it off as my own work.

Reactions: VinsCool

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Which still means nothing because: (1) it was a simple regression bug that can be easily fixed and (2) you wouldn't have this working at all without the actual authors, so stop acting so superior.
1.I was reporting that bug.
2.I know, that's why I said millions of time "thanks to Roadrunner for SARC.py".

I don't know what's your problem guys, I just found a bug and I'm just reporting.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what's your problem guys, I just found a bug and I'm just reporting.

The problem is not what you say, the problem is how you say it. A simple "I tried X and it resulted in Y, when I expected Z" is much better than:

Here I come..... MWAHAHAHAHA... *coughs*, whatever.
I found an error:
My editor can load SARC files fine, but your editor doesn't :P, I know exactly what's the problem.... I'm waiting for you to figure it out.

Which isn't even really a bug report at all, just you gloating about your editor. And don't think I didn't catch you editing your post in the other thread. You get called out on your behavior, and then try to remove the evidence.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
There we go :)

d64.gif

Last edited by VinsCool,