ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does get ditto the power of 100 or just the ability of palkia?

Neither, Ditto's base power is low, I think it's 70 when maxed - it's a placeholder, after all.
The main problem, as I said above, is due to Ditto matching with everything, leading to near-endless combos (and so, insane high scores, such as the Ditto cheaters made in the last days before they were banned).

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, so now I'm pretty sure that ranks data start at offset 0x29E0 for normal stages (and they seem to stop at 0x2A36 for now). Ranks data for extra/event stages seems to be stored a few offsets before that, but I'm focusing on main stages right now.

I just need a few more researchs to learn how this is organized, because this seems totally crazy to atm :blink:

Mex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This is only one time thing?

I have edited once and successful, then I tried to edited the second time on the same file, it has failed, the game can load but the coins and everything is still the same as the last edited, everyone also having the same problem with me?

Thanks

Last edited by Mex,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
so i just downloaded this thing. now what? how do i get a save etc. i just want to use it! what next after downloading the program?

PSSE is a windows program, so keep it on your computer.

https://smealum.github.io/3ds/ --> Follow instructions here to "install" TubeHax. This will allow you to use the homebrew menu. Ninjhax/ironhax are also alternatives if you own either a copy of Cubic Ninja or if you had downloaded Ironfall before it was removed from eshop.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-savedatafiler-ninjhax-pokémon-shuffle-saveedit.393568/ --> You'll need this homebrew on your SD card. Download the archive on first post and extract it at the root of your SD card. It should add a folder inside your "3ds" folder (this "3ds" folder is where you need to put homebrews).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-savedatafiler-ninjhax-pokémon-shuffle-saveedit.393568/ --> This tutorial explains how to use SDM. Launch the homebrew menu, then SDM, then select shuffle using Dleft/Dright. After the glitchy screen, you'll have 3 choices : A to backup save, B to import it or X to quit.

Press A to backup your save (It will go in \Savedata Backup\savedata.bin on your SD card). Open your SD card on your computer and edit your file with PSSE. Put the edited file back at the same place and launch everything again, except this time you'll press B to import your new save. Quit (X) then quit the homebrew launcher (Start > A) then launch your game and TADAA !

Pro-tip 1 : NEVER EVER Launch shuffle between the moment you did your backup and the moment you import it back. You can only import in your game the latest save, so if you launch it it will create a new save and tell you the game is corrupt when trying to import the old one. Always make a backup of your backup before editing it, and if you ever encounter this problem you'll be able to restore it using this link : https://gbatemp.net/threads/antisav...value-updater-ps-acnl-prw-ssb-xy-oras.396644/

Pro-tip 2 : If you do this a lot, you'll have to eject your SD card from your console a lot. Especially if you own a new3DS, I'd suggest you use either Nintendo's "SD card management" (it's in the console's parameters) or the homebrew "FTBRONY" (it's included in the "starter kit" you'll find on hte first link).
You'll be guided by your console for the first one (if windows doesn't see your console, type \\<name you gave to your console> in the adress bar of any windows explorer window).
For FTBRONY, just launch it and you'll see and IP adress and a port on the top of your scrren : type "ftp://<ip adress>:<port number>" in the adress bar of any windows explorer window (to quit the homebrew, press B and close the corresponding window on your computer, you'll be told to press B again to quit. If that doesn't work, open the window again and try accessing folders until it tells you it disconnected).

This is only one time thing?

I have edited once and successful, then I tried to edited the second time on the same file, it has failed, the game can load but the coins and everything is still the same as the last edited, everyone also having the same problem with me?

