• Likes 6

denpanosekai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question:

Seagate FreeAgent Go ST905003FGA2E1-RK 500GB 5400 RPM Silver External Hard Drive - Retail

yes / no? for USB Loader. Current best price is 148$ Canadian taxes & shipping included (at newegg.ca)

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
dartdude6 said:
collectedsoul said:
I have a query about usb loaders...I want to repartition my 1tb usb drive so that I can use it for both windows and the wii. If I use partition magic and create a separate partition for my win files will this partition also be formatted if I connect the drive to the wii and run the usb loader? Or does the loader allow me to select what partition I want to use for it and not mess with the rest of the drive?
I would really like to know this too. Can you do that?

C'mon. Anyone? Why does nobody reply on a sticky that is meant just for this. This is what I get for following the rules of the forum! I should just open threads left right and centre from now on.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
collectedsoul said:
dartdude6 said:
collectedsoul said:
I have a query about usb loaders...I want to repartition my 1tb usb drive so that I can use it for both windows and the wii. If I use partition magic and create a separate partition for my win files will this partition also be formatted if I connect the drive to the wii and run the usb loader? Or does the loader allow me to select what partition I want to use for it and not mess with the rest of the drive?

C'mon. Anyone? Why does nobody reply on a sticky that is meant just for this. This is what I get for following the rules of the forum! I should just open threads left right and centre from now on.
It will only format the partition you select, not both (else it wouldn't have any use to create partitions
wink2.gif
)
You can also manage partitions by right clicking 'computer' and selecting 'manage'. Then go to 'disc management'.

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
tj_cool said:
collectedsoul said:
dartdude6 said:
collectedsoul said:

It will only format the partition you select, not both (else it wouldn't have any use to create partitions
wink2.gif
)
You can also manage partitions by right clicking 'computer' and selecting 'manage'. Then go to 'disc management'.

That's awesome if true. I will go check it out if the loader does just that. And I know abt making partitions.

Appreciate the response.
smile.gif

denpanosekai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
denpanosekai said:
yeah, what's your point? The model I listed is NOT in the wiki. Were you really trying to help?
If its not in the wiki, we don't know if it will work
It only has a big chance of working
Be happy you got a response

K.Wall.24

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
okay. i've done a lot of hacking on my wii, but never really knew what i was doing. USB loader works on my wii. at my friend's house, i put the hbc on his wii without touching anything else. What stuff do i gotta install/use on his 3.2U console before i run usb loader so that if i bring my usb hdd and sd card, it wont brick his wii?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
QKid said:
okay. i've done a lot of hacking on my wii, but never really knew what i was doing. USB loader works on my wii. at my friend's house, i put the hbc on his wii without touching anything else. What stuff do i gotta install/use on his 3.2U console before i run usb loader so that if i bring my usb hdd and sd card, it wont brick his wii?
For the usb loader to work you need to install cIOS36r9 or higher, thats all
Optionally, you can install a usb loader channel

thatguyjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of trouble.

My Wii is a hacked 4.0, with HBC updated completely.
My HDD is a Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1 TB (12 confirmations on the Wiki)

I've partitioned a 512 GB volume on the drive, and used WBFS Manager 3.0 to format that partition to WBFS. I've even transferred one of my back-ups to the partition using the manager.

I've tried using USB Loader 1.5 and Beardface's Coverl Flow, with no success.

Using cIOS36r9, I receive a -1 error on USB Loader 1.5 when telling it to connect to the HDD. With Cover Flow, I get a code dump.

Using cIOS36r10, USB Loader 1.5, I get an error that there's no WBFS partition on the drive, when I try to format, it says no partitions are available, error -6, I believe. Cover Flow gives a drive error, with a retry or reset.

Using the new cIOS38r12, with USB Loader, I get an indefinite amount of loading right after choosing to load the drive, and cover flow seems to freeze as well, on the step after it says my drive is initialized (I believe the display is something like "Pulling WBFS List" or something somewhat similar.)

Edit: I managed to get my hands on another HDD to test, just a WD 120 GB passport, and it works flawlessly. Which means the issue must be with the "WD My Book Essential Edition" HDD. I find this odd since, well, it's the drive that's been confirmed the single most number of times on the wiki. Any idea why the USB Loaders can't view its partitions?

What is going wrong here? As far as I can tell, the drive, in a 512 GB partition is completely compatible according to the wiki, and beyond that, I was under the impression cIOS revisions 9, 10, and 12 were all that are needed to use a USB loader. Have I missed a step? Is there an IOS or cIOS I'm missing? Anything else possible?

2nd Edit: Success! I did a heavy-duty FAT32 formatting of the remaining partition. Connecting the HDD once again showed the full 512 GB that existed in the WBFS format was available. I'm a happy camper, though I'm not sure why the second partition even mattered, apparently it needed to be at least formatted, if not formatted in FAT32.

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
quick question with a quick yes/no answer:

Will a "patched" backup of Medal of Honor: HEROES 2 be playable via external HD if ripped using one of the loaders/WBFS PC tool?

I would try it out right now, but I dont have the ISO at this time. THANKS in advance!

S7yMON

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I connect the hard drive to wii with ata to usb or witch case for hard drive ? Will it work witch USB loader ?

K.Wall.24

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Empyr69er said:
quick question with a quick yes/no answer:

Will a "patched" backup of Medal of Honor: HEROES 2 be playable via external HD if ripped using one of the loaders/WBFS PC tool?

I would try it out right now, but I dont have the ISO at this time. THANKS in advance!

yes, the pc programs usually unscrub the iso, and the loaders may do that. it will work no matter what, though.

veerain11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i used the USB launcher GX and the usb launcher 1.5 and both of them couldn't reconize my usb. GX gave me a message saying usb device not found and gave me some ios choices at the bottom. Then when i used the 1.5 launcher it said Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -1). I checked the compatiblity list of usb devices and mine was on there and it was tested and working. Im using a SanDisk Cruzar 2.0 GB USB. Is it a problem with the USB?

EdsonLa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently no one else has asked this question, i've been searching the greatest caves of GBAtemp and i need this answer anyone please. What firmware do you need to have installed on your wii if you want to run Waninkos backup loader and stuff? If anyone can reply that'd be much appreciated.
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
veerain11 said:
Hey guys i used the USB launcher GX and the usb launcher 1.5 and both of them couldn't reconize my usb. GX gave me a message saying usb device not found and gave me some ios choices at the bottom. Then when i used the 1.5 launcher it said Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -1). I checked the compatiblity list of usb devices and mine was on there and it was tested and working. Im using a SanDisk Cruzar 2.0 GB USB. Is it a problem with the USB?
What cIOS do you have installed?
Try the other USB port on the wii
Try plugging the usb-device in on different times (Before boot, in wii menu, in HBC,...)

QUOTE(EdsonLa @ Jun 1 2009, 04:47 AM) Apparently no one else has asked this question, i've been searching the greatest caves of GBAtemp and i need this answer anyone please. What firmware do you need to have installed on your wii if you want to run Waninkos backup loader and stuff? If anyone can reply that'd be much appreciated.
smile.gif
Basically any version but 3.2 or higher is recommended

bodybreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i've installed USB loader v1.1 as well as creating a partition on my harddrive... but i can't seem to find a program to allow me to easily put iso's on the drive once it's been partitioned -- any suggestions?

junkman99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to figure this one out.

I've got both CoverFloader and USB Loader GX installed and running great, except I can't get the box art images to show. I've used the auto downloader in both programs, and the images are downloaded and put into the correct folders on the SD card, but only the disc images show. The box art still shows the default "no image".

Ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.