Hacking Reggie! - NSMBWii Level Editor

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
jceggbert5 said:
Would you mind, in the next release, adding NSMBe's resize/copy method also (shift + drag on object to resize, and ctrl + drag on object to duplicate)?Shift+Drag would be difficult to implement - the shift key is already used for multiple selection. Ctrl+Click/Drag to duplicate is already there.

jceggbert5 said:
perhaps a sidebar for sprite properties instead of a popupYou can dock the windows by dragging them onto the side.

QUOTE(jceggbert5 @ Mar 21 2010, 07:33 PM)
customizable sprite images (unless I missed the config file while searching
tongue.gif
)
Why would you need this?

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giruga i already knew that
tongue.gif
i've been working on em, and texture hacking the game before Reggie came out simply out of boredom lol but one guy said it wasn't working and he got it to work with partition builder, and wiipower suggested it.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Treeki said:
Shift+Drag would be difficult to implement - the shift key is already used for multiple selection. Ctrl+Click/Drag to duplicate is already there.Hmm... Must be my messed-up Ctrl key again...

Treeki said:
You can dock the windows by dragging them onto the side.OK, I didn't know because I didn't try (sorry)

QUOTE(Treeki @ Mar 21 2010, 12:44 PM)
Why would you need this?
In case someone wants a picture for a sprite that isn't currently done, and wants to do it himself, etc...

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
jceggbert5 said:
Treeki said:
Why would you need this?
In case someone wants a picture for a sprite that isn't currently done, and wants to do it himself, etc...
I originally was going to add it, but with the time I had - it was easier to just hardcode them into the editor. (The sprites are easily modifiable by editing sprites.py in the source code.)

Also, some of the sprites get really complicated - I'd have had to implement a simple scripting language just to be able to do it. It's doable in Python, but it'd have been extra work and been slower (Python is not the fastest language)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just played a small custom level. This app is awesome, well worth the wait. Thanks very much Treeki. I found it a little weird that I can add stuff to boundaries that I cant see. Like in the start of the first level. Is there anyway to set the limit of the level to be the only editable area? i figured it out, im still getting used to the program.
edit crap i forgot, can we start with a blank level?

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Artix3 said:
Also, what level are you supposed to replace TrainingLevel.arc with to use it ingame? I want to see the sprites ingame.Any should work - although the background may not appear correctly if you place it into 1-1's slot. (I haven't tested it there, and I don't have enough free RAM to run Dolphin right now.)

Artix3 said:
Good help page. You should probably add how to test your levels somewhere on it though.The help page will be updated for the next release, we were in a bit of a rush to release (once Riivolution was finalised) and didn't get around to updating it with the final Riivolution/dumper info.

QUOTE(VashTS @ Mar 21 2010, 08:10 PM)
I just played a small custom level. This app is awesome, well worth the wait. Thanks very much Treeki. I found it a little weird that I can add stuff to boundaries that I cant see. Like in the start of the first level. Is there anyway to set the limit of the level to be the only editable area?
The game blocks parts on the left/right (depending on the overall size of the level) in order to allow for the zooming screen. In multiplayer mode, if the players move further apart enough, the screen will zoom out and this part will be visible.

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
girugamarc said:
we're not allowed to post arc files are we?
Why not? As long as they're fully modified and have none of the original level's design, there should be no issues. I doubt Nintendo can copyright 32 bytes worth of settings or whatever it is that Reggie will retain unmodified.

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
I went over a brief legality assessment on arcs in an older thread, and they checked out to either clear or gray in every area. In the end, it’s the moderators of the site who have to control the content. Post them unless a moderator decides you shouldn’t and asks everyone to stop.

Yeah, the file depot is great, though.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also noticing I don't have certain sprites I need. I can't find star coins, a checkpoint, or a flag and exit house. Where are they at??

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Artix3 said:
Also, what level are you supposed to replace TrainingLevel.arc with to use it ingame? I want to see the sprites ingame.

Make sure you also make use of the tileset text mod that is also included in Reggie. My level requires it in order to run.

QUOTE(VashTS @ Mar 21 2010, 02:13 PM) I am also noticing I don't have certain sprites I need. I can't find star coins, a checkpoint, or a flag and exit house. Where are they at??

Platforms and Hazards -> Level Mechanics

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
VashTS said:
I am also noticing I don't have certain sprites I need. I can't find star coins, a checkpoint, or a flag and exit house. Where are they at??
Same tab as enemies, change the selection box to Platforms and Hazards
Star Coin is under "Coins and Blocks"
The rest under "Level Mechanics"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently