Hacking Reggie! - NSMBWii Level Editor

WiiFan2012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know where to put this, but this is for anyone who is getting an iPad. If you would like to use Reggie! on the go, just get a remote desktop app, then connect to your PC with it. Once connected, it is best to change the resolution of the PC to 1024x768, the same resolution as the iPad.

Just thought I let people know about this.

AJAX_2500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i have looked all over and i cant find this anywhere.. dose anyone know if there is a way to edit the banner(that drops down in the title screen)? if so can you tell me how to find it in the iso? thanks guys!!

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
AJAX_2500 said:
Ok so i have looked all over and i cant find this anywhere.. dose anyone know if there is a way to edit the banner(that drops down in the title screen)? if so can you tell me how to find it in the iso? thanks guys!!
check EU\Layout\openingTitle\openingTitle.arc (change EU according to your game region)

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Treeki said:
check EU\Layout\openingTitle\openingTitle.arc (change EU according to your game region)

I COULD be wrong about this... but i think this is the process
Extract OpeningTitle.arc, unpack with u8mii, convert file with tplmii so that you have a png of the banner... edit (keep original dimensions), save png... use tpl mii to convert edited banner back to wii file, recompress the folder with u8mii, insert back into iso or use with riivolution!

could be slightly off, it's been a while

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok...here comes the Ubuntu-User again (sorry, I don't have Winblows)...

Well, like you maybe know, I got it to work with Ubuntu 10.04 (yay!). Though, it's laggy. And I mean, realy laggy. It freezes for a few seconds sometimes, everything is slow (scrolling, loading, etc.). I even installed the external Lib, but it didn't changed something. I thought that this is normal, but I tried Reggie! two days ago on a Mac, and it was fast like nothing.

So, anyone got an Idea why it laggs for me?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Blue-K said:

Well, like you maybe know, I got it to work with Ubuntu 10.04 (yay!). Though, it's laggy. And I mean, realy laggy. It freezes for a few seconds sometimes, everything is slow (scrolling, loading, etc.). I even installed the external Lib, but it didn't changed something. I thought that this is normal, but I tried Reggie! two days ago on a Mac, and it was fast like nothing.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

If this was on windows i would expect that you have bad graphics drivers. What video card and what drivers do you have?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiPower said:
If this was on windows i would expect that you have bad graphics drivers. What video card and what drivers do you have?
Intel GMA950 and the default Ubuntu/Linux Drivers. I don't think the Drivers are bad, Compiz works without any problems, for example.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Blue-K said:

Thanks in advance
smile.gif
If the grid is on, turn it off - I have no idea why, but it draws extremely slowly on Linux.

I didn't have any issues with it on my netbook (GMA950, Compiz, etc) so the grid is probably the cause.

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow!
This is simply amazing
biggrin.gif

Thanks to the team for all their hard work on this. I am even going to take a whack a making a few levels myself
smile.gif

~Shizzy

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Treeki said:
If the grid is on, turn it off - I have no idea why, but it draws extremely slowly on Linux.

I didn't have any issues with it on my netbook (GMA950, Compiz, etc) so the grid is probably the cause.
That did it...amazing that a simple grid can slow down the whole App so drastically...

Thank you so much for your help, Reggie! runs now without any problems, and I even finsihed my first Level today (it's in the Depo)
biggrin.gif
. Realy, this App is great, great work
grog.gif

AJAX_2500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now i have a new question.. is there a way to replace the "save banner" i got it extracted from the game but cant find a way to get it back in..

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
AJAX_2500 said:
So now i have a new question.. is there a way to replace the "save banner" i got it extracted from the game but cant find a way to get it back in..
Not sure what you're talking about .. but if it's the save_banner.arc file, Riivolution should be able to replace it. Just put it into your SD card's nsmb folder.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
DeadlyFoez said:
Hey guys. I think i'm gonna start screwing around soon and see what I can come up with. But one thing that I have noticed with every level that I have tried out so far created by some other user is that the level does not take into consideration about if a toad gets captured.

For instance. No matter what level I put in place that has a toad help quote screaming from it, I never come across a box that I can release toad from.
I don't remember exactly how the toad system works, but if your savefile already has a Toad on a specific level, it will stay there - even if the level file is swapped out later.

If it needs to choose a new level for a Toad, it will search every level file in that world (numbered levels and Ghost Houses only, though). If that level contains a reference to the files for sprite 422, that level will be a possible Toad candidate.

D

Deleted User

Lorem Ipsum is slechts een proeftekst uit het drukkerij- en zetterijwezen. Lorem Ipsum is de standaard proeftekst in deze bedrijfstak sinds de 16e eeuw, toen een onbekende drukker een zethaak met letters nam en ze door elkaar husselde om een font-catalogus te maken.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!