Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
can I use these r4i roms without flashcart inserted or can I use nds rom through main sd of 3ds?

No you still need the flashcart for the rom you are going to use.

@Apache Thunder Do I need to use windows to use the twl_firm_patcher?
It is strange that it have a lot of .exe files but use cp in the .cmd files and cp is a unix command

Yes right now it's primarily for Windows. Win10 may have issues using this but it did work fine for me in Windows 7.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you still need the flashcart for the rom you are going to use.

Yes right now it's primarily for Windows. Win10 may have issues using this but it did work fine for me in Windows 7.

Off topic but that's prettty cool that you're in Levelland I'm in Lubbock. :)

So is it still true that my R4 Gold Renevations V 2.10T won't work with any of these including the new method?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm in Decrypt9 and when I try to rom dump the cart it just says Cartridge ID: 52415453 and nothing else happens and I have to reboot the 3ds. I went to Gamecart Dumper Options and tried both Dump Cart (full) and Dump & Decrypt Cart (full) does the same thing.

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Hmm seems you'd have to use NDS Backup Tool (Wifi) to dump it. This is what I used to get a correct dump of my DS-Xtreme. That card also does not dump correctly with Decrypt9/WoodDumper. You'd need a cart swapper device to get card init to work. I have one so I've been able to use it. If you really want to get it to work, I don't suppose you could drive down to Levelland so I can dump it for you. :D

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the offer that's kind of you but it works in my DS Lite it's not that big of a deal if it don't work in my 3DS just thougth it'd be cool to have them work both on one system.

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Should be compatible with most ftp servers. Just make sure the INI file for it has it use the correct IP and login info (and that the folder it wants to use exists). you can't connect to online FTP servers. You have to use one hosted on your PC.

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok for those with some stubbern carts that don't work with CIAs. Try this. Ahezard added the new SD access stuff to hbmenu for NTR mode. If you have dev Luma 6.0 and the dev launcher patch installed this will boot flashcard rom dumps unmodified so they have a higher chance of working. Simply take the rom dump of your cart (use Decrypt9 to dump it) and place in a folder (or on root) of your 3DS SD and use this to launch it.

Cards like Cyclo DS which have integrity checks may work properly now when launched. If this works, I would give this a new name. "Stage3 Launchers".

Since there's a added step to the boot process. :D

CIA attached below. If you get fat init failed message, you don't have patched dev launcher enabled. ahezard updated the bootstub version too. If this confirmed works for the CycloDS at least I can make one that auto boots a cyclods rom from SD. :D
Does it work with gw blue card?

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The first Stage3 launcher. I've decided to call them Stage3 BootStraps since they use the BootStrap branch of hbmenu.

This one is for 1.1.3 version of DS-Xtreme:

DS-Xtreme_Stage3BootStrap_v112.rar

Most skin apps now work. (calculator black screens. Perhaps bug with calculator... )

Unlike Stage2 launchers this one needs an additional file on SD card of your 3DS. You must also have a patched dev launcher. This currently requires Dev build of Luma 6.0 or newer and a patched TwlBg.cxi file at SD://luma/sysmodules location.

Stage3 BootStraps provide the advantage of booting a rom of the cart unmodified. This has the highest chance of success.

I will provide one for Cyclo DS for testing once someone provides a rom dump of that cart. (you can also install the NDS version of HBMenu with the new SD access to run the rom to see if it will work)

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The first Stage3 launcher. This one is for 1.1.3 version of DS-Xtreme:

DS-Xtreme_Stage3Launcher_v112.rar

Most skin apps now work. (calculator black screens. Perhaps bug with calculator... )

Unlike Stage2 launchers this one needs an additional file on SD card of your 3DS. You must also have a patched dev launcher. This currently requires Dev build of Luma 6.0 or newer and a patched TwlBg.cxi file at SD://luma/sysmodules location.

Stage3 launchers provide the advantage of booting a rom of the cart unmodified. This has the highest chance of success. This however will not work for flashcarts that spoof a game as they use a retail game as their internal rom. Retail games can not be booted with hbmenu and this auto launcher version of it due to lack of overlay parsing.

I will provide one for Cyclo DS for testing once someone provides a rom dump of that cart. (you can also install the NDS version of HBMenu with the new SD access to run the rom to see if it will work)
I used latest decrypt9 to dump my cycloDS Evo (not DSi) and i sent it to you via pm. I don't understand anything so far but maybe others can test it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_JNGI1dI-e8&pp=ygUbU3BhY2ViYWxscyBsdWdnYWdlIHBhc3N3b3Jk