Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it work on 3DS with or without the DSTT launcher?
Will it work on DSi XL 1.4.5E?
Could you link me a website who sells it and ships from EU?
Thanks a lot
Not sure about DSi, but it will need a launcher due to it being primarily made for DS Lite. But if you want to get one for your 3DS solely I would go this one as forwarders work. For website I would use the one I linked, because it's GBATemp sponsors. But yet again before buying remember to look into what you want to get.

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply!

Let's sum up, if I buy the DSTT I will be able to play ANY DS game on my 3DS thanks to the DSTT launcher which I can download from the first page of this thread, right? Could 3DS updates break the DSTT?
Is this basically the best option I have for my purpose? (just play DS/DSi games with 3DS smoothly at a cheap cost)

I've read somewhere people suggesting Supercard DSTWO which I find too much expensive
Another common name is R4i Gold, is it trustworthy?

Apparently the site you linked to me ships globally with free shipping and is trustworthy, awesome! (I live in Italy, hope it doesn't mean trouble)
It will work always (assuming you have cfw) you can't play DSi only games at all on 3DS at moment in time (I don't think DSi as well). DSTWO is only really useful if you want to play GBA. (If you got hax it's unneeded). R4i Gold is good but you need to look into each one as some are unsupported anymore.

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm going for DSTT, since it will always work with this useful launcher, I assume.
I have armloader9hax + luma3ds, how could R4i Gold not be supported anyway?

EDIT: Isn't DS mode basically all is ever needed, I think there hardly are no DSi-exclusive games, with DSTT I'll simply be able to play any DS game I'd like to, right?

One little thing: do you thing a 2GB microSD is enough for DS games? I already have 16GB for 3DS, not really into buying a new one
R4i Gold should work as well

Yes for any DS game

2GB is a bit small, I use a 4GB sd, but a game can be roughly from 64mb-256mb, so it all depends on the games

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last question, does the DSTT come already set up with the latest kernel/firmware released for that card or do I have to download it from another website?
Have a look in the tutorials section and look at forwarders this means you won't even need a kernel it can all be launched from home screen

blakey001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a R4 Upgrade SDHC which do I use? Also I wiped the Micro SD a while ago, I just put the files from the r4 SDHC website onto the micro SD right?

Last edited by blakey001,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Some good news for DS-Xtreme owners. I finally got my DS-Xtreme today.

It appears to work with the stage2 launcher I made for it awhile back. I will put games on it and make sure it works right first but it's looking like DS-Xtreme can be added to the list of revived cards. :D

Video showing it working:

Link to stage2 launcher:

DSX_Launcher_v102.rar

I have not confirmed if it works for carts updated to newer firmware. Mine happened to be on 1.0.2 which matches the version the SRL I used to make the stage2 launcher. I do not have a valid rom dump of 1.1.3 version firmware and probably won't attempt to update my cart until I can. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The DS-Xtreme launcher works pretty well. It boots my 1.1.3 2GB cartridge fine, and can play games and music. It doesn't seem to show any skins or skinapps, however.

Update! Updated the cart to 1.1.3 and finally managed to get a valid rom dump of it. Turned out I just had to use a much older rom dumper. "NDS Backup Tool Wifi) is what I used. For some reason that one does it right. Normally requires a DS/DS Lite, but since I have an external card swapper device I can reinit the slot in NTR mode. :D

Here's the new launcher:

DSX_Launcher_v113.rar

For those stuck on older firmware:

DSX_Updaters.rar

I fixed the updaters to load the files locally instead of using the long dead URLs. I included the 1.1.2 updater as well if for some reason you don't want 1.1.3 on your cart. I included the skin files for 1.0.2 and 1.1.2 as well. (1.1.2's skin files seem compatible with 1.1.3)

I can confirm the missing skin app stuff shows up now and homebrew SRLs show up in the main rom listing page. So now it's not complete ass anymore. :D

EDIT: Downgraded it to 1.1.2 and did another rom dump. So now got a proper launcher for 1.1.2 as well:

DSX_Launcher_v112.rar

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Lerhein

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a r4 card that's gold but doesn't say r4i or gold it says R4 Renovation v2.10T, I tried the r4i gold first didn't work, then I tried all of the rest of the r4s none work. I have moonsheel files on it so I thought that would work but no. It works fine in my original ds.

I have an A9Lh old 3ds, I tried to install through fbi. Is there something more I am supposed to do?

Never heard from anyone on this but I think I might understand why it doesn't work it autobooted in my ds lite I need a card that doesn't autoboot and has an icon is that correct?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Which launcher should I use for:
R4i-SDHC.com 3DS RTS?
Huh.... The R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS does not need a launcher. It works fine without one on any firmware.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Huh.... The R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS does not need a launcher. It works fine without one on any firmware.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
Yeah but I want a proper Icon on the Home Menu with the banner set to the R4i Sticker and the Name of it to the r4i card instead of the damn Touchman Bomberman or whatever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It I made a cheese pizza maybe cut up a couple of grapes for one slice?