Hardware PsP 100X Freezing and shutting down

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same issue on PSP-1000, OFW or CFW. Even in the middle of running a Magic Memory Stick software (e.g., Despertar Del Cementario) it is susceptible to the freeze/crash/shutdown (making it difficult to unbrick--I have to put in the Pandora battery ~10 times until I get through the entire unbricking process without a crash). I fixed keys with Key Cleaner and reset ID Storage. Also fixed MAC address. Formatted FLASH partitions multiple times. Found there were 5 bad blocks and used some NAND Storage tool to try to format around them or something. None worked. It has to be hardware related in my opinion. If any PSP hardware genius out there has an idea where to look to resolve, it might be helpful to post

Last edited by wad11656,

Flaire

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same issue on PSP-1000, OFW or CFW. Even in the middle of running a Magic Memory Stick software (e.g., Despertar Del Cementario) it is susceptible to the freeze/crash/shutdown (making it difficult to unbrick--I have to put in the Pandora battery ~10 times until I get through the entire unbricking process without a crash). I fixed keys with Key Cleaner and reset ID Storage. Also fixed MAC address. Formatted FLASH partitions multiple times. Found there were 5 bad blocks and used some NAND Storage tool to try to format around them or something. None worked. It has to be hardware related in my opinion. If any PSP hardware genius out there has an idea where to look to resolve, it might be helpful to post
I used to have a similar issue with my PSP and noticed I could get it to boot if I opened the UMD drive and turned the Internet switch on the side off, and then I had to flash a copy of OFW 6.61 to fix the issue.

SacredMilkOG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very late buttt-- sounds like corrupted flash to me. I have a 2K that has bad blocks on the flash- I formatted it a few times and eventually got it to a playable state. There's still a weird bug in it where I have to enable-disable-enable the usb connection in order to get it to actually connect to my PC. It works though-

I guess if anyone has this issue again give a few flash formats a try. The functions are in most of the Pandora menus out here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...