Thanks
You must have done something wrong, make sure you follow the instructions I just wrote.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/ --> SDM only extracts blank files on my console and fails to import them back correctly too, so if still doesn't work you can try svdt instead. It has more functionnalities than SDM but is a bit more complicated to handle, so you should probably read everything you'll see on screen to understand but it works like a charm =)

Reactions: GamingAori

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSSE is a windows program, so keep it on your computer.

https://smealum.github.io/3ds/ --> Follow instructions here to "install" TubeHax. This will allow you to use the homebrew menu. Ninjhax/ironhax are also alternatives if you own either a copy of Cubic Ninja or if you had downloaded Ironfall before it was removed from eshop.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-savedatafiler-ninjhax-pokémon-shuffle-saveedit.393568/ --> You'll need this homebrew on your SD card. Download the archive on first post and extract it at the root of your SD card. It should add a folder inside your "3ds" folder (this "3ds" folder is where you need to put homebrews).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-savedatafiler-ninjhax-pokémon-shuffle-saveedit.393568/ --> This tutorial explains how to use SDM. Launch the homebrew menu, then SDM, then select shuffle using Dleft/Dright. After the glitchy screen, you'll have 3 choices : A to backup save, B to import it or X to quit.

Press A to backup your save (It will go in \Savedata Backup\savedata.bin on your SD card). Open your SD card on your computer and edit your file with PSSE. Put the edited file back at the same place and launch everything again, except this time you'll press B to import your new save. Quit (X) then quit the homebrew launcher (Start > A) then launch your game and TADAA !

Pro-tip 1 : NEVER EVER Launch shuffle between the moment you did your backup and the moment you import it back. You can only import in your game the latest save, so if you launch it it will create a new save and tell you the game is corrupt when trying to import the old one. Always make a backup of your backup before editing it, and if you ever encounter this problem you'll be able to restore it using this link : https://gbatemp.net/threads/antisav...value-updater-ps-acnl-prw-ssb-xy-oras.396644/

Pro-tip 2 : If you do this a lot, you'll have to eject your SD card from your console a lot. Especially if you own a new3DS, I'd suggest you use either Nintendo's "SD card management" (it's in the console's parameters) or the homebrew "FTBRONY" (it's included in the "starter kit" you'll find on hte first link).
You'll be guided by your console for the first one (if windows doesn't see your console, type \\<name you gave to your console> in the adress bar of any windows explorer window).
For FTBRONY, just launch it and you'll see and IP adress and a port on the top of your scrren : type "ftp://<ip adress>:<port number>" in the adress bar of any windows explorer window (to quit the homebrew, press B and close the corresponding window on your computer, you'll be told to press B again to quit. If that doesn't work, open the window again and try accessing folders until it tells you it disconnected).

You must have done something wrong, make sure you follow the instructions I just wrote.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/ --> SDM only extracts blank files on my console and fails to import them back correctly too, so if still doesn't work you can try svdt instead. It has more functionnalities than SDM but is a bit more complicated to handle, so you should probably read everything you'll see on screen to understand but it works like a charm =)
he mustve forgotten to download the saver, and backed it up, use psse, and reimport it again.

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not either one but I'll try to do it :
As for corruption and co, the update itself shouldn't corrupt your save. What I'm not sure is the effect of entering the related competition and getting the legit stone : either it would turn on the stone's flag which is already on so it would'nt change anything, or you'd get 2 extra diamonds as you already have stone, or it could mess up updating that flag and corrupt your save. Never tested that, so I have no idea =)

Hmm, I remember seeing something related at the end of Sharpedonite competition, IIRC (if I found wherever I saw this, I'll edit my post later).
The person should receive both the stone and a Mega Speedup due to their position, but since he already has the Mega Stone, the message only showed the Speedup prize instead.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work on the mobile version of the game as well? I see tons of people with 99999999 in the charizard leaderboards right now. If it does work, any idea where the save data is located on an android device?

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work on the mobile version of the game as well? I see tons of people with 99999999 in the charizard leaderboards right now. If it does work, any idea where the save data is located on an android device?
this looks for pc version, i dont know how android does it. it seems the cheaters have been coming back with 100-350k points. At this rate psse wont last very long

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
this looks for pc version, i dont know how android does it. it seems the cheaters have been coming back with 100-350k points. At this rate psse wont last very long

giphy.gif

I wouldn't mind if Genius Sonority implement some "hack check" for online competitions - if someone tries to use an unreleased/invalid Pokémon, their score can't be uploaded in the first place.

