Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
junkman99 said:
I can't seem to figure this one out.

I've got both CoverFloader and USB Loader GX installed and running great, except I can't get the box art images to show. I've used the auto downloader in both programs, and the images are downloaded and put into the correct folders on the SD card, but only the disc images show. The box art still shows the default "no image".

Ideas?
don't know for coverfloader, but for GX the size for the covers has to be 160x224. Check the size
you can also manually download covers at http://www.theothezone.com/wii/

veerain11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i tell what ciso i have installed. All i have on my wii is v0.3 gamma loader. So what ever ciso came with that i have. Im running a 3.2U.

Downloaderz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where can I read a definitive readup on loaders/modchips? I am planning to buy a new Wii soon, but I have no idea how I should go about hacking it. Can I just use a backup loader to run downloaded games on the new Wii, or do I have to have a modchip installed too? Or are modchips used only for backup discs? Will any version of the Wii (UK) work with the current backup loaders available? Any suggestions to which I should go for? Do all of them support gamecube games too? What about PAL/NTSC?

veerain11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys so i fixed my problems by upgrading to Cios rev 10. Now the loaders can see my usb. But i tried to boot links crossbow training, and it just stayed at a black screen. I checked the game chart and it said that link crossbow training works.. please help me.

EdsonLa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
veerain11 said:
Hey guys i used the USB launcher GX and the usb launcher 1.5 and both of them couldn't reconize my usb. GX gave me a message saying usb device not found and gave me some ios choices at the bottom. Then when i used the 1.5 launcher it said Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -1). I checked the compatiblity list of usb devices and mine was on there and it was tested and working. Im using a SanDisk Cruzar 2.0 GB USB. Is it a problem with the USB?
What cIOS do you have installed?
Try the other USB port on the wii
Try plugging the usb-device in on different times (Before boot, in wii menu, in HBC,...)

QUOTE(EdsonLa @ Jun 1 2009, 04:47 AM) Apparently no one else has asked this question, i've been searching the greatest caves of GBAtemp and i need this answer anyone please. What firmware do you need to have installed on your wii if you want to run Waninkos backup loader and stuff? If anyone can reply that'd be much appreciated.
smile.gif
Basically any version but 3.2 or higher is recommended

Hey thanks man for that response. thanks for having the patience in answering that question. i guess i didn't find the answer/question anywhere cuz it might be a stupid one, but seriously thanks man! Cheers
smile.gif

DLOGAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there currently (or can someone show me how to make one) a channel WAD for the USB Cover Flow Loader?

Cheers
biggrin.gif

duncepoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible at to run Gamecube isos through a hdd/usb on the wii? I picked up the wrong Dvds(I have DVD-RW) and I'm a little low on cash. Can I use DVD-RW? Is there any way to change it's booking successfully?

Him3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few questions...

I upgraded my Cios to Rev 13. Can I now safely update to 4.0 without a problem?

2) I am still using the original 0.3 Backup Launcher but... loading is damn slow and sometimes discs aren't read. Other launchers fix this? I will get into HDD Loading soon but first need to work around this =P

Lemeshianos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend just got a wii. Probably with update 4.0.
They would like to be able to boot backups so they've asked me to help.
Now I have a chip on my wii and I have installed a gamma loader on a 3.2(didn't need to downgrade it)

My other friend most likely will want to load dvd backups.

I'm a little lost at what should be installed and what not, what method should be followed and what the risks. I've also seen some topics regarding specific models of hard disks and partitions with specific filesystem.
So can I ask for a little update on what's going on?
1)There are a few Gamma loaders with patches. What are those about?
2)Is Gamma loader compatible with update 4.0? Is there a tutorial for the installation on a version 4.0?
3)USB/DVD/SD? what is going on? Which loader do you recomment? And again is there a tutorial for the installation?
4)Bricking: I've read a couple of topic about pre-loader. Does pre-loader just check if the game you are loading has an update for a different region?
5)GeckOS is used to install IOS from game disks so you won't have to update your console?
6)BrickMii: Is it really that important and usefull?
7)Some people comment negative about the banner exploit, that they end up with bricks? How true is this? Is the banner exploit safe?

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
tj_cool said:
cafevincent said:
I have a virgin Wii with latest (v4) update and I want the USB Loader GX channel. I suppose I need to use the bannerbomb exploit. Is it so simple that I just put the bannerbomb and GX loader on the same SD and install?
Use bannerbomb to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) (you can use this). then you need to install cIOS36r9 (found on http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko , see also the problem below if you have it). If you did that you can run the Usbloader with the HBC.

QUOTE(EdgeJ @ May 26 2009, 04:26 PM) Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm completely new to the homebrew thing. Only just installed the channel this afternoon.

I've got the CoverFlow app on my Wii, but it's not working, I think it's because I haven't got cIOS 10 installed.

How do I install that? Whenever I try doing a network installation I get a 2011 error, I've also tried install it banner bomb style, but again with the same error.

Bearing in mind that I'm on 4.0E on my Wii, and homebrew channel 1.4 if that helps.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735
downgrade, install the cIOS and then re-update if you want

I just successfully ran the bannerbomb test. Now you say I should use homebrew channel to launch the USB Loader GX manually? And to get HBC to work I need cIOS? What if the only channel I want to install is the GX Loader? Can I install that loader channel directly with the bannerbomb without cIOS?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cafevincent said:
tj_cool said:
cafevincent said:
I have a virgin Wii with latest (v4) update and I want the USB Loader GX channel. I suppose I need to use the bannerbomb exploit. Is it so simple that I just put the bannerbomb and GX loader on the same SD and install?
Use bannerbomb to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) (you can use this). then you need to install cIOS36r9 (found on http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko , see also the problem below if you have it). If you did that you can run the Usbloader with the HBC.

I just successfully ran the bannerbomb test. Now you say I should use homebrew channel to launch the USB Loader GX manually? And to get HBC to work I need cIOS? What if the only channel I want to install is the GX Loader? Can I install that loader channel directly with the bannerbomb without cIOS?
Maybe I said it the wrong way, sorry
The HBC does not need a cIOS, the USB loader does
And yes you can install the USB loader channel wad, but it wont work without a cIOS

And the NAND is the internal memory of the wii. I don't know what the apps do exactly

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
tj_cool said:
cafevincent said:
tj_cool said:
cafevincent said:

And yes you can install the USB loader channel wad, but it wont work without a cIOS

So correct me if I'm wrong but it seems this is what I need to do:

-put the bannerbomb private folder on a blank SD
-rename the .dol from cIOS installer v38 rev. 13b to boot.dol and put to root of SD
-run bannerbomb, load cIOS installer
-not sure what happens at this point, apparently cIOS installer downloads what is needed from the net and installs
-take the cIOS installer out of the SD
-put in the WAD manager's .dol as boot.dol
-put the USB Loader GX forwarder .wad to SD's root \WAD\ folder
-run bannerbomb, load WAD manager, install GX forwarder
-not sure but I guess I need to delete everything from the SD and put in at least r456.dol or r456.elf somewhere on the card
-fire up USB loader GX forwarder and have fun

I hope I'm not way off here. I assume I don't need to downgrade or do any additional patching or something...so all apps should be self explanatory without any surprises?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cafevincent said:
tj_cool said:

So correct me if I'm wrong but it seems this is what I need to do:

-put the bannerbomb private folder on a blank SD
-rename the .dol from cIOS installer v38 rev. 13b to boot.dol and put to root of SD or cIOS36 rev9
-run bannerbomb, load cIOS installer
-not sure what happens at this point, apparently cIOS installer downloads what is needed from the net and installs yeah if you have internet connection, instructions are in the readme or on gbatemp download section
-take the cIOS installer out of the SD
-put in the WAD manager's .dol as boot.dol
-put the USB Loader GX forwarder .wad to SD's root SD:/WAD/ folder
-run bannerbomb, load WAD manager, install GX forwarder
-not sure but I guess I need to delete everything from the SD and put in at least r456.dol or r456.elf somewhere on the card SD:/usbloader_gx/(boot.dol here)
-fire up USB loader GX forwarder and have fun
I hope I'm not way off here. I assume I don't need to downgrade or do any additional patching or something...so all apps should be self explanatory without any surprises?
that should work (unless of course you have a LU64+ wii (beginning of the serial is LU64 or higher))

GimmeWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How big will the partitions be on a 512 GB-drive with and without a SD-card for the homebrew? I want as much as possible for WBFS. I know I can skip the SD-card, using forwarder or something, but I haven't checked it since too much since I don't have a Wii. This made me want one so bad.

GimmeWii

veerain11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a black screen on my games can someone help me? Im using GX usb loader, im using a 2GB sandisk cruzer. I'm running a 3.2U wii, rev v10, and ciso 249. Can someone tell me what im missing or need please!?

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
My friend who had soft-modded his wii ages ago told me the only risk of anything irreversible happening is when messing with the IOS so I'm still
concerned enough to hold back installation until I'm 100% sure about what I'm doing. The following is what I think I know about the custom IOS,
let me know if I'm on the right tracks here:

-cIOS downloads the latest system update (aka IOS) from Nintendo server, then patches is on the fly and flashes it to the system. Correct?
-Without cIOS there is no way to boot backups with SD loader because no other software can do this and because IOS is needed to play games. Correct?
-As cIOS installer automatically downloads the correct IOS so there is no worries about bricking my wii due to incorrect version being flashed. Correct?
-The version number of the installer is a big deal only because it defines game compatibility, it will not contribute to possibility of bricking. Correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: New Ninja in chat