Hardware PSP going down?

transce080

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's just a couple games coming out, this is just what's slated before the end of this year:
Gun Showdown, Medal of Honor Heroes, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Need for Speed Carbon, Killzone: Liberation, SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2, Tony Hawk's Project 8, Test Drive Unlimited, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Star Wars: Lethal Alliance, Call of Duty 3, and Metal Slug Anthology. (And this is just the ones I'm looking forward to). That doesn't sound like dead system to me. PSP is going to be around for awhile.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Here's just a couple games coming out, this is just what's slated before the end of this year:
Gun Showdown, Medal of Honor Heroes, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Need for Speed Carbon, Killzone: Liberation, SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2, Tony Hawk's Project 8, Test Drive Unlimited, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Star Wars: Lethal Alliance, Call of Duty 3, and Metal Slug Anthology. (And this is just the ones I'm looking forward to). That doesn't sound like dead system to me. PSP is going to be around for awhile.

Tony Hawk's Project 8 is coming to psp? cool, I didn't know that. Are there any screens of vids available yet? I've been searching around but haven't stumbled upon any yet.

waiwai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm still waiting for some good solid adventures or RPG's for the PSP.
The DS is way ahead on those kind of games..

blueraja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like way too many people are letting their love for nintendo cloud their judgement. Before you say im just a sony fanboy, I had my DS first (and still love it), I dont own a PS2, just a gamecube and a ton of games for it. But lets be honest...if you dont think the PSP is a formidable opponent your out of your gourd.
smile.gif

Lets look at Octobers games for both platforms...here is the DS list through next week...

Fifa 07
Bubble Bobble Revolution
Rainbox Islands Revolution
Alex Rider: Stormbreaker
Disney's The Little Mermaid
Uno 52
Princess Natasha
Clubhouse Games
Crash Boom Bang!
Hannah Montana
Disney's American Dragon Jake Long
Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses
Contact
Nintendogs Dalmation and Friends
Justice League Heroes
The Legend of Spyro: A New Begining
SpongeBob Squarepants: Creature from Crusty Krab
Garfield: Tale of Two Kitties
Scooby Doo! WHos's Watching Who?
Magical Starsign
Star Trek: Tactical Assault
Touch Detective
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Scurge: Hive
Nacho Libre
Strawberry Shortcake: Strawberryland Games
Flushed Away
Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island
Over The Hedge: Hammy Goes Nuts
Children of Mana
Pokemon Ranger
Need for speed Carbon: Own the City
The Sims 2: Pets
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tom and Jerry Tales
Konductra
Thats So Raven
Kim Possible 5

Now here is Sony's

Mercury Meltdown
Gangs of London
Scarface: Money Power Respect
Gun Showdown
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Medal of Honor Heroes
Family Guy
Fifa 07
WTF
Scooby Doo!Who's Watching Who?
Ford Bold Moves Street Racing
Cabela's African Safari
Ace Combat X
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Vol2
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
Star Trek: Tactical Assault
Snoopy vs the Red Baron
Dave Mirra BMX Challenge
ATV offroad Fury Pro
Dungeon Seige Throne of Agony
Grand Theft Auto: vice City Stories
Killzone: Liberation
Death Jr. 2
Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City
Power Stone Collection
Lumines 2
BattleZone
Every Extend Extra
Rush
Mind Quiz
Word Championship Cards

I think that pretty much explains itself. Dont get me wrong I love my DS and wouldnt sell it for anything...and I cant wait for FF next month...but the PSP has finally hit its stride and doesnt really look to be slowing down. To be quite honest I see alot more on the PSP release list that I actually want to play.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think that pretty much explains itself. Dont get me wrong I love my DS and wouldnt sell it for anything...and I cant wait for FF next month...but the PSP has finally hit its stride and doesnt really look to be slowing down. To be quite honest I see alot more on the PSP release list that I actually want to play.

If your using devhook or the custom 2.71 firmware loader to play the PSP games I can see FF and a few of the new ones Smackdown vs Raw 2007 being firmware 2.8. Lets hope it can be decoded.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every game that has come out has worked except one, the African Safari Cabelas game, that is the only one that truly requires 2.81. Everything else so far runs fine on devhook. We're hitting the end of an era soon for sure, so an update to devhook is probably on the horizon.

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I own both a PSP & a DS. I got the PSP a year before the DS. I still play both systems. Although DS does have a lot better library then the PSP. There are games out there that are just amazing for the PSP. Now the question really is for most people are the few MUST HAVE GAMES worth buying a PSP at 200 dollars. For most people I assume the answer is no. But I don't agree. The few must have games are just amazing to me. True loading times suck.

Developers just aren't making the profit on game sales because of Piracy. Yes I'm sure Sony is making money because people are buying the system for the free games. As a fan of the system I do believe the system is starting to die. Not dead yet, but slowly withering away.

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sales of psp games this holiday season will be a major factor in the psp's future. Lot's of title's coming out but if they get disappointing sales I'm guessing the developers won't be keen on making more for next year and will focus efforts on the DS or the next gen consoles instead. Personally I'd love a PSP too since it's a great piece of hardware but I can't justify the price. I got my DS used on ebay for around $80, there's no way I'm shelling out $200+ for a psp, especially since Sony doesn't have the greatest track record for hardware durability recently. All my nintendo hardware from my original GB, GBC and GBA's and NES, N64 and Cube still work fine whereas my Sony walkmans, portable CD players, ps1's, etc have all bit the dust. My PS2 is still working but it is less than a year old, the guy at the store that I bought it from said he was on his 3rd
frown.gif

PURPLEMUSTANG

Trophies
XP
Country
My take on his sbject:
Sony sales will pick up with the GREAT games coming out for it(Gun,FF,Silent hil,Metal gear) but not by a great deal.

While the Ds will lead by a huge margin as it ALREADY has great games(Last week was a blast,I still can't decide on what to play ) and has a huge advantage over sony :The games are downloadable.I can't imagine myself downloading a 500 megabyte game! while an excellent title like children of mana is only 512 Mbit! Giving it a huge advantage on the "homebrew" scene.

xtoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't see why some of the people seen wipeout or Lumines as a top game, imean lumines is a game like meteor on ds , wipeout is a shitgame compared to mario kart.

My oppinion , keep psp as emu handle and movies....

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FF 3 >>>>> FFpsp
??? >>>>>>????
etc...
(Can't remember any new games for either system besides those right now)
Point is, every psp game coming out has an equally good, if not better, ds game coming out, so really, the only thing to save the psp is sony fanboys/ff/mgs fanboys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night