Hacking R4i Sdhc dual core new .. possibly bricked?

Sigiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
so i back in 2013 when i had a local seller for these , i bought this one which worked really good up until it got outshined by the 2013 edition of the same card , and i had to update my 3ds for my pokemon x release date purchase.... i had traded the card for a while to one of my classmates for his Golden Sun DD cart , which is one of the reasons i had the flashcart . he decided it was perfectly fine to put the 2013 kernel files in an attempt to get it to work for me.... which it didnt and when he loaded it , it "possibly" bricked . now i have 2 bricked carts (both the same) now i am seeing their launchers getting released in the 3ds scene . but the card doesnt load for me .
now the question is , should i just throw these away? since now i have no option for getting a flashcart
cause 1. Parents
2.international shipping isnt an option for personal reasons
ps:- i had to get the kernel files via the wayback machine....... because
ccd8224d281647249e99560212d47b54.png

source - r4sdhc.com

Sigiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
R4i-SDHC != R4i SDHC though

i dont understand what you meant by that , but this process should work anyway , if you install the update for your card from one card and then have it be applied on the bricked one , should work.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
i dont understand what you meant by that , but this process should work anyway , if you install the update for your card from one card and then have it be applied on the bricked one , should work.
I am saying that the R4i SDHC is different from the R4i-SDHC. Just clearing dome potential confusion as people often mistake one for the other.

Sigiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I am saying that the R4i SDHC is different from the R4i-SDHC. Just clearing dome potential confusion as people often mistake one for the other.
so use the update for r4i sdhc instead of r4i-sdhc?
shouldnt we be doing that?
we just need to write the card specific bootloader with the card specific update

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
so use the update for r4i sdhc instead of r4i-sdhc?
shouldnt we be doing that?
we just need to write the card specific bootloader with the card specific update
I am merely pointing out the fact, to avoid mistakes by whoever goes and uses the wrong files.

Sigiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I am merely pointing out the fact, to avoid mistakes by whoever goes and uses the wrong files.
ah savvy, you didnt mention that in your first post....

we anyway time to throw the bricked card somewhere in me house or keep it to make a 3dshack out of em bricks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBois awake hide your kids +1