PS4 Pro announced, launches Nov 10, 2016 for $399

_91063531_ps4pro.jpg

Sony's mysterious PS4 Neo has been officially revealed as the PS4 Pro, and will be releasing this year on November 10, 2016. The console will cost $399USD/£349GBP, and will support 4K gaming and videos. Playstation VR will get a huge visual boost on the Pro, as well as older games getting "forward support" to allow them to be played in 4K resolution.

:arrow: You can see the entire conference, and GBAtemp's roundup of the event here.

D

Deleted User

Ok now it's your turn nintendo . Show us what the nintendo nx really is.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I've also heard Sony gamers have got their eyes fps-limited to 30 fps :unsure:
The eye can see well beyond that but your mind can't perceive at that pace without training. For example professional martial artists or jet fighter plane pilots tend to see at higher frames. I'm sure an experienced gamer can easily tell the difference from 30 to 60 frames per second.

I personally believe that a constant fps is more important. Without any stuttering or frame dips. Do you really need those extra 30 frames in that second? Most games, probably not but some competitive titles you might to get you an extra edge on the game.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

D

Deleted User

I have actually been considering a PS4 for a considerable amount of time now...
But like I was with the Xbox One, I will probably just hold tight until the price decreases to at least under £250 or a similar reasonable price. ~$399 is just a tad expensive at the minute for me, especially when I have made a few other console purchases recently...

Although it looks to be a nice upgrade to its predecessor! I think this will deliver its better/additional features rather well.

And the "4K gaming" peaked my interest quite a lot as well...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait, did i read correctly...4k gaming??? Really? Anyone confirm?
It seems like it's just some form of upscaling. Eurogamer confirmed that the GPU used by the PS4 Pro can do 1440p at max.

So yeah, I suppose they're using the same marketing guy that marketed No Man's Sky for them when saying that the PS4 Pro is 4K.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Don't think they have to worry about the PS4 Pro, anyway.

PS4P

Anyway. Understand that Slim and Pro is different, but when they announce it like this, it confuses it in my head.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
It seems like it's just some form of upscaling. Eurogamer confirmed that the GPU used by the PS4 Pro can do 1440p at max.

So yeah, I suppose they're using the same marketing guy that marketed No Man's Sky for them when saying that the PS4 Pro is 4K.
Do you have the source for this? That sounds interesting.

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we just need a new racing game to go with it to impress people. There aren't many racing games, WHENS RIDGE RACER or GRAND TURISMO. OUT RUN HD COLLETION, D-A-Y-T-O-N-A. I dunno why but racing games show off visuals well. (IGNORING ALL DRIVE CLUB COMMENTS)

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Own a Xbone and PS4 already so, a 1080 GTX TI will do instead for my PC when they get released. This is not worth the upgrade for 4k and I couldn't care less about VR

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I would be happy with 1080p full hd ultra settings 60 fps.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is the greatest console ever forged by man, bow before it you dogs! :bow:
This isn't the GameCube?

I also hope that people realize that 4k gaming on any $400 machine will have some drawbacks. Zzzzz

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The eye can see well beyond that but your mind can't perceive at that pace without training. For example professional martial artists or jet fighter plane pilots tend to see at higher frames. I'm sure an experienced gamer can easily tell the difference from 30 to 60 frames per second.

I personally believe that a constant fps is more important. Without any stuttering or frame dips. Do you really need those extra 30 frames in that second? Most games, probably not but some competitive titles you might to get you an extra edge on the game.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

This is how I explain it: while real life isn't made up of frames, our eyes and mind are constantly taking in and digesting everything we see around us. Any given moment can be broken down into infinite smaller moments. This is true of any unit of time, no matter how small. However, for our brain to take in and digest every infinite "frame" of reality would be both impossible and a waste of mental resources. So as such what we see and understand gets filtered down to a steady flow that seems seamless. This means we all have a limit to the amount of FPS we can actually see and truly appreciate. Fairly certain this is a bit higher than 60 FPS for most people, but there does definitely come a point where adding more FPS is going to make little to no difference to the average person who hasn't trained to comprehend more like a martial artist in your example.

Reactions: lucks and zfreeman

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't bother me. My TV can only just manage 1080p, it's in no danger of doing 4K resolution any time soon. And I can't afford either the console or a new TV to make the new shiny graphics mean anything.

Also, can we stop arguing about the pissing framerate already? It's so annoying how everyone judges games on whether or not they can hold up 60fps instead of how fun they are. You all act like anything below 60fps is like Atari 2600 stop-motion style blocky crap when the simple fact is that unless the dip is pretty severe, you wouldn't have noticed if your tracker app didn't tell you you momentarily dropped down to 59fps and therefore the game is garbage. How about you switch that shit off and just play the bloody games? It's gotten old.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto