• Start date
  • Views 513,878
  • Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
I am using a 500GB Hard drive called SeaGate. Installation is a bit slow on the Wii, like 50mins.
But, i am wondering why Cover Downloading doesn't work for Ultimate USB Loader. I Hit 1 and... nothing happens.
Also, even tough i installed games with Ultimate Usb can i still use a diffrent loader?

D

Deleted User

Ok so the latest GeckOS codes aren't supported by the Backup Loaders, and unfortunately they are currently closed source so I'm not on the edge of my seat in anticipation of a fix.

But what I do know is that, at least in GeckOS 1.9 I can launch a Channel with the codes. Is it possible to use a forwarder to create a Super Smash Bros. USB Loader Channel?

thatguyjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Backup Loader Gamma, the codes I compile into a .gct via Codemanager 1.2 work absolutely fine in SSB:B, but upon using the same ones in CoverFloader RC 5, the game freezes on the first instance the code would come in effect. Any known reasons why? Tomorrow, I'll be trying a few other USB loaders to test, but does this have to do with the above post? Is there a known solution?

GimmeWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KirbyPink said:
I am using a 500GB Hard drive called SeaGate. Installation is a bit slow on the Wii, like 50mins.
But, i am wondering why Cover Downloading doesn't work for Ultimate USB Loader. I Hit 1 and... nothing happens.
Also, even tough i installed games with Ultimate Usb can i still use a diffrent loader?

Worth to mention: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...patibility_List

I saw some Seagate had issues.

GimmeWii

OMGshoes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was reading a compatibility list for NTSC Wii games, and I noticed that they say "1:1" alot. o.o

What does "1:1" mean? I'm assuming it's some sort of patch? =S

Example: "Game: - YES, NTSC Works. (1:1 Works also)"

Sorry if this question is stupid. >.

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I tried to run Custom IOS Installer (v38 rev 13b) just to see if it says anything about what version IOS my wii needs. To my surprise it says v2.0 in the title, not v38 like in the package even though I downloaded it straight from teknoconsolas.

Also it says in the readme that for network install just select "network install" but there is nothing like that in the menu, just "select IOS version to use during installation, custom IOS will be installed as IOS249".

I have to assume that it booted straight into network installation mode because it didn't find a wad on the SD so what version should I install? I have an untouched 4.0E system and I want to be able to use USB loader GX channel and play backups.

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Now I tried to run WAD Manager 1.4 while I wonder the cIOS version issue. I thought I would install USB Loader GX in the meantime. I boot to WAD manager and expected to see the USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder.wad but instead I see just a IOS version selector, nothing else. Weird.

Tundrasama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good morning,
I really appreciate all the work and enthusiasm that has made all of this possible; This has proven much simpler than modding my PS2. I have encountered a few problems, though, and was wondering if any of you could provide some assistance. I've been browsing the forums here for a few days and seen others who have had similar problems, but mine have still not been resolved after about 3 nights of tinkering and following the provided advice.

I used the bannerbomb method with menu 4.0, downgradeIOS35, IOS249, running the homebrew channel. My main objective was GeeXBox and running my stored media files, but I also wanted to be able to use SD/USB loaders. I initially installed cIOS-rev10 and waninkoko's sd/usb loader 1.5. I'm running backups and media off an external 320 gb Maxtor HDD in a 3.5" IDE enclosure.

I formatted my HDD with 120gb FAT32 (primary)/ 25gb FAT32 (roms) / 175gb NTFS (media) using Partition Magic. Then I used the loader to format the 120gb partition to WBFS and installed a few backups to test. I loaded Guitar Hero: Metallica and after the third song, the audio started skipping, but the song continued. It was near the end of the song, so I completed it, but then it froze and went black.

I read that some people had suggested going back to rev9, so I did so and encountered the same problem. At this point, I thought maybe I had formatted incorrectly, so I reformatted the entire drive, made sure FAT32 drive for wii games was primary partition, reformatted it to WBFS with usb loader and tried again and this time it failed during the first song.

I decided to try another game to see if it was maybe just guitar hero, but experienced the same difficulty with Boom Blox and Trivial Pursuit.

I've been trying to find rev11, as I've heard several individuals state that it's more stable and has corrected problems similar to mine, but have not been able to locate it. I obtained rev13 last night and also reformatted my HDD and used OzzGee's USB Loader CFG this time to format my drive to WBFS and used WBFS manager 3.0 to install Wii music. I loaded the game with OzzGee's loader and Wii music ran fine. I had been concerned that my external drive was having a spindown problem, so I let the game run for about 15 minutes before I started playing and proceeded to play for about 20 minutes with absolutely no problems.

Feeling that rev13 or using a different loader had resolved the problem, I loaded up trivial pursuit and played for about 10 minutes before it crashed in the usual manner (controller vibrates, music stops and players icon starts bobbing up and down as if controller is disconnected, although still on. returning to the Wii menu is an available option, but results in black screen when attempted).

I found the list of compatible HDDs and did not see mine or my enclosure on the list yet, but I wanted to try and narrow down whether or not it was a software issue before purchasing a new HDD or enclosure. I found a recommendation for some utilities to control for spin down which I'll be attempting tonight, but after this I feel I've exhausted my options.

Would rev11 possibly solve my problems? I've tried rev9, 10, and 13 now without resolution, otherwise I'm planning on getting a Toshiba 320 GB (model HDDR320E03X), which has been listed as working fine.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OMGshoes said:
I was reading a compatibility list for NTSC Wii games, and I noticed that they say "1:1" alot. o.o

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cafevincent said:
I tried to run Custom IOS Installer (v38 rev 13b) just to see if it says anything about what version IOS my wii needs. To my surprise it says v2.0 in the title, not v38 like in the package even though I downloaded it straight from teknoconsolas.

Also it says in the readme that for network install just select "network install" but there is nothing like that in the menu, just "select IOS version to use during installation, custom IOS will be installed as IOS249".

I have to assume that it booted straight into network installation mode because it didn't find a wad on the SD so what version should I install? I have an untouched 4.0E system and I want to be able to use USB loader GX channel and play backups.
No its the installer v2, but it installs cIOS38r13b
First you select IOS249, then you see some text and press A
Then you should be able to choose wad install or network install (the latest needs internet connection)

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so far ive installed 15 games, all works fine. God i love the "No loading" times.
happy.gif

I ran it with the USB Loader GX and if i turn on the password the loader crashes when i start a game. But if i don't it works fine.
So yeah, there are some few issues, but nothing major. Just a bother that i gotta restart the Wii after i finish with covers and settings.
Also the Cover problem was that there was no folder called images/imagecovers.
So i solved that.

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
tj_cool said:
cafevincent said:

No its the installer v2, but it installs cIOS38r13b
First you select IOS249, then you see some text and press A
Then you should be able to choose wad install or network install (the latest needs internet connection)

I don't see how I could already have IOS249. These are the ones I've got 3 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 20 21 22 28 30 31 33 34 35 36 37 38 50 51 53 55 60 61 254

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cafevincent said:
I don't see how I could already have IOS249. These are the ones I've got 3 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 20 21 22 28 30 31 33 34 35 36 37 38 50 51 53 55 60 61 254
Install an older rev first (r9 or r10)
If everything works its ok, if not you can still update to r13b and then you'll see IOS249 as an option
wink.gif

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
tj_cool said:
cafevincent said:
If everything works its ok, if not you can still update to r13b and then you'll see IOS249 as an option ;)

OK I loaded cIOS installer rev9 and it doesn't ask the question so I guess I'm good to go. Just a little hesitant. Let me ask you one more thing before I proceed: Why is this guide (for example) so complicated with all sorts of downgrading, patching and updating going on if its not necessary? Is this how you did it for a 4.0E system?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cafevincent said:
tj_cool said:
cafevincent said:
If everything works its ok stay with r9/10, if not you can still update to r13b and then you'll see IOS249 as an option
wink.gif

OK I loaded cIOS installer rev9 and it doesn't ask the question so I guess I'm good to go. Just a little hesitant. Let me ask you one more thing before I proceed: Why is this guide (for example) so complicated with all sorts of downgrading, patching and updating going on if its not necessary? Is this how you did it for a 4.0E system?
Yeah i used that guide, but its not the only way to get 'homebrew enabled' 4.0
smile.gif
.Some steps can be skipped, but the guide isn't updated recently
wink.gif

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
cafevincent said:
tj_cool said:
cafevincent said:
If everything works its ok, if not you can still update to r13b and then you'll see IOS249 as an option
wink.gif

Everything went fine until: "installing custom IOS, please wait... installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cafevincent said:
Everything went fine until: "installing custom IOS, please wait... installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)
Yeah important thing I forgot: you need to run the IOS downgrader (found here: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...downgrader-v10)
If that doesn't work, you need to find a downgrade guide (no worries, there should be no need to downgrade, follow it till you used the ios downgrader)

OMGshoes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
OMGshoes said:

Minho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: I have an internal hard drive, so can I use an enclosure for the USB and use it witht he USB loader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo