• Likes 6

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Is it possible to scrub MP3 from the trilogy disc, and burn it on a regular DVD disc?
Actually, IF they actually are in MP3 format you can brouse the wii disk's file system with WiiXplorer and copy them to the SD card or USB device. (I say "if" because what the MP!, MP2 and MP3 that you see in the game itself actually mean is "Metroid Prime 1", "Metroid Prime 2" and "Metroid Prime 3")

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing modmii, my Wii is having trouble running gamecube games. I have 3 games on 1 disc, which always runs, but now id doesn't. Any idea how to fix this?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
After doing modmii, my Wii is having trouble running gamecube games. I have 3 games on 1 disc, which always runs, but now id doesn't. Any idea how to fix this?
I assume you're talking about 3 games burned onto 1 DVD-R disk run from the disk channel. For those you will either need the WiiGator+WiiPower cMIOS or the Waninkoko cMIOS (From download page 4 in ModMii, options 10 and 5). In my opinion Waninkoko's is more stable but WiiGator's can do GameCube homebrew so take your pick.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you're talking about 3 games burned onto 1 DVD-R disk run from the disk channel. For those you will either need the WiiGator+WiiPower cMIOS or the Waninkoko cMIOS (From download page 4 in ModMii, options 10 and 5). In my opinion Waninkoko's is more stable but WiiGator's can do GameCube homebrew so take your pick.
Thanks, Waninkoko' cMIOS did the trick.

DanielJavierGuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
¿Is there any way to make a direct channel for any game? I play SSBB with my friends every week, and i use CFG loader, but i want a SSBB channel (and i need it with Ocarina).

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english :D

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
¿Is there any way to make a direct channel for any game? I play SSBB with my friends every week, and i use CFG loader, but i want a SSBB channel (and i need it with Ocarina).

Yes sir: http://www.wii-homebrew.com/download/nintendo-wii-downloads/pc-tools/crap/

Reactions: 1 person

DanielJavierGuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

Yes sir: http://www.wii-homeb.../pc-tools/crap/
Thank you very much, and that solve my problem in the USB loader with my new wiimote (with de USB loader, i can use the new models of wiimote, with the channel directly for the game, i don't have that problem any more). Again thanks :)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Yes sir: http://www.wii-homeb.../pc-tools/crap/
Thank you very much, and that solve my problem in the USB loader with my new wiimote (with de USB loader, i can use the new models of wiimote, with the channel directly for the game, i don't have that problem any more). Again thanks :)
There is an answer to that too. :)
http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/

Reactions: 1 person

premishana

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, quick question, I'm about four years late to the the world of USB loaders and I've done a quick search but can't find anything.

I switch between games quite often and every time I want to leave a game the only way I know how is to go through Home > Wii Menu and back into USBLoaderGX. Is there a way to revert quickly to the loader rather than this long winded method each time? Either if a different loader would give me this option or if there is a setting I've missed. Thanks!

fwb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get covers working with the Post Loader emulator page? I have n64 emulators and the cover pack from the sticky, and I've tried every combination of file name and folder location I can think of.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi, quick question, I'm about four years late to the the world of USB loaders and I've done a quick search but can't find anything.

I switch between games quite often and every time I want to leave a game the only way I know how is to go through Home > Wii Menu and back into USBLoaderGX. Is there a way to revert quickly to the loader rather than this long winded method each time? Either if a different loader would give me this option or if there is a setting I've missed. Thanks!
First thing I think you might have to have PriiLoader installed and if I understood right you already have the USBLoaderGX forwarder channel installed. I'm not sure where the option is in GX (I'm more used to WiiFlow) but there should be something like "return to channel" in the options somewhere that you would select to the forwarder channel so that it opens THAT instead of the system menu.

In case GX doesn't actually have that option, you can install a forwarder DOL in PriiLoader directly to tell it to boot straight to GX instead of the system menu. That way exiting a game should do the same. If you really need to go to the system menu for something I think when you tell GX to exit it has the system menu as one of the options to exit to.

sionsays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have the newest version of USB Loader GX. It's recognizing my HDD (fat32), including the storage space, however, it isn't showing any of the games I put on. I use OSX and used Wiijmanager to put the files on. Is it possible they are in the wrong location on the HDD? Do I need USB Loader GX Directly on my USB or is launching from the SD ok?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ok, I have the newest version of USB Loader GX. It's recognizing my HDD (fat32), including the storage space, however, it isn't showing any of the games I put on. I use OSX and used Wiijmanager to put the files on. Is it possible they are in the wrong location on the HDD? Do I need USB Loader GX Directly on my USB or is launching from the SD ok?
Launching from SD is just fine. Just go to custom paths in the settings and make sure it's actually looking at USB for games and not SD ... better yet, there's a setting that's something like "all partitions" (I think it's in hard drive settings or something) that you could turn on and I think it will show everything no matter what drive it's on.

Also, I'd assume Wiijmanager would save it in the right place, but just in case, it should have put them in the /WBFS/ folder (probably each in separate folders inside that folder, actually.)

sionsays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launching from SD is just fine. Just go to custom paths in the settings and make sure it's actually looking at USB for games and not SD ... better yet, there's a setting that's something like "all partitions" (I think it's in hard drive settings or something) that you could turn on and I think it will show everything no matter what drive it's on.

Also, I'd assume Wiijmanager would save it in the right place, but just in case, it should have put them in the /WBFS/ folder (probably each in separate folders inside that folder, actually.)

Yeah I know it's recognizing my HDD, i have all partitions selected. However I don't have the files in /wbfs,, ill try that now and see what happens!

sionsays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now having a game trying to boot but getting a disc error . turns out my dvd drive is bad. is there anyway of getting the usb loader to work with no dvd drive?

sionsays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a new dvd drive and have the power connected but the ribbon that plugs into it from the wii's motherboard wont fit in its proper connector. will it need to be connected or am i still going to to get disc read errors?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i got a new dvd drive and have the power connected but the ribbon that plugs into it from the wii's motherboard wont fit in its proper connector. will it need to be connected or am i still going to to get disc read errors?

The ribbon cable is the data cable and must be connected.

Now a question of my own. Can I have a second USB disk connected to the other USB port solely for DIOS MIOS?

daredevilz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey folks.. I have a problem with my WiiFlow. Before I get into things I would just like to make it aware that I am a 100% Noob at this and a lot of the hacking and emulation installation was done through guides if not trial and error.

However I've installed  WiiFlow (Latest Version) perfectly to the best of my knowledge. Followed each and every step of installation, seems cool to load up on HBC etc. So no problems here.

The FIRST problem I had was the 'ErrGame4' issue. So after digging around the right forums... (Found the solution right here actually!) I managed to find out I needed to install all the IOS files etc which I done with 'PimpMyWii' so I guess theres no Problems here.

Now.. The SECOND problem is that now that I have installed all the correct IOS, When loading WiiFlow, I go into my USB Partition. I can see the games I've put on my USB. But when I select them now to play.. instead of displaying the 'ErrGame4' Error.... It just takes me back to the Wii Menu.

What am I doing wrong or what do I neeeeeed to do!?

Before anyone tries to help which I am thankful for, please go easy with any complicated steps as I have previously pointed out that im a little noobish to this whole thing so if you can please break things down to an understandable level to a begginer it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Zrecer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get inconsistent results with dios mios. Sometimes a gamecube game boots fine and plays fine. But sometimes It black screens or restarts the wii,. Just doesn't make sense to me how it can work fine, and then not boot on the exact same settings. Is this normal with dios mios? My guess is its a HDD compatibility issue. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...