Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wii scrubber:
Extract
ROOT>PARTITION 0 - DATA>EU>SpaEU>Layout>wiiStrat>WiiStrap.arc
The above will only work for PAL copies of the disk... the EU parts will change for NTSC i believe...

then unpack it with u8mii, open that extracted folder with szs modifier, extract the image, edit the image as required... reinsert the image with szs modifier... repack the folder into an arc with u8mii... and reinsert the new arc with wiiscrubber or use riivolution

hope that helps

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Partition [0,1] Data: US/EngUS/Layout/wiiStrap/wiiStrap.arc from my dump. I'm taking Pop's word for it that's the file you're looking for
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

Lorem Ipsum is slechts een proeftekst uit het drukkerij- en zetterijwezen. Lorem Ipsum is de standaard proeftekst in deze bedrijfstak sinds de 16e eeuw, toen een onbekende drukker een zethaak met letters nam en ze door elkaar husselde om een font-catalogus te maken.

Last edited by ,

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll also need WiiScrubber to extract the Stage files from your iso and for the eventual re-insertion after editing, if you're planning on playing it with a USB loader.

Teancum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive the n00bishness, but is it theoretically possible to replace blue and gold toads with Wario and Waluigi, given we have the sprites to do so? I don't have any plans or anything, I just thought some classic remakes might be cool with non-toad characters, or (for instance) a USA SMB2 remake could have Peach and Red Toad.

Thanks!

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing impossible.... but good luck doing it.

Actually let me rephrase for the people around here who might not know the difference: At this point in time, it is not at all possible to replace 3d models. We can barely barely barely edit the 3d models without screwing up the whole game.

There ya go...

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have any updates on the Newer Super Mario Bros game, the dedicated forum is closed.
SMB remake seems stuck in an endless loop of forum polishing rather than working on the game.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
chop said:
Does anyone have any updates on the Newer Super Mario Bros game, the dedicated forum is closed.
SMB remake seems stuck in an endless loop of forum polishing rather than working on the game.
We have a forum on rvlution.net now, but most of our discussion and planning goes on in IRC. Our public channel is #NSMBW on Freenode (http://webchat.freenode.net)

As for updates - none at the moment, really. We've been working hard, but there's a lot of work required to make a full hack of NSMBW - especially considering that we're also doing an entirely new custom worldmap.

That said, expect some pretty cool stuff when we finish
wink.gif

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If only you could see some of the magical things he has done for Newer...

It will take time, but I guarantee it will be worth the wait

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Yeah, we're all working hard to make it as good as possible
biggrin.gif

For a slightly better update about my work on Newer: I've already written several hacks to the game's code for improving several objects. Not saying what, though
wink.gif
I also have
more hacks on my to-do and/or unfinished lists.

My current project is a totally new worldmap system. (no, it's not just a NSMBW rehash) And as with the rest, you'll get to find out what it is once the game is released.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
WiiFan2012 said:
Thanks for the reply! Can't wait for the public release, going to be so awesome to create my own maps.
Have fun with that, it's harder than it seems, even with a new engine...

Also, what makes you think we'll release the hack's source code and our tools?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi