Hacking Reggie! - NSMBWii Level Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am litterly speechless by the amount of morons who say 3 months to develope an app is JUST TO LONG. The game is pretty much still considered Brand New, yet there is an app which will edit the game to the highest degree imaginable released SOON. If "Soon" is not good enough for you people, fly to F**K.

Ganjagrinda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Barbados
Pop006 said:
I am litterly speechless by the amount of morons who say 3 months to develope an app is JUST TO LONG. The game is pretty much still considered Brand New, yet there is an app which will edit the game to the highest degree imaginable released SOON. If "Soon" is not good enough for you people, fly to F**K.
+1

The frequency of people complaining has become obnoxious.
Just wait, check this thread, say something supportive or play something different until we get a d/l link.

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pop006 said:
I agree with that. A tool like this is not a copy/paste-job. Its hard research and a lot of creativity unlike writing some simple routine. 3 months is nothing for a project like that especially if you do it in such a small team. And a public beta would only make sence if you think there might be bugs you can't find yourself. Not if there are still some things on your todolist. This would only cause even more unnecessary talk, questions and requests.

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez: Go complain to religious people, they have been hyping the second coming of Christ for years. Also, you're just an idiot. No-one cares about what you think, and didn't you just say you're working on a project everyone will drool over, isn't that like the most hype ever? And what have you done for the community, I hear you ask other people that so often, but I didn't quite get your response.

yellowperil: Saying it's done when it's done is really common, people don't like to deal with trolls like you and DeadlyFoez, look at bootmii. Have you ever heard of private beta's? And who said a RC has to be public? It's a release _Candidate_, get it? Meaning that version _might_ get released?

To the trolls: lol

mariobros1

Trophies
Website
mariouniverse.co.cc
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
astraldata said:
AJAX_2500 said:
Wow dude I think your a joke.. You ever tried to code something like this? Or even anything for that matter? It's not easy and you have to fix things that don't work properly as you add them.. Not after you have added everything.. Feel lucky someone is taking the time out of their busy day to make something that he gets nothing for, that is except for the chance to use his own creation. You never had respect to begin with..

I second that.

Have a little respect for someone who's busting their rear for YOUR satisfaction without you giving them anything in return aside from a hard time. Hype or no hype, your post adds nothing to help anyone, is pretty much pointless, and is simply a waste of mental processing power that would be better used to SUPPORT the author instead of shooting them down just to make you feel better about yourself. After all, try coding something yourself that is both worthwhile and user friendly, and THEN try saying that.
Well, if you are referring to me with your statement, then obviously you dont know me at all. How about just fixing the bugs that are with a current revision and then releasing it before adding new features. If there are people out there that are making custom levels, and there are, then if it good enough for them to play with then it should be good enough for the general public. Otherwise the author should have kept his mouth shut about this instead of drawing 3 months worth of hype just to make people wait even longer.

The author will still find more features to add no matter what, but how about giving it a rest and stop trying to make it perfect before the wii is obsolete. This has now become a joke.

I supported the "Make it perfect before releasing", but fuck, that was over a month ago. Stop hyping this up if it will never be completed while you are still releasing it to other people.

If it is good enough to release to other people to the point that they can make videos on youtube about the levels that they created then it should be good enough for everyone else.

You know, fuck it. I will try to see if there is something that I can do myself. I'm sick of waiting for vaporware. This is a joke and it will NEVER be completed when the author can;t stop himself from making "New" features. This project is becoming overkill with ridiculousness. Give it a rest already and make a project time table.

You know, windows 7 did not come out first. No there were MANY different versions of windows first with MANY service pack. Stop trying to be a king in the area and let other people enjoy and GIVE FEEDBACK before trying to make it even better.

This has been well over drawn out. I would never advertise an app if I was so far from completion. This is a joke now.

Quite frankly. I am personally working on MANY different things that all of the homebrew community will drool over, but now this is the first word that I have mentioned about it. I did not first mention it 3 months ago when I thought of my ideas and started working on them. No I am keeping my mouth shut until I actually have something close to beta.

This project will not be completed anytime soon so it is best to close this thread because it is pissing so many people off.

+1
This topic has been pissing many a temper off including me,
And I think that you people... [The Beta testers] Should stop showing off on youtube etc,
or IMO some people are gonna really hate you,

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol Yeah lets all be apes and fling some shit
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Here's my opinion........

This thread should be closed and then the devs can open a new one when the god damn app is ready to release.
Maybe they should keep their private beta and all related chat out of public forums such as this one if they don't want people to keep asking for a release date or other stupid questions.
This would stop all the trolling/hating/shit flinging.

That's just my 2 cents although it does make sense to me!!

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are not patient enough to wait, I really feel bad for you, because you have no other choice.

And telling us we can not post updates or show off what we are doing, Just Ludacris.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually i can wait, im not really that bothered because its not gonna work from usb anyway.

I do like a bit of shit flinging tho so ill say this "To all the haters and complainers, FUCK OFF, its ready when its ready is good enough for me and many others and should b for you too. I sometimes find the stupid flame wars that you lot insist on having rather amusing, but still, they are just bollox posts that just bloat the thread. So i say again FUCK OFF and go complain/hate somewhere/something else"

This thread is useless for any decent info on what reggie actually can and cant do now because of all the bollox (yes that includes this post!!) 1200+ posts and only a few of them are actually worth reading.

Close this thread and open a new one when its ready....

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG shut up people. take this elsewhere, lets talk about reggie. I don't know if this has been asked but is it possible to create a puzzle in the level? like in the castle when you have to take the upper route, then the lower then the middle route? I can't quote the level its been a while since I played it.

Is it possible to edit/add that into a level?
If so will Reggie do it?

I obviously don't know much about the levels designs, but I just realized that there are levels like that and hopefully they will be able to be added into different levels. I want to design a puzzling NSMBW and I hope that will be a feature I can utilize.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
This is ridiculous. I go to sleep and wake up and there are 2 new pages of flaming.

Also, Reggie will work with USB loaders - it just won't be officially supported. If there are any issues, we won't help you - but nothing in the editor stops you from putting your custom arc's into an ISO with WiiScrubber.

VashTS said:
I don't know if this has been asked but is it possible to create a puzzle in the level? like in the castle when you have to take the upper route, then the lower then the middle route? I can't quote the level its been a while since I played it.
Sadly no, that stuff is hardcoded into the game - right down to the specific level number and positions where it occurs.

ASM hacking is the only way to change it or to make it appear in another level. I know which part of the code handles the camera (including the 2-Castle puzzle) but there's no way to edit it with Reggie.

yellowperil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Don't take original criticism as flaming.
I made some points in my post, that annoyed me, I hope you don't see that as flaming, having an opinion.
I can see some posts are trolling and flaming, but to put every ones criticism or opinion as a flame is mightily wrong.

I won't lose sleep waiting for your release(waited long enough already), but both the dev's and the people waiting need to take a breather and actually have a little patience with each other.

Timmy5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone should really close this topic

I was all up for making newer super mario bros levels with a few people, but god damn, all you guys do is bitch and wine when things don't go your way, for a group of "hackers" you sure do fucking complain alot, if you are tired of waiting then go out and make your own reggie or super mario level editor or what ever you want to call it.

From talking to Treeki around this shit started, he wants to make a good clean product, with minor to no issues so there won't be 1 billion questions about it when it is done.

Most of you are the same dumbasses that if Reggie is released TODAY, will be posting 1,000 apon 1,000 of repeated questions and getting nowhere with your levels.

For god sakes most of you act like you never been through a delay before.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well Treeki im sorry for derailing the topic abit before but i mean to me as DeadlyFoez said it seems like your turning into George Broussard lol (for those out of the loop he just kept finding things he wanted to add/change in Duke Nukem Forever and thats one of the reasons its been in development for like 12 years) Im gonna be happy if it works with usb loaders correctly. If you switch the files in wiiscrubber the new levels can't be bigger than the original right? Personally im excited for it, but its hard to remain excited for something that seems to be constantly dangled in front of our noses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o