PS1/2 PS2 using 2TB internal HDD

Ace14

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Once again, thanks for your answer. I use an original Sony network adapter that I have converted with a SATA kit from 'ABitTop'. So far, this setup works great and is very stable. (in my case, the purple SATA kits that are advertised regularly on eBay resulted in glitchy performance and had games crashing often).

Anyway, what is the setup you would recommend: a converted original Sony network adapter (with a specific SATA kit), a gamestar network adapter or something different completely?

Once again, many thanks in advance!

Last edited by Ace14,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Once again, thanks for your answer. I use an original Sony network adapter that I have converted with a SATA kit from 'ABitTop'. So far, this setup works great and is very stable. (in my case, the purple SATA kits that are advertised regularly on eBay resulted in glitchy performance and had games crashing often).

Anyway, what is the setup you would recommend: a converted original Sony network adapter (with a specific SATA kit), a gamestar network adapter or something different completely?

Once again, many thanks in advance!
Use a converted original Sony network adapter.

DO NOT use the gamestar network adapters; they are not 100% accurate to the original hardware and are missing the ethernet port.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I concur. I have a Sony HDD/network adapter, and it works great with the SATA PCB.

I am gonna set up a 2TB HDD, and am wondering with all that space, what games to put on there. I also wanna put some PS1 games on it. but I know compatibility is an issue.

Last edited by XC-3730C,

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I am gonna set up a 2TB HDD, and am wondering with all that space, what games to put on there.
You can almost fit all the NTSC-U games on one 2TB HDD. However, you will hit the partition limit before then.
I also wanna put some PS1 games on it. but I know compatibility is an issue.
There's a compatibility list for POPStarter somewhere.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's a good tutorial for setting up a HDD? If possible, I would like to format and transfer to my 2TB HDD via SATA USB 3.0 dock. I would like emus, PS2 games, and PS1 games to load via OPL. There are many tutorials out there (many of which are years old), and I don't know where to start.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users