Hacking [PSA] Strong anti-piracy measures implemented by Nintendo for online.

Peabutt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really impressive.
Hopefully the same way with an anti-cheat system when you play with legit purchased games online.

I care for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online and soon Mario Party.
That's it for online for me.

So is it actually safe to boot a legit cart in CFW mode (for latest emuNAND reasons)? while keeping your sysNAND on 4.1.0.

Yeah you should be safe there. Layered FS will be safe too when it's used properly. I would still play it safe and be careful if you do go online or something.

Last edited by Peabutt,
Reactions: Saviouz

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we must choose: free games or paid online. Pretty easy decision, playing online games on handheld (does somebody still think it's 'hybrid? lol, watara is a hybrid too then).

Choice is super ez, since you can play better online games on PC without any retarted subscriptions.
But Smash though. Can't play that on a PC.

Peabutt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if Nintendo scans your games list when you connect to the eShop and bans the console if it detects not legit titles.

Possible. They definitely see it if you launch the title while being connected online.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

While some of you aren't worried about it because you don't care about online, just remember it's very likely won't be able to get dlc or patches for those games. So if you have a game breaking glitch that a patch fixes, you're fucked.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
While some of you aren't worried about it because you don't care about online, just remember you very likely won't be able to get dlc or patches for those games. So if you have a game breaking glitch that a patch fixes, you're fucked.
Pretty sure you will be able to install pirated DLC and patches at some point.

Peabutt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you will be able to install pirated DLC and patches at some point.

So I might be wrong about that part. Why I said likely, I figured someone might be able get around that eventually.

I would just be careful with what you do. They have beefed up everything this time around and everything has unique certs for each game. Do what you will but I'm just here to give you all the heads up.

Last edited by Peabutt,

NoWayFarQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the gamecards didn’t have unique headers it would have been possible to use pirated gamecards to farm gold coins and purchase legit games right? If only.. :tpi:

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sciresm should've released his statements AFTER the mass bans from desperate users, damn that guy... he releases things too early

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
We need an emunand asap
That won't change anything since your emunand will be banned immediately when you go online. Better than a banned sysnand but you still can't play online.
don't play backups online.... Seems pretty self explanatory.
As long as you play backups online on the same console where you made them it shouldn't be a problem. But playing them on other consoles will cause an immediate ban.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,

pluto63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Finding second hand stuff make things easy, got a cheap used ps4 on 5.05 to offline play backups and evaluate the games and my regular one updated with psn access to buy and play the games I like. Will do the same for the switch.

Reactions: PF2M

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah you should be safe there. Layered FS will be safe too when it's used properly. I would still play it safe and be careful if you do go online or something.

Layered FS might be ok for hacks on games you own, although they'll likely try to detect that too, but won't be ok for trying to play games online that haven't been legitimately downloaded to your switch (or one that you're spoofing).

As long as you play backups online on the same console where you made them it shouldn't be a problem. But playing them on other consoles will cause an immediate ban.

It would be difficult for them to tell the difference between someone using a cart they bought legitimately and someone using a backup of a cart they bought legitimately, although not impossible. If you get banned then you have nobody to complain to.

I wonder if Nintendo scans your games list when you connect to the eShop and bans the console if it detects not legit titles.

It doesn't matter if they do already or not, they can. Someone might introduce a stealth mode, but as piracy is not seen as an objective by many then it might take a while before someone does it.

Last edited by smf,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
OK, so what's the safest way to play my legit cart Splatoon 2 online with now being on 4.1.0? (Aside from simply updating.) And will we be able to spoof DLC or can they detect that one also? (Not that I care about that much, just curious.)

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
  • If you are playing a gamecard, your certification is your gamecard's unique certificate. This is signed by Nintendo using RSA-2048-PCKS#1 at the time your gamecard is written, and contains encrypted information about your gamecard (this includes what game is on the gamecard, among other, unknown details).

So I guess using a single cert to multiple game dumps isn't possible after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s