Reggie Fils-Aime claims that Nintendo will have a "big" E3 this year

KmDyD4j.png

In a video interview with Fox News, Nintendo of America's CEO, Reggie Fils-Aime spoke about how Nintendo is innovating the game market, with the Switch, and recently released Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. "I think anyone who says they know where this industry is going is really not knowledgeable about the industry, given that at its heart, it's all about innovation and creativity," said Fils-Aime. At the end of the video, Reggie claims that Nintendo will "have a big E3 this year." and that they will be "showcasing a variety of games, as well as having surprises planned" for the event. Lastly, he says that E3 will be a major opportunity to show what Nintendo has in store for not only the Switch, but for the 3DS as well.

:arrow: Source

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
They have to present Mario (first real 3D Mario since sunshine) and Xenoblade becausse the games announced for 2017. For me personally these two are really "big".
They can also present Splatoon 2 and Arms. Maybe they will release Arms at E3.

I would actually like to see Nintendo announce a virtual console.
I can imagine this is the surprise. they wil say: "This is Virtual Console for the switch and you can download the first games now."

Reactions: PkPizza

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can imagine this is the surprise. they wil say: "This is Virtual Console for the switch and you can download the first games now."
I like virtual console. It makes sense for modern gaming systems to add emulators like this because it's easy money. But I don't like paying for the same games over and over again, especially when the price for said game goes up.

I think using virtual console as "big news" would be a bit of a cop-out. That being said, I do think it would make a good addition to the Switch. For those who don't own a 3DS already, it's a great chance to get classic games truly portable. I'm a Wii U owner - needless to say, I enjoyed off-TV play, but its crippling limitations made it hard to really get much out of. For me, it's making older games portable that has a big impact, rather than just being able to play them on your TV. If I wanted to do that, I would use a PC emulator or hook up the old system assuming I own it and the game I want to play. My video game dream is to have a fully-portable Gamecube... Here's to hoping. (I know it's not like they'd release the full Gamecube library, but they can at least have select games, right? ...And more than Wii U had?)

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Fox Gamer?

*shudder*

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They have to present Mario (first real 3D Mario since sunshine) and Xenoblade becausse the games announced for 2017. For me personally these two are really "big".
They can also present Splatoon 2 and Arms. Maybe they will release Arms at E3.

"first real 3D Mario since sunshine" ?? because the two Galaxy games and 3D land games aren't 3D mario enough ? or what ?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My guess
More about Pokemon Stars
BUT for waitting, remake of Platinum
Probably a teaser for a Zelda 2019
Also, probably an announce for a remake of a zelda for 2018, maybe a 2d game remade as a 3d game
maybe adventure of link or Link's awakening, or maybe even the original plan of Oracle series
Remember that the original plan for Oracle series was a 3 games set : Seed of Power, Seed of Wisdom, Seed of Courage. I really hope we will see something like that :D

Reactions: NeroAngelo

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nintendo's presentation should be live(Not that ''Treehouse'' bullshit or whatever it's called) and show more than 2-3 ''big'' titles. Otherwise, everything will go to shit like it went with the Wii U.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the recent years they've minimised their E3 presence and limited it to Treehouse and their streaming nonsense. I think they saw the error of their ways.
How is it an error? Breath of the Wild and maybe Switch too were successful despite their non-attendance. Those were the main things that needed to sell.
To me, it seems like it was a good decision not to attend, and I don't know why they're reversing.

A good reason would be that they want to connect with developers and publishers, as that is the real reason for E3. It's not supposed to be about connecting with customers.

Reactions: Pluupy and PkPizza

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to know since I love Mario 2D-3D games as much s Zelda but I am concerning about 3rd party supporting so I will wait. I know some 3rd party are supporting right now but I am looking for a huge 3rd party supporting like PS4. Right now, we aren't buy Nintendo Switch until after summer is over for E3 then we will know the answer before we purchase one. I want to be wise money spent. Never had Wii U and glad that we had no regret knowing it was poor. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol