ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

Enith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A small gripe, but every time you bulk edit to get max levels for your pokemon, it resets those that are level 20 back down to having only 5 candies instead of 10.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A small gripe, but every time you bulk edit to get max levels for your pokemon, it resets those that are level 20 back down to having only 5 candies instead of 10.
That's because I hardcoded the level cap to be 15 (and a 5 lollipops cap) because at the time I wrote the script it was the actual limit.
I'll fix this and have a look at how levels behave now. That among other small stuff I have been working on and actualising the built-in resource files should be more than enough reasons for a new release soon™

Reactions: Smynos

WolfHeroEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because I hardcoded the level cap to be 15 (and a 5 lollipops cap) because at the time I wrote the script it was the actual limit.
I'll fix this and have a look at how levels behave now. That among other small stuff I have been working on and actualising the built-in resource files should be more than enough reasons for a new release soon™

List of Pokemon that can use 10 lollipops:
138: Syther
075: Surskit
057: Kangaskahn
055: Lopunny

There's only four of them atm, you probably already knew them but I wanted to post these regardless.

Trainiax

Certified Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have an error. I updated the resources and everything for the new update, but when I click it PSSE doesn't load. I tried redownloading and everything but it doesn't work.

Smynos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have an error. I updated the resources and everything for the new update, but when I click it PSSE doesn't load. I tried redownloading and everything but it doesn't work.
I have updated the resource files from the games extData 1.3.25 and it works without any problem for me.
PSSE doesn't start when the resource files are not correct.
Maybe something is wrong with your resource files?

The resource files which I have extracted look like:
Code:
2016-10-02  13:53               496 MegaStone.bin
2016-09-29  10:19               592 MissionCard.bin
2016-10-18  10:18             3.648 pokemonAbility.bin
2016-10-18  10:18            40.240 pokemonData.bin
2016-10-02  13:53               720 pokemonLevel.bin
2016-09-13  05:01            45.312 stageData.bin
2016-09-14  07:17             8.912 stageDataEvent.bin
2016-09-13  05:01             4.512 stageDataExtra.bin

Trainiax

Certified Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have updated the resource files from the games extData 1.3.25 and it works without any problem for me.
PSSE doesn't start when the resource files are not correct.
Maybe something is wrong with your resource files?

The resource files which I have extracted look like:
Code:
2016-10-02  13:53               496 MegaStone.bin
2016-09-29  10:19               592 MissionCard.bin
2016-10-18  10:18             3.648 pokemonAbility.bin
2016-10-18  10:18            40.240 pokemonData.bin
2016-10-02  13:53               720 pokemonLevel.bin
2016-09-13  05:01            45.312 stageData.bin
2016-09-14  07:17             8.912 stageDataEvent.bin
2016-09-13  05:01             4.512 stageDataExtra.bin
I realized the the MegaStone.bin from this update was causing the "crash". Works fine now!

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Pokemon Shuffle is a game that exists.

How do I hand this thread over to people who care more about Pokemon Shuffle than I do?

(Looked at your project that updates PSSE for latest, by the way -- awesome work, it looks great).

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So ATM the current release is 1.3.20 compatible. As far as we are aware...the PSMD entry still works after the last update. Went to go into something online and was promptly told I needed to update my system. I'm guessing they are patching more entry points, possibly PSMD among them.

My question for ya is..how long til you release the 1.3.25 compatible editor? Only reason I ask is I'm trying to figure out when I can download the newest version editor to re-edit my save in order to get full use of it before my only entry point is sealed.

Thank you!! Gotta tell ya...both you two who have worked on this have made the game fun to play and not so much a horrible headache. <3 for that!

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait...

According to this site https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits it works. But you need the installer v2.5 to install the version which is 11.1 compatible and this cannot be installed if your 3DS is already at 11.1. You can only install/update it on a 11.0 or lower 3DS.

The installer I have on my PSMD from before doesn't work and needs a new one? Not sure quite what you are saying. Before this last MAJOR system update I could use it as an entry point, move sale data around, etc etc. Do I need to redo the hax data for my PSMD cartridge in order to get it to work now? I still have my modded o3ds XL that has homebrew installed that I used in the first place to set it up, so I just need to know if its one more thing I need to update.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So wait...

The installer I have on my PSMD from before doesn't work and needs a new one? Not sure quite what you are saying. Before this last MAJOR system update I could use it as an entry point, move sale data around, etc etc. Do I need to redo the hax data for my PSMD cartridge in order to get it to work now? I still have my modded o3ds XL that has homebrew installed that I used in the first place to set it up, so I just need to know if its one more thing I need to update.

I'm not in touch with entrypoints that are or aren't working, but what it means is that you need to run the new *hax installer BEFORE updating to 11.1.
As for an ETA... I just need to look at how levels above 15 are stored to correct PSSE's behaviour and make it 1.3.25 compatible, but I've been dealing with quite a lot of personal stuff these days and had little time to sit in front of my computer. As soon as this is done I'll draft a release, it should be a matter of days depending on the time I get for myself.
Hm. Pokemon Shuffle is a game that exists.

How do I hand this thread over to people who care more about Pokemon Shuffle than I do?

(Looked at your project that updates PSSE for latest, by the way -- awesome work, it looks great).
Thanks, my work is far from perfect but I try to keep it up based on what you did at the beginning (I don't think I would have had the courage to work on PSSE from scratch^^).

For now I'm the only one developing it, though I had a lot of help from a bunch of other cool guys, so it would be nice if you could at least edit your first post with a link to my GitHub as a lot of people get confused as to where to get the latest releases.

Reactions: Midgetgirl05

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, my work is far from perfect but I try to keep it up based on what you did at the beginning (I don't think I would have had the courage to work on PSSE from scratch^^).

For now I'm the only one developing it, though I had a lot of help from a bunch of other cool guys, so it would be nice if you could at least edit your first post with a link to my GitHub as a lot of people get confused as to where to get the latest releases.

No problem. OP now links to your repo/releases instead of mine.

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to thank the both of you for all of the amazing work you guys do for these. I wish there was a way I could be more helpful >_<

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Done ! I uploaded a new release that's compatible with the game's version 1.3.25 just before I realised we were Tuesday and v1.3.26 came out :rofl2: Anyway, it only took me like 10 minutes more to update PSSE with the newest game files so now you have it : a release that's compatible with v1.3.26 and lvl 20 pokemons ! I didn't test it much though, so as always tell me if something doesn't work.

For the record, the savefile stores starting at ofset 0xA61B the level of pokemons (on 6 bits, which means it can go up to 63 now). The "old" ofsets" at 0x187 are still in use but as soon as a pokemon hits lvl 15 its level is reported at the corresponding new ofset. The old ofset keep saying it's level 15 but the new one tells the true level. If a Pokemon's level is below 15, the new ofset says it's 0. Also, if a Pokemon had already hit level 15 before the 1.3.25 update, the new ofset will tell 0 too (but if you edit the level with the latest release of PSSE, it will look like all your pokemon hit their lvl 15 cap after the update, which I thougt makes more sense than the opposite). It's no use trying to get lvl 63 Pokemons yet because the game uses a built-in list of BP per level that only goes up to lvl 20 for now, which means higher-level pokemons will have the default BP of level 1.

Link's the same as always : https://github.com/supercarotte/PSSE/releases

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done ! I uploaded a new release that's compatible with the game's version 1.3.25 just before I realised we were Tuesday and v1.3.26 came out :rofl2: Anyway, it only took me like 10 minutes more to update PSSE with the newest game files so now you have it : a release that's compatible with v1.3.26 and lvl 20 pokemons ! I didn't test it much though, so as always tell me if something doesn't work.

