rolleyes.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The psp just costs too much money, UMD is slow the games are just watered down versions of the ps2. I have the psp and don't regret buying it, its great for movies and some of the games are good just as long as you don't play some of them from UMD. Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 on the psp was the best wrestling game I've ever played on a portable system. What ruined the game for me is it loading too slowly because of UMD.

The UMD movies were first to go, also the psp game releases seem few and far between these days.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'm enjoying Tekken Dark Resurrection quite a lot at the moment. Best portable fighting game ever.

GTA Vice City Stories also looks incredible, I'm certainly looking forward to that, I just hope a new version of devhook comes out to support 2.81.

The PSP does seem to have wanning support, the great games for the system are few and far between. However it DOES have some great games, which makes the system worth having
smile.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
My best friend has a PSP and it's really nice. He mainly got it for the homebrew/emulator/ripped media abitlities and he doesn't regret the purchase. I think once the PS1 emulation comes around, more people (like me) will adopt it, that is if Sony handles it right. If they have reasonable pricing model for the playstation games, and a reasonable distribution method, I think it'll grow their fanbase. I guess what I'm saying is, if I can rip my current (legitimate) PS1 library into it, I'll damn sure buy one. Anybody know how they're gonna handle that yet?

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my thoughts, nutshell format:
--there ARE good psp games
--it aint gonna be an "emulator," games will be ported (no way in heck you will be playing isos)
--why didn't those bastards just put on 2 analogs ? ? ? ? Absolutely no excuse for 1 god damn analog.
--R.I.P. A fine system, but it aint no ds.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My best friend has a PSP and it's really nice. He mainly got it for the homebrew/emulator/ripped media abitlities and he doesn't regret the purchase. I think once the PS1 emulation comes around, more people (like me) will adopt it, that is if Sony handles it right. If they have reasonable pricing model for the playstation games, and a reasonable distribution method, I think it'll grow their fanbase. I guess what I'm saying is, if I can rip my current (legitimate) PS1 library into it, I'll damn sure buy one. Anybody know how they're gonna handle that yet?

As far as I know the emulator is going to be built into firmware 3.0. I can see sony charging for the games and the games being protected in some way. I bet someone manages to rip the emulator from the firmware and we can all be playing ps1 games for free in .ISO format. I have loads of orignal ps1 games and don't fancy paying for them again.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I truly regret buying a PSP when it first came out. I have version 1.5 of the PSP and I have been playing downloaded games and homebrew since they first came out.

My impressions on this is that there are no good games available (as I don't like GTA) on the PSP and obviously the movies function is fuxed. I am trying to unload my PSP to other people but no one else is buying it. Everyone is saving up for the Wii. In my opinion, the PSP has failed because for every game I've played on the PSP, I've played 10 Nintendo DS games.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually I truly regret buying a PSP when it first came out. I have version 1.5 of the PSP and I have been playing downloaded games and homebrew since they first came out.

My impressions on this is that there are no good games available (as I don't like GTA) on the PSP and obviously the movies function is fuxed. I am trying to unload my PSP to other people but no one else is buying it. Everyone is saving up for the Wii. In my opinion, the PSP has failed because for every game I've played on the PSP, I've played 10 Nintendo DS games.

I've had no problems playing movies on the PSP using PSP video 9. It converts the video for you and also can put it on your memory card. Its probably been updated or something better has come along since. I found though with PSP video 9 it only liked converting .mpg files.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't regret getting a PSP as mine is 1.5 cause it has some good emulators but it just doesn't have enough good games. The DS is better in my opinion and came out on top. And $ony just fscked themselves again with holding the PS3 back until March in Europe and the Wii comes out in November and December in time for X-Mas. $ony have made too many mistakes to recover from now.

Prince Medion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That comment is stupid since the rest of those games will likely suck or just be adverage, there has yet to be one GREAT PSP game which is sad. I'm glad I never got one.

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To start out with I have both systems. The DS phat and the PSP 1.5 FW. First my two cents: Nintendo is the biggest A-hole on the planet (aside from Apple, but then I digress since Apple took lessons from Nintendo anyways) when it comes to bringing out a new system every 6 - 9 months when it is really just the same friggin' system with just some different enhancement.

Anyways, I feel that Nintendo has all but ruined the DS. The so-called king is walking around with no clothes on and I seem to be the only one saying so. They have had a plethora of ARM developers around that have experience making games for the touch screen. Pocket-PC anyone? The only company that I know of that WAS making a game for the DS was pocketpcstudios.com and now it looks as if they are gone. Nintendos first line of offense should have been to aggresively hired these developers. Someone, I believe in another thread on this site stated that it was experience anyways (referring to emulators for the systems). That is what Nintendo would have had. They blew it there.

Sony has proved that they were able to reach the 1 year milestone and have surpassed it (now in all three major markets). Even if it looks like a failure in Japan (compare the 360 sales to PSP, and M$ claims that they are doing just great in Japan), it's definetely not in U.S. or Europe. But, Sony has absolute crap for brains by not being developer friendly and being so damn staunch against emulation. I would be willing to wager that if they would release the PS emulator and allow those to be able to rip the games they own and play them without paying and still offer games for sale for those that are still legitimate purchasers (I would buy FF tactics since I never owned it), they would sell a helluva lot of systems. Especially in Japan. But, tit-for-tat XBOX and Wii are in the same camp their.

So, in the end if Sony can pull their heads out of their rears and listen to developers FIRST and players SECOND (I mean truly if the games can't get developed then we have no input at all) then they can make it.

Oh and BTW Daxter is the best graphically and just plain fun out of the two systems.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Best thing about PSP is ISOs and homebrew....that's what Sony doesn't want.

Worst thing about PSP is to buy crappy games and movies...that's what Sony wants.

How could you say that isn't a failure?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over