Last edited by KaleoOmega,

Mex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Those stupid trying to use it on even competition again, sooner or later we can't use this editor anymore, thanks to those idiots.

If want to use it on the event, at least use the pokemon that is available for now, NOT those unavailable one.. but it only takes 1 idiot to ruin it all for us...

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those stupid trying to use it on even competition again, sooner or later we can't use this editor anymore, thanks to those idiots.

If want to use it on the event, at least use the pokemon that is available for now, NOT those unavailable one.. but it only takes 1 idiot to ruin it all for us...
I heard that those people that get caught, just delete the whole game, so they can just start up the cheat again.

Mex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Unfortunately, I just tried that, it is still the same result.

May be I did wrong, svdt did back up the save file and I edited it like normal process, then when I re-opened it, I don't know how import the edited file back, I just pressed Y button, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks, I appreciate your help :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I heard that those people that get caught, just delete the whole game, so they can just start up the cheat again.

Well, this save editor have spread around the world now, I am pretty sure we cannot use it anymore, may be within a month or weeks or perhaps the new update after this event.

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

This seems very plausible; adds another reason why GS needs to implement an online hack check ASAP, something akin to online trades between Pokémon XYORAS - if you try to trade something clearly hacked, the game shows a message saying that isn't possible.

Another possibility... they need to erase this "second" Ditto ability, and maybe nerf all the unreleased Pokémon: instead of 50 base power for all of them, change it to 10, or even 0. This way, they don't will be useful for online competitions, and these stupid noobs will be disencouraged to use them.
Then GS just need to apply the desired base power and ability for these Pokémon whenever they're released officially.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This seems very plausible; adds another reason why GS needs to implement an online hack check ASAP, something akin to online trades between Pokémon XYORAS - if you try to trade something clearly hacked, the game shows a message saying that isn't possible.

Another possibility... they need to erase this "second" Ditto ability, and maybe nerf all the unreleased Pokémon: instead of 50 base power for all of them, change it to 10, or even 0. This way, they don't will be useful for online competitions, and these stupid noobs will be disencouraged to use them.
Then GS just need to apply the desired base power and ability for these Pokémon whenever they're released officially.

Well, Ditto's ability is a super cool idea but it would have been so cheated when it's released anyway... I guess it would be better if they did erase it :/

Unfortunately, I just tried that, it is still the same result.

May be I did wrong, svdt did back up the save file and I edited it like normal process, then when I re-opened it, I don't know how import the edited file back, I just pressed Y button, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks, I appreciate your help :D

After pressing Y, confirm with Select.

Last edited by supercarotte,

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
why these PSSE-abuser with 9999999 score use the tool online, why dont you just unlcok all and leave it there and have an update once in a while, you dont need to play anymore the events cuz u already hacked them... mindless boastful people... do you think its cool to have a 99999999 score on leader boards? not realistic!!! where are your minds located on your feet? make sure if you are using cheat, make it realistic as much as possible with scores not exceeding 80k... idi*T you just sending your 3ds to banhammer... use your mind sometimes abusers...

Reactions: jagerstaffel

Mex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Well, this save editor have spread around the world now, I am pretty sure we cannot use it anymore, may be within a month or weeks or perhaps the new update after this event.
Well, Ditto's ability is a super cool idea but it would have been so cheated when it's released anyway... I guess it would be better if they did erase it :/

After pressing Y, confirm with Select.

Oh yes, I know what I have done wrong now, it is pretty simple once I got it. Thanks a lot for your help. :D

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't even get why score editing was implemented in the first place.

It's not possible to edit scores for competitions. Or rather, you can but it won't be send online because the game only sends new high-scores to the servers, which means that if you edit you high score to 400 000 you'll need to get 400 001 in-game for it to be registered.

What gave such high scores is the use of ditto, which is basically a free complexity -1, but even better =) It was obviously not planned to be released yet, but any way I can't think of a way they'd have had to release it without it being cheated^^

==============
While I didn't figure out how are stored stage ranks yet, I stumbled upon team storage at offsets 0xE0-0xE5 :

Code:
0001 1000 0000... (empty)
    1 1000 //Those 5 bits don't seem to be relevant as they are sometimes set or not between my saves and I couldn't notice any changes.

0011 1000 0000... (bulbasaur = 1)
=> 0011 1000
  001 = 1

0001 1000 0000 0001... (wartortle = 8)
=> 0000 0001 0001 1000 //(endianness)
            1 000 = 8
0011 1000 0000 0001... (blastoise = 9)
=> 0000 0001 0011 1000
           1 001 = 9
0001 1000 0000 0010... (pidgey = 16)
=> 0000 0010 0001 1000
          10 000 = 16
0011 1000 0000 0010... (pidgeotto = 17)
=> 0000 0010 0011 1000
          10 001 = 17
0101 1000 0000 0010... (pidgeot = 18)
=> 0000 0010 0101 1000
          10 010 = 18

1101 1000 0010 1001 0000... (meditite = 334)
=>  0010 1001 1101 1000
      10 1001 110 = 334
1111 1000 0010 1001 0000... (medicham = 335)
=> 0010 1001 1111 1000
      10 1001 111 = 335
0001 1000 0101 1100... (espurr = 736)
=> 0101 1100 0001 1000
    101 1100 000 = 736

0111 1111 0011 1100 0000... (lucario = 483)
=> 0011 1100 0111 1111
        11 1100 011 = 438 /* Lucario's index number is used and not its mega's (826), even though I unlocked it.
changing 438 for 826 results in a blank team, I guess mega forms numbers aren't used here*/
0110 0111 0110 0001 0000... (diancie = 779)
=> 0110 0001 0110 0111
      110 0001 011 = 779
//same thing here, 830 doesn't work either

okay, so apparently first slot data appear to be stored at 0xE0-0xE1 offsets, minus the 5 last bits of 0xE0. I'll begin searching for other slots, but it's likely that they all overlap on some offsets, which probably would make it difficult to implement in PSSE...

(Oh and BTW, replacing all bytes by FFFFF... or trying to put the code for a pokemon you didn't catch yet doesn't work : you just get an empty team instead)
PS: I found index numbers on SciresM's pastebin

Okay so here is how team data is stored inside savedata.bin, at offsets 0xE0-0xE6 :
Code:
If hex is "ab cd ef gh ij kl mn"
=> mn kl ij gh ef cd ab (read offsets backwards because of endianness)
=> mmmm nnnn kkkk llll iiii jjjj gggg hhhh eeee ffff cccc dddd aaaa bbbb (translate to binary)
   mmm -> trash bytes
      m nnnn kkkk lll -> index number of 4th slot
                     l iiii jjjj ggg -> index number of 3rd slot
                                     g hhhh eeee fff -> index number of 2nd slot
                                                   f cccc dddd aaa -> index number of 1st slot
                                                                  a bbbb -> trash bytes
Basically, it's each slot's corresponding index number in reverse order (12 bits each), to which you add 3 trash bytes before and 5 after (at least they aren't useful regarding of team slots), then you turn it to hexa and read offsets backwards because of endianness.

This could mainly be used to add a team preview to PSSE, editing is possible too but pretty useless as you can't add an uncatched pokemon.
The only thing I wanted to check this out for, is so that I'm able to get custom teams for the first 5 tutorial levels, in order to get low ranks so that I can then improve them and see how savedata.bin behaves =)

Last edited by supercarotte,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/z9E_uv5IT-o?si=0qMdVEnRK8mmclzS