For the record, the savefile stores starting at ofset 0xA61B the level of pokemons (on 6 bits, which means it can go up to 63 now). The "old" ofsets" at 0x187 are still in use but as soon as a pokemon hits lvl 15 its level is reported at the corresponding new ofset. The old ofset keep saying it's level 15 but the new one tells the true level. If a Pokemon's level is below 15, the new ofset says it's 0. Also, if a Pokemon had already hit level 15 before the 1.3.25 update, the new ofset will tell 0 too (but if you edit the level with the latest release of PSSE, it will look like all your pokemon hit their lvl 15 cap after the update, which I thougt makes more sense than the opposite). It's no use trying to get lvl 63 Pokemons yet because the game uses a built-in list of BP per level that only goes up to lvl 20 for now, which means higher-level pokemons will have the default BP of level 1.

So wait...

Run that last bit about the offsets by me in lay-men's terms? Reading it made my head ache XD

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My guess is they did it this way so they didn't have to completely rewrite the save possibly causing corruption. Let me see if I understand this: If the Pokémon that is at level 15 and can go higher, the game then checks the new offset to see if it really is any higher than 15.

I guess they only used 1 bit for level calculation so the highest it could go was 15 since you can only have have 0-F and F = 15. Maybe they didn't think they would go any higher so they didn't add an extra bit.

Reactions: Midgetgirl05

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So wait...

Run that last bit about the offsets by me in lay-men's terms? Reading it made my head ache XD
Yeah, I wrote that explanation in a rush sorry.

Levels were stored at the beginning of the savefile. It took 4 bits per pokemon which means they could be between 0000 (0) and 1111 (15).
For safety reasons, their only solution to get higher levels was to write them elsewhere on more bits. They chose to use an empty space at the end of the file and 6 bits per pokemon, making the maximum level 111111 (63).
So now the game stores levels 1-14 on the first chunk (the second one says 0 all that time). When a Pokemon reaches level 15, both chunks say 15. And finally when it gets higher than 15 the first chunk keeps saying 15 while the second one tells the true level.

By editing the savefile manually, one can get a level 63 pokemon. However, the game has a list of BP per level depending on base BP that only goes up to 20 (it's in fact used by PSSE, it's the pokemonLevel.bin file) so when you set a pokemon to a higher level it doesn't find the corresponding BP and sets it to default which is lvl 1 BP. A lvl 63 kangashkan has 50 BP for example.

Fun fact : when a pokemon is level 1 the savefile actually says 0. It goes up to 2 when the pokemon earns a level, which means 1 is never used. So Nintendo could actually have gone up to level 16 with the first chunk if they had stored level - 1 instead. (Yup I know it's not funny^^)

PSOBB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I wrote that explanation in a rush sorry.

Levels were stored at the beginning of the savefile. It took 4 bits per pokemon which means they could be between 0000 (0) and 1111 (15).
For safety reasons, their only solution to get higher levels was to write them elsewhere on more bits. They chose to use an empty space at the end of the file and 6 bits per pokemon, making the maximum level 111111 (63).
So now the game stores levels 1-14 on the first chunk (the second one says 0 all that time). When a Pokemon reaches level 15, both chunks say 15. And finally when it gets higher than 15 the first chunk keeps saying 15 while the second one tells the true level.

By editing the savefile manually, one can get a level 63 pokemon. However, the game has a list of BP per level depending on base BP that only goes up to 20 (it's in fact used by PSSE, it's the pokemonLevel.bin file) so when you set a pokemon to a higher level it doesn't find the corresponding BP and sets it to default which is lvl 1 BP. A lvl 63 kangashkan has 50 BP for example.

Fun fact : when a pokemon is level 1 the savefile actually says 0. It goes up to 2 when the pokemon earns a level, which means 1 is never used. So Nintendo could actually have gone up to level 16 with the first chunk if they had stored level - 1 instead. (Yup I know it's not funny^^)
Hi! I am a newbie here...
Thank you for your work.
I am wondering is there any link that can show me how to install it?
Any lead is much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay