XP
Country
United States
HernanZh said:
It's not *impossible* to do it this way. You could let users
1. Unpack the rom
2. Apply the patch to the unpacked folder
3. Repack the rom
For step 2, a utility like Patch Maker is perfect for creating patches (creates executable patches). The resulting patch is probably a lot smaller, because the difference in files doesn't have so much data shifting. Of course, it's a 3-step process instead of 1, making it more "difficult" for some people.As I said... Ease of Use is far more important than File Size.
Every time we have to help someone takes away our time working on the project.
QUOTE(fgghjjkll @ Jan 5 2009, 05:59 PM) lulz..Ragnaroktrans wont work. xD
i dont even have a dslazy/dsbuff folder xD.
You not having a DSLazy(Ratx)/DSBuff(WB3000) folder is WHY it doesn't work.
They are separate programs that are independent from, and written by different author(s) of RagnarokTrans (by DarthNemesis).
RagnarokTrans 0.4 works AMAZINGLY well for me..
And after DarthNemesis helped me fix my problem (I was using Older files than the timestamp in the .INI file), it's running like a champ.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
well, dsbuff v1 doesnt make a folder....
You should have a DSBuff folder in your C:\
If you're running Vista I suggest you make a DSBuff folder first, then copy the DSBuff files there, or extract DSBuff to a folder on your desktop and move the whole thing to the C:\ and put RagnaTrans in that folder.
Load up DSBuff, click the Open icon and browse to your ROM.
After it loads up, hit UnPack and go watch TV for a bit.
Come back and load up RagnarokTrans, File -> Open All, Batch -> Export Unicode.
Edit your files in your favorite text editor then Batch -> Import Unicode, File -> Save All
Go back to DSBuff (open the ROM again if you've closed it) and choose Pack and watch the rest of your TV show. A Save As box should be awaiting your return.

If for some reason the RePacked ROM does not have the files you changed, delete the RagnarokTrans.INI file in your C:\DSBuff folder and try again. This "problem" most likely occurred because you replaced the files rather than edited them and they have an older time stamp than the original files.

Where'd you get DSBuff v1? I've only seen v0.5

(Thanks Darth
biggrin.gif
)

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Edit your files in your favorite text editor then Batch -> Import Unicode, File -> Save All
Fixed.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
twiztidsinz said:
fgghjjkll said:
well, dsbuff v1 doesnt make a folder....
You should have a DSBuff folder in your C:\
If you're running Vista I suggest you make a DSBuff folder first, then copy the DSBuff files there, or extract DSBuff to a folder on your desktop and move the whole thing to the C:\ and put RagnaTrans in that folder.
Load up DSBuff, click the Open icon and browse to your ROM.
After it loads up, hit UnPack and go watch TV for a bit.
Go back to DSBuff (open the ROM again if you've closed it) and choose Pack and watch the rest of your TV show. A Save As box should be awaiting your return.

If for some reason the RePacked ROM does not have the files you changed, delete the RagnarokTrans.INI file in your C:\DSBuff folder and try again. This "problem" most likely occurred because you replaced the files rather than edited them and they have an older time stamp than the original files.

Where'd you get DSBuff v1? I've only seen v0.5

(Thanks Darth
biggrin.gif
)
its in the gbatemp downloads page.
or ask WB3000 for it.

Posts merged

still wont work....

kedamono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i used the patch, made the story in english but it game freezes after the the part in the intro movie where the 2 people fall off the cliff, is there a newer patch that i just didnt see or something like that?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
me wanna help hunt bugs! me wanna play english ragnarok! me wanna join the ragnarok translation team!No offense, but begging like that isn't going to get you on the team.
Especially when you use deplorable English and cannot capitalize words.
As has been my answer to PM's regarding testers:
QUOTE said:
Well.. I think we have enough 'in house' testers at the moment, however you can report any errors to me through PM or make a post on the forum, though I would only suggest posting about major problems (that lock the game up/crash/etc) and keep the rest to PMs.
still wont work....
I havent used DSBuff v1.0 so I cant give you a good answer other than to look in the options. I noticed it's quite different than v0.5.

QUOTE(kedamono @ Jan 6 2009, 01:31 AM)
so i used the patch, made the story in english but it game freezes after the the part in the intro movie where the 2 people fall off the cliff, is there a newer patch that i just didnt see or something like that?
Known bug.. you can either play in japanese till you can save in town, or wait till tomorrow when I release another patch.
Artlan coded up a nifty little tool for me that cuts down my work time to nothin when fixing problems.
So big thanks go to Artlan for that.

(Artlan: sorry bout that, I was less than half awake when I typed that up)

JERAZiK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
wait till tomorrow when I release another patch.
Does that answer your question? Also, big thanks to the translation team for taking the time to work on this project. You guys are awesome.

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
twiztidsinz said:
QUOTE said:
me wanna help hunt bugs! me wanna play english ragnarok! me wanna join the ragnarok translation team!No offense, but begging like that isn't going to get you on the team.
Especially when you use deplorable English and cannot capitalize words.
As has been my answer to PM's regarding testers:
QUOTE said:
Well.. I think we have enough 'in house' testers at the moment, however you can report any errors to me through PM or make a post on the forum, though I would only suggest posting about major problems (that lock the game up/crash/etc) and keep the rest to PMs.
still wont work....
I havent used DSBuff v1.0 so I cant give you a good answer other than to look in the options. I noticed it's quite different than v0.5.

QUOTE(kedamono @ Jan 6 2009, 01:31 AM)
Known bug.. you can either play in japanese till you can save in town, or wait till tomorrow when I release another patch.
Artlan coded up a nifty little tool for me that cuts down my work time to nothin when fixing problems.
So big thanks go to Artlan for that.

(Artlan: sorry bout that, I was less than half awake when I typed that up)

Weird... My wife played all what is translated with the script i uploaded on 31-12-08 and it worked perfectly... did u use old scripts for that? (i've actually checked all the scripts so is weird u say u needed the software for fixing problems ^^; I guess u mean new problems or something like that)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kira Yamato said:
Weird... My wife played all what is translated with the script i uploaded on 31-12-08 and it worked perfectly... did u use old scripts for that? (i've actually checked all the scripts so is weird u say u needed the software for fixing problems ^^; I guess u mean new problems or something like that)
I'm not sure how it happened, but I think I overwrote some of my updated files with older ones I had lying around.
The tool that Artlan made allows me to check all files for lenght, breaking lines at
and tags so that finding long lines is nearly instant. When I noticed that some of my files were old, I rechecked all my files with Artlan's tool, what had taken me roughly 2 days I finished in an hour or so.

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
twiztidsinz said:
Kira Yamato said:
Weird... My wife played all what is translated with the script i uploaded on 31-12-08 and it worked perfectly... did u use old scripts for that? (i've actually checked all the scripts so is weird u say u needed the software for fixing problems ^^; I guess u mean new problems or something like that)I'm not sure how it happened, but I think I overwrote some of my updated files with older ones I had lying around.
The tool that Artlan made allows me to check all files for lenght, breaking lines at
and tags so that finding long lines is nearly instant. When I noticed that some of my files were old, I rechecked all my files with Artlan's tool, what had taken me roughly 2 days I finished in an hour or so.

well, you could also have told me and i would have uploaded the corrected files as well ^^; because some of the old files had problems not only of length but with 3 br tags, or lacking a tag or something... ^^; but oh well =P

Posts merged

QUOTE(Matthew;> @ Jan 6 2009, 06:11 PM)
After i get my novice to job 10, i changed to merchant and when i left the room the game crashed x_x

Tenías traducido el texto del guild de merchant?

CFShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You guys talk like you're already playing the game =P Well, i've been out for almost a month so i don't know one thing: is the newest patch on the wiki playable on NDS? I have a R4 and i've been seeing people having trouble playing the patched game with R4. Well, thanks a lot for translating this game!

Matthew;>

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Kira Yamato said:
Matthew;> said:
After i get my novice to job 10, i changed to merchant and when i left the room the game crashed x_x

Sep,lo tengo traducido. Luego de eso probe en otras guilds y almenos todas las demas pasaban bien, esto en una DSTT.

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Matthew;> said:
Kira Yamato said:
Matthew;> said:

Sep,lo tengo traducido. Luego de eso probe en otras guilds y almenos todas las demas pasaban bien, esto en una DSTT.

Debe ser por lo mismo, revisé los textos pero twiz dice q uso unos anteriores a la ultima revisión cuando hizo ese parche. Espera al siguiente parche

Rigle

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys, this is the "patcher" based in ndstool:
Code:
@echo off

echo Put the "Ragnarok.nds" rom in this folder.
pause
ndstool -x Ragnarok.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -y9 y9.bin -y7 y7.bin -d data -y overlay -t banner.bin -h header.bin
if errorlevel=1 goto :Error
replace X:\YYY\\ZZZ.msg X:\AAA\data\msg\BBB.msg 
ndstool -c Ragnarok_English.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -y9 y9.bin -y7 y7.bin -d data -y overlay -t banner.bin -h header.bin

echo Patched :D
pause
exit

:Error
echo Put the "Ragnarok.nds" rom in this folder.
pause
exit

In the "replace zone" you must put the thing to replace.
I know that this patcher is a sh*t, but I made it fast :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled