Hardware PsP 100X Freezing and shutting down

GenuineGrimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, Im having an issue with my psp. Its a bit weird. Ive had it for years and it wouldn't even boot. Got a bit curious while replacing a screen for a friends psp and tried messing with this one again. Some times it wont turn on. Sometimes the light switched for about two seconds before turning off. Sometimes the light will stay on but the screen wont turn on and it would sit there stuck for a while. Sometimes it stays on for about 5 mins before freezing and shutting down. But usually it comes on you navigate a bit before it freezes and shuts down. When I got it to turn on I found it was on 4.05 or something similar. I updated it to 6.6 and then to cfw. I thought (when it wasnt turning on) that it might be soft bricked but that is obviously not the case. Also I would open it and see if I could find any problem but the screws in the battery compartment are the wrong ones and stripped so I'm not sure how to even get it open at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

GenuineGrimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a pandora battery to hand?

Does it happen with the memory stick removed?
Yes still happens with no memory stick. And I dont have a Pandora battery on hand, its been years =x

Can pandoras battery be converted back, if I remember it was just removing a solder point.

Last edited by GenuineGrimm,

Dr. Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
Maybe you have some plugins that start on boot that mess with the psp. I had that issue that you mentioned as well and
I was able to fix it by disabling the plugin. Hold R on boot and go to recovery menu and disable all plugins and reboot and
see if that fixes the problem.

GenuineGrimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you have some plugins that start on boot that mess with the psp. I had that issue that you mentioned as well and
I was able to fix it by disabling the plugin. Hold R on boot and go to recovery menu and disable all plugins and reboot and
see if that fixes the problem.
I don't think that could be the issue as it was happening before cfw was installed.

GenuineGrimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried running a game and it of course froze now its back to not powering on only getting the power light for a couple seconds.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes still happens with no memory stick. And I dont have a Pandora battery on hand, its been years =x

Can pandoras battery be converted back, if I remember it was just removing a solder point.

Theres two methods to make a pandora battery, one involves the solder joint while the other can be done in software but would require another hacked system.

GenuineGrimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres two methods to make a pandora battery, one involves the solder joint while the other can be done in software but would require another hacked system.
I have another hacked system, can I change the battery back as its my only one for 1000 series psp and its not like I can just go to gamestop and pick one up today.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Have any links for what I'm looking for?

Sadly no, the original source is dead but I believe the tool was UPMS (Ultimate Pandora Memory Stick(?)).

Obviously check before running it as it's been a long time since I last used it and may be incompatible with newer firmware.

GenuineGrimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly no, the original source is dead but I believe the tool was UPMS (Ultimate Pandora Memory Stick(?)).

Obviously check before running it as it's been a long time since I last used it and may be incompatible with newer firmware.
I actually found something just like what you are talking about. So now I have a pandora battery. but eveen under the conditions od the pandoras battery the console still freezes. Im not sure what to do.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually found something just like what you are talking about. So now I have a pandora battery. but eveen under the conditions od the pandoras battery the console still freezes. Im not sure what to do.

At this point, I think the console is basically dead, especially as it sounds like youd have to drill out the screws to open it and theres no other fix I can think of other than maybe try a different power supply.

Might be worth keeping around for spares.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What do you mean exactly with "even under the conditions of"? (The bootloader you run off the magic memory stick might just forward back to the nand, this is the default on most timemachine/despertar del cementerio setups, including Rain's MMS maker, unless you hold L)

Crashing halfway through the boot animation generally means corrupted firmware, but you said it happens at varying times and that it persisted after running an official update...
Maybe you could try low level formatting and regenerating the idstorage (both can be done with the "nand operations" feature of DDC), but frankly I doubt they're related

GenuineGrimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean exactly with "even under the conditions of"? (The bootloader you run off the magic memory stick might just forward back to the nand, this is the default on most timemachine/despertar del cementerio setups, including Rain's MMS maker, unless you hold L)

Crashing halfway through the boot animation generally means corrupted firmware, but you said it happens at varying times and that it persisted after running an official update...
Maybe you could try low level formatting and regenerating the idstorage (both can be done with the "nand operations" feature of DDC), but frankly I doubt they're related
What is DDC? sorry Im from 2006 lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch