Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, am I the only one wondering about Neo Geo emulation here? the DS had a nice emulator for the Neo Geo, the performances were quite impressive, so I think the 3DS could run it fine right?

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, am I the only one wondering about Neo Geo emulation here? the DS had a nice emulator for the Neo Geo, the performances were quite impressive, so I think the 3DS could run it fine right?

I was working on a MVSPSP porting but i'm not very good in porting such big projects.
NeoDS is also opensource but requires rom conversion so MVSPSP might be a good choice if someone want to try to port a NeoGeo emulator.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Under normal usermode we can only use ir through its service. This service only support MHz frequencies. Most remotes operate at KHz.
If we can directly access the ir and if the ir controller support those freqs then it should be possible
Sending 1k times the same data is not like sending Khz?
it's probably not that easier :P

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Sending 1k times the same data is not like sending Khz?
it's probably not that easier :P
Not very sure how it works but the point of the service is you won't have to manually control the ir, so a lot has been abstracted.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
it could be useful for users who want it, instead of the download being buried in this thread.

or a wiki page without a thread is just an easier way to find it too. it will be listed in application list instead of lost in the forum's thread list too.
There's already the "quick reboot" app page, it's very small but can be useful. you can make a page on the same model.

Made a wiki page for it: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/SmashBrosDummy

I guess it couldn't hurt to have a thread for it, even if it IS a very minor homebrew. I don't think many know about it yet.

Reactions: Cyan

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I'm here still waiting for MoonShell 3DS. Why has this not happened yet? :P

Organize3D is a step in the right direction with the BMPV video player, but that format isn't compressed and movies using that would take up a f**k ton of file space. :P

We shouldn't be forced to use the crappy video player built into the camera app that limits us to 10-15 minutes per file. That crap is lame. :P

Difference between playing MP4 and a RAW format like BMPV are very huge:
https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/lpp-3ds/blob/master/source/luaVideo.cpp - Here you can find all BMPVs code used by LPP to reproduce BMPVs (Audio and Video both with streaming feature)
https://code.google.com/p/lua-player-plus/source/browse/#svn/lpp-c++/Libs/Mp4 - On this repo folder you can find the main code used by LPP (PSP/PSVITA) to load MP4 (And on PSP/PSVITA, Audio is still not supported neither buffer neither streaming for MP4 files).

ILOVEPIE announced few months ago a videoplayer based on ffmpeg source but still no news by him. - https://gbatemp.net/threads/looking...nner-and-icon-for-my-3ds-video-player.375970/

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully someone can provide me with some insight on this, but I would like to develop something that will run on both a PC and the 3DS. I'd like to know what my options at this point are, and just how limited I am as far was what we can and can't do with the 3DS. Currently, all I've seen that will accomplish this, at least to a certain extent, is this SDL library for the 3DS.

Is that all I have? I know it's extremely ambitious at this time in 3DS development, but my end goal is a simple RPG-like game -- nothing complicated, just 2D maps and sprites -- that I can build on the PC, and then deploy to the 3DS when we have the ability to do complex things.

I guess my real question is this: with portability in mind, and even if we can't do it now, what language would be the best to write a game in with hopes of one day porting it (with nothing missing, audio and anything else included) to the 3DS?

If nothing exists that will accomplish this, then I suppose my suggestion to this thread would be either continued development of the SDL library that already exists, or a complete, functional port of SDL2.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can check this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-development.360646/page-161#post-5264921
it's not a full RPG, but it has maps and sprites.

I remember a DS project to make a RPG engine.
it never was used to make a game (and maybe ended only being a player moving around a forest map).
But there are also completed project, I don't know if it's open source or thought with compatibility/multiplateform in mind.

You should check the Homebrew development thread instead of this one if you want more informations.
There are also dedicated forums (http://4dsdev.org/ and #3DSdev channel on IRC)

joepassive

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Who ever requested a proper youtube with 3D, Just get the new 3DS. the web-browser does that job extremely well, even looks more than 240, atleast 480p.

Reactions: Margen67

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Probably only possible if the Physical Translation exists on the Games Cartridge I'm pretty sure I think that's how regionthree does it anyway

the regionthree put the language on your console's menu language if you are in a US console you can't put the menu in italian ... and I think only in retail games, right?
the idea is that the game actually have the language but you don't have how to acess it ...
For a more concrete example I got on gateway an eur smash bros 4 rom, my console is US one , the EUR game have portuguese language, from Portugal, US 3DS have portuguese menu language for Brazil, but if I load it like this, the game will boot in english, not in portuguese... so I can't acess this like this

Maybe with an eur retail copy and region three it would work, but I don't have how to get one just to test lol

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since somebody made a pokemon injector why not also an app that lets you force 3D on ingame even during moments when it normally isn't or also camera angle change?

Also an input recorder and editor for speedruns/tasing maybe?
and screenshots/recording.

D

Deleted User

Since I can't seem to get this working myself I will post this here.

Please note that I know it's possible since I already confronted Smealum about this, and he confirmed that it was in fact possible.

Would anyone be willing to help me get his homebrew launcher running via the webkit exploit? I was fine with doing it myself with the tool Spider released, however that dream quickly diminished once I saw that I had to code the "code.bin"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1