sys-con is not working. trying to use ps4 controller wired with my switch (has no battery)

L33t_Switch_User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when the switch is docked the controller is completely dead, doesn’t even glow yellow. It’s just like it cut off power to the usb port. I tried both ports, it’s a known working cable. Been using mission control for a while but now I want to use the playstation 4 controller wired because when it breaks connectivity it doesn’t die then need to be turned on again and connected to the switch’s bluetooth. I am running firmware 16.0.3. Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

and now i have a new problem: switch does not remember ps4 controller when using mission control. updated to latest version. even uninstalled manually, restarted, then reinstalled and restarted. when i go to settings > change grip order, i can pair the controller and it works fine, until connection breaks with usb and controller power is cut off for a split second, then controller glows yellow and when i press the home button it does not connect to the switch. i might have to make a seperate thread about the missioncontrol issue, but i don't really want to.. :-(

Last edited by L33t_Switch_User,

L33t_Switch_User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I used a spare SD card that had an old setup on it, and missioncontrol + sys-con both do not work. I hope the controller wasn't damaged by using it wirelessly, while connected to Wall charger to keep it charged (without battery inside). Will receive replacement battery tomorrow hopefully, and I seriously hope it will work fine once the battery is installed. Will update this thread encase it helps out others with same issue, and if I have further questions that I cannot figure out.

komabear

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Ok I used a spare SD card that had an old setup on it, and missioncontrol + sys-con both do not work. I hope the controller wasn't damaged by using it wirelessly, while connected to Wall charger to keep it charged (without battery inside). Will receive replacement battery tomorrow hopefully, and I seriously hope it will work fine once the battery is installed. Will update this thread encase it helps out others with same issue, and if I have further questions that I cannot figure out.
A controller can't be damaged by using it wireless (what??), but it can indeed fry your battery by using it on a wall charger:

L33t_Switch_User

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will
A controller can't be damaged by using it wireless (what??), but it can indeed fry your battery by using it on a wall charger:

I will make sure to use the correct charger in the future, thank you for the link!

And I was worried the controller could get damaged if it was plugged into charger while not containing a battery (the controller would pair fine after power was cut previously) but now it is unable to pair to the switch, the home button makes the light bar blink white, then goes back to pulsing yellow (only way to make it work again temporarily is to go into settings > controllers > change grip) then it stops working and needs to be added again from settings after cable disconnects.. when I first started using without the battery, it would connect to switch after cable disconnect by just pressing the home button on the PS4 controller, and there was no need to go back into settings. Does it sound like permanent damage?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto