Connecting DS3 controller to PSP go using Motion Joy on PC

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to connect my dual shot. Three controller to my PSP go.

I get through all the steps towards the end inside the motion, joy application on my computer

When I click on the Bluetooth setting in motion joy (on the app on my pc) it sees the PSP go and the controller no problem

Then I press on pair now the PSP go goes to stage 3, then disconnect the Ds3 controller from my computer and the press on PS button. And it never finishes pairing to psp go, and the 4 lighrs on the controller just flash off and on constantly.

Any idea?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What OS are you using, and where did you get MotionInJoy from?

MotionInJoy is a very scary program and I really wish there was some alternative available for pairing with the PSP Go. I think there's a "legacy" pair tool in SCP Toolkit, but I never figured out if it is useful.

Your best option would be to just find someone with a PS3.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What OS are you using, and where did you get MotionInJoy from?

MotionInJoy is a very scary program and I really wish there was some alternative available for pairing with the PSP Go. I think there's a "legacy" pair tool in SCP Toolkit, but I never figured out if it is useful.

Your best option would be to just find someone with a PS3.
windows 10 pro

I got motionjoy from github

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a long time since I used motioninJoy, but I believe it requires an unsigned driver since you're on Windows 10 you will have to reboot your PC and disable driver signature reinforcement then install the driver.

1. Click “Home”,enter “All settings”.
  2. Access “Update & Security”.
  3. Find “Recovery”. ...
  4. After restarting, choose “Troubleshoot”.
  5. Choose “Advanced options”.
  6. Choose "Start-up Settings".
  7. Click “Restart”.
  8. Enter "F7" to disable driver signature.
The problem is if I remember right, every time you reboot it will re-enable driver enforcement and you have to do it again. I think there was a workaround to permanently disable it but I can't remember how.

Another thing to consider

Not only is MotioninJoy considered borderline malware (for its pop-ups) but it also causes many computers to blue screen non-stop. Once the driver is installed you should use BetterDS3 instead.

Post automatically merged:

Here is supposedly another one, from a post I stole off reddit.

Here is another way.

If you take the back of the case off your pspgo you can read the bluetooth mac address. It is printed on a little metal square beside the battery. If Better DS3 does not work try Sixaxis Pair Tool.

Plug your DS3 into your pc via usb. Open Better DS3. Your dualshock should appear in the left window under "connected controllers". There is a box labeled " Bluetooth pairing". In this box there is a window labeled "Current master", this is the address that was used to connect to the last device it connected to. Underneath you will see a window labeled "New master". This is where you need to enter the numbers and letters that were on the metal square inside your PSP GO. If you enter the numbers and click "SET" then your DS3 will be paired to your PSP GO. That only leaves you to turn on bluetooth in your PSP GO settings. When you press the "Home" button on the DS3 it will connect from then on. Once you have done this you can forget about Better DS3 and all of this stuff because the controller will always be paired with your PSP GO

Remember that the "mac address" that is found on the metal square inside the PSP GO is reversed and needs to be read from the bottom right. The last digits of the "mac address" are always 33:24:0

Last edited by Jayinem,
Reactions: Kwyjor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto