Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NDS game support ...

Possible top screen in wide stretch .

I was pissed when I bought Legend Of Zelda EUR NES of "Nintendo" E-shop to find out both screens are same size, No top screen stretch / Widescreen option too .

Reactions: cvskid and Margen67

Woodbin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol 3ds will never be able to emulate n64/psx even if it does it wont be at full speed at all.
You sure? PSX had a 33.7 Mhz procesor, 2MB RAM and 1MB video RAM. 3DS has dualcore 268Mhz and floating point arithmetic coprocessor and 2x64MB RAM. New3ds has twice the core count and RAM. If I recall correctly a paper about emulation I read some time ago, you need around 4-8 times the power to emulate hardware, which 3DS has and NN3DS has with some spare power. It's all matter of how you code the emulation, in the end you don't have to use even the half of the power. Depends on architecture and coding skills.

Woodbin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since everyone is mentioning doom and quake they forgot something...
3ds NEEDS Descent 3d or a D1x Rebirth Port, and maybe D2x too...
GOOD LORD DESCENT
Can you imagine that in 3D? The game still has appealing feeling even on PC. I still play the DS port from time to time. That would be effing awesome!

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the PSP can play n64 games somewhat wouldn't it be possible for n64 games to run on at least the New 3DS instead of the original 3DS systems?

The PSP (as well as PS1 and PS2) use the same family of CPU — MIPS. Thus, it is easy for the PSP to run much of the code without having to translate it into a different CPU command(s). This is how the PSP is able to pull it off.

The 10x rule — a guesstimate of how feasible a system is able to emulate another system — means you would need 950MHz from the CPU. Of course, simpler games (like SM64) don't need nearly that much power. The hard part would be splitting the work between the cores so they worked efficiently together.

Reactions: cvskid

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"-3DS roms support NOPE"

No idea why not... After all the 3DS game's would be running on it's own hardware..

Could have it's own .CIA format, import to SDhc card maybe.

Its cause their against piracy rolls eyes emulators are piracy to so that's the same question as yours why aren't roms supported no matter if its a N64 emulator or GBA Emulator or any other emulator made for a different system piracy is piracy in any case i'm going with Gateway & usb mod as my choice I can run emulators the official way or unauthorized way using my DSTWO

Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its cause their against piracy rolls eyes emulators are piracy to so that's the same question as yours why aren't roms supported no matter if its a N64 emulator or GBA Emulator or any other emulator made for a different system piracy is piracy in any case i'm going with Gateway & usb mod as my choice I can run emulators the official way or unauthorized way using my DSTWO

Yes I read his website last night, seams so, but I'm sure others will be making App's for his program, most possible .

At the end of the day, will be glad to see homebrew's games like minecraft for 3ds my nephew will like it!, He has it on his xbox 360 , will be much appreciated

Also as for non piracy, support original NDS games on arm11 top screen stretch / widescreen maybe , are bought NES games from nintendo .

Yes no matter what, all games are piracy as you say .

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used to think downloading ROMS of legacy consoles games is not piracy since the titles are no longer on the market. but since the virtual console, Ninty is selling these titles again, so it's definitely piracy.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Since the PSP can play n64 games somewhat wouldn't it be possible for n64 games to run on at least the New 3DS instead of the original 3DS systems?
Everything is possible... except getting the 3DS to fry your bacon... believe me I have um... experience in that "Area".
Jokes aside, get a decent speed is questionable but porting an emulator is 100% possible.

Reactions: Margen67 and cvskid

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I read his website last night, seams so, but I'm sure others will be making App's for his program, most possible .

At the end of the day, will be glad to see homebrew's games like minecraft for 3ds my nephew will like it!, He has it on his xbox 360 , will be much appreciated

Also as for non piracy, support original NDS games on arm11 top screen stretch / widescreen maybe , are bought NES games from nintendo .

Yes no matter what, all games are piracy as you say .

I like the idea of loading NDS roms/hacked NDS roms eventually we will have a way to load N3DS/NN3DS roms backups but it'll probably be done by a different developer :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...