Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
John_and_Edward said:
Here's a custom level I made!

nsmbwhack11.png

You're cutting off the start of the level by having it that close to the zone border.
The bottom of the level is also cut off some, you need at least 3 blocks of space there for it to not look like crap in game, and the edges need extended several blocks below the line so that people don't slip off the level when walljumping in the pit.
Your terrain isn't drawn correctly. the underhang pieces are incorrect. Look at my New Classic 1-3.
Delete the super guide block. It's not needed, because the replays won't work. Pipe entrances go on the top left corner of the pipe's edge, not in the middle.
I can't tell what Location 1 is supposed to do (maybe it has something to do with the 38 a little further down).
The pink block isn't what you want to have there, that's line controlled. Look at retail 1-5 to see how to make spinning blocks like what you want.
Plus, it looks like you left the cloud areas that are part of 1-1, including the sprites.

Come on folks, play your levels at least once. Strive to make them as good as Nintendo's both visually and functionally.

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask what the other files do for Reggie!? I used the dumper to dump the bare minimum for Reggie! and am wondering about the other files, like the effects, that the reggie dumper can dump.

Do the effect files show the animations of the various sprites?

Thanks!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Just to say: My problem that Reggie! didn't worked on Ubuntu 9.10 is now fixed. I first tried the latest version @Github, didn't worked. Then I upgraded to 10.04 and it worked afterwards.

Anyways, thanks for all the help on IRC and here, and thanks for the great App. I'm now going to make some levels
biggrin.gif
!

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
No other files currently do anything for Reggie. You can still dump and modify many of those files yourself for use with Riivolution or whatnot. There are various banner files, brstms, brres files, and other types which are modifiable with other tools.

zamlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so cool! I got this program the first day it released!!!!! Now I can work on NEW Super Mario Bros EXTREME!!!!!!!!!!!! I just need a team for the levels and all that stuff.... My netbook can't fit the editing windows like for the backgrounds and such...

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dolphin plays nsmbw on my pc perfectly. but i also have a quad core. you have to use the directx plugin, opengl is too slow right now. also update to the latest dolphin, there is a RC version out there.

sometimes you might get graphical issues. but its no big deal. also depends on your gpu.

AJAX_2500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a place where we can see all of the team that are currently working on new versions of the game(like "Newer Super Mario Bros.")? I'd kinda like to get in on one but i wanna see witch ones are out there first..

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HOPEFULLY.... any team to form would be kind enough (& smart enough), to register here: http://rvlution.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=20

'Newer' is the only formed team that I know about right now, and I follow this as closely as possible. 'New Retro' seemed to try to form, but as far as I know never got past the "who came up with the name" phase of things. That's not to say it does not have a couple "members" off on their own making whatever levels, but if they are organized it is definitely not in an public manner.

My suggestion to you would be one of two things...
1. Make 2 or 3 levels (or whatever you see fit, tilesets, songs, coverart) and show them to me or other members of Newer, if they are good enough you will be asked to join the team then and there.
2. Start your own team, outline the thoughts and ideas you have and see if anyone is willing to help you.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't post a thread so I can make a team here at GBAtemp? I don't want to register to anymore forums unless needed...

AJAX_2500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! sounds good Pop006 I'll see what i can come up with.. Personaly i like to create the level layout and content.. thought thats prolly what most people like to do... I'll look in to the tileset stuff too cuz im sure its a good idea to be able to do many things..

Edit: Also is there currently an editor for the world layout? that would also be awesome to mess with!

Edit: Worldmps* not layouts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow