Homebrew postLoader4

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
online update only goes up to 3.43.

i'm also still requesting custom sort for system channels (the way it's implemented for homebrew). favoriting isn't nearly robust enough. can't really sort monkey island, phoenix wright, mega man, etc.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

i'm also still requesting custom sort for system channels (the way it's implemented for homebrew). favoriting isn't nearly robust enough. can't really sort monkey island, phoenix wright, mega man, etc.

Yes, online update need some rework.

About sorting, some works is need to implement in the same way as hb. Also I like to have this kind of sorting mode, so espect it in the near future.

@joostin... I will repack all themes in a single download in google code when I will back to home.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Yes, online update need some rework.

About sorting, some works is need to implement in the same way as hb. Also I like to have this kind of sorting mode, so espect it in the near future.

@joostin... I will repack all themes in a single download in google code when I will back to home.
So once that's done, do you want me to link to googlecode? You are responsible for nearly the entire layout of SE GUI, and co-author, so it's not like I am in charge of the project, lol.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It will be in the download page. Really I like to add support to download and install themes directly from pl3.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going through my mediafire account and cleaning everything up when I stumbled upon postloader2wadbuilder (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nb6efe3fd73p2m0) installer which was released some time ago by I think scooby??? What do you think is the progress on which we may be able to use your homebrew as a full System Menu replacement w/in neek? I know this is pointless to some people but are you not adding the ability to change settings from PL interface? maybe a workaround could be made? I don't know for sure I'm just curious about all this.

Thanks in advance.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I was going through my mediafire account and cleaning everything up when I stumbled upon postloader2wadbuilder (http://www.mediafire...nb6efe3fd73p2m0) installer which was released some time ago by I think scooby??? What do you think is the progress on which we may be able to use your homebrew as a full System Menu replacement w/in neek? I know this is pointless to some people but are you not adding the ability to change settings from PL interface? maybe a workaround could be made? I don't know for sure I'm just curious about all this.

Thanks in advance.
I imagine that app replaces the bootloader in the System Menu with the postloader dol like Priiloader does. I'll have to take a look at that.

As for changing the settings, that is the whole point of Settings Editor GUI. It's an addon to postLoader that, thanks to stfour, can now even use postLoader's theme.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going through my mediafire account and cleaning everything up when I stumbled upon postloader2wadbuilder (http://www.mediafire...nb6efe3fd73p2m0) installer which was released some time ago by I think scooby??? What do you think is the progress on which we may be able to use your homebrew as a full System Menu replacement w/in neek? I know this is pointless to some people but are you not adding the ability to change settings from PL interface? maybe a workaround could be made? I don't know for sure I'm just curious about all this.

Thanks in advance.
I imagine that app replaces the bootloader in the System Menu with the postloader dol like Priiloader does. I'll have to take a look at that.

As for changing the settings, that is the whole point of Settings Editor GUI. It's an addon to postLoader that, thanks to stfour, can now even use postLoader's theme.
Thanks for looking into it :) it's the same concept as when joyflow2wadbuilder was released.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So could PL3 & Setting Editor GUI in conjuction with postloader2wadbuilder be effectively used as a complete SM replacement for neek nands?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
So could PL3 & Setting Editor GUI in conjuction with postloader2wadbuilder be effectively used as a complete SM replacement for neek nands?
Well you can't pack SE GUI in the System Menu, if that's what you mean. They are separate programs, so you have to run SE GUI from your SD/USB. In addition, you will need to use your old SYSCONF file (located in shared2/sys/) in a fresh NAND if you want to be able to edit all your settings.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok :) Well I would enjoy using this as a system menu replacement on neek nand once PL3 gets the wifi error fixed for U nand; also if all I have to do is keep a copy of my SYSCONF then that's np since i'malways keeping a backup of my wii nands :). I wish it could all be packed into each other cause this would be one hell of a System Menu ;)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
ok :) Well I would enjoy using this as a system menu replacement on neek nand once PL3 gets the wifi error fixed for U nand; also if all I have to do is keep a copy of my SYSCONF then that's np since i'malways keeping a backup of my wii nands :). I wish it could all be packed into each other cause this would be one hell of a System Menu ;)
Lol, I don't see how it's any different. It's just clicking on an app vs. clicking on a settings button.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can't access any setting unless they have already been accessed on the Wii right? You know if I did use this app what would be the best way to sync new controllers to it?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
We can't access any setting unless they have already been accessed on the Wii right? You know if I did use this app what would be the best way to sync new controllers to it?
The only way to sync controllers (for the first time) is using the System Menu. AFAIK, you can't do it in games or any kind of homebrew.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
@stfour
Today I updated to the latest PostLoader3, I used v2 before and now it seems that postloader doesn't let me use the nand source that I have on the root of my SD. Is there any option I have missed or has it been any big changes lately, please put me in the right direction. ;)

PS. I also hope there will be game support for all of us who still want to use our wbfs drives and not just for the fat32/ntfs drives.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm also having some problems. just started auto booting (yeah a little late). when i try to switch to nand, it tells me i don't have the boot files?. but i have them on the root of sd (downloaded from mod mii), also how the heck do i switch the themes? i have them in my theme folder, that is in a pl folder (not in apps). i want to see how my theme turned out, but can't get any of them to show up. or the channels for that matter( the ones already in the channels folder.).
an can i add a mp3 file for menu sound? i know some people were asking if it was ever possible to change the SM background music. it would be cool if we could do it with postloader.(even though you (me/everyone) doesn't spend a lot of time in the menu before gaming.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@iceicebird can you remember the version of pl2 working for you ? It is a lot of time I don't test a nand on sd, maybe I corrupt something. I will check as soon I will back at home.

I do not think I will implement wbfs drive support. I consider it obsolete, and I have so much work to do on other pl features.

@snortz. Themes must be in sd:/ploader/theme or usb:/ploader/theme. Theme must be in the device with the configuration files

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
@iceicebird can you remember the version of pl2 working for you ? It is a lot of time I don't test a nand on sd, maybe I corrupt something. I will check as soon I will back at home.

I do not think I will implement wbfs drive support. I consider it obsolete, and I have so much work to do on other pl features.

@snortz. Themes must be in sd:/ploader/theme or usb:/ploader/theme. Theme must be in the device with the configuration files
Ok, I just converted my external HD at 1TB WBFS partition to a FAT32 partition in under 5 min ;) Maybe it was about time to do this ;) I didn't have any fat partitions on the USB drive before that was also why I run my emulated nand from the SD and not the USB. Now when I run the NAND from the USB PostLoader has no problem finding it. It seems that it doesn't check the SD for any emu nand no more, Maybe you could make that work again because I'm sure that there will be people that want do that instead of running it from the USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol