Bricked Flashcard? R

crimsonarrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi everyone, I have a R4 3D Revolution for DS card I have some issues with. I believe there was a failed update with it many years ago and then it now only loads a white screen even when I try new SD cards with various firmwares.

I believe it used to work when it displayed as the software "Meet the Robinsons" on my 3DS and currently it shows as Hiromichi Oniisan no Oyako Taisou Navi. Not sure which update was the last attempted one though do recall there was a failed update and then the cart would just load to a blank white screen without anything else displaying.

xva8voM.png

Is it possible to unbrick the card or fix it? I have a modded N3DS as well.

Thank you.

EDIT: I managed to file the old files for updating the firmware for 1.41 and also 1.44. I successfully managed to update the card to 1.44 and now it displays The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian on 3DS however the game still loads into a blank screen when I try various firmwares. I used Wood 1.31 version.

Last edited by crimsonarrow,

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I have a R4 3D Revolution for DS card I have some issues with. I believe there was a failed update with it many years ago and then it now only loads a white screen even when I try new SD cards with various firmwares.
Your flashcart is blacklisted on newer system firmwares. Its recommended to install custom firmware to re-enable the functionality of these carts.
https://3ds.guide

Maybe try a different microSD card, older carts are known to be picky with SDHC. Go with something like a 2GB microSD then copy the kernel files to the root of the SD card.

Download the latest Wood kernel here: https://flashcard-archive.ds-homebrew.com/r4idsn.com/

crimsonarrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thanks for that reply. I actually tried the card on older hardware (DSLites etc) though it still has the issue. I've also tried different SD cards and eventually managed to successfully upgrade the card to 1.44 version on the firmware too.

I also tried the contemporaneous 1.31 and other newer wood kernels and they both still result in the white screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste