Hardware Possible way of dumping 3DS games?

lollett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Keylogger said:
Maybe we can TRY to dump an 3DS game using a DS Dumper.

We can try to cut the "lug" of a 3DS cartridge or open both a DS and a 3DS game and swap the plastic housing...To have a DS plastic housing with a 3DS game inside...

Then we can put a 3DS Game in a DS Lite and try to dump the game...

Think the R4ids.cn guys had the same idea: http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-development-e.html

3DS cart's encrypiton part is different from the other NDSL carts (2010-03-02)
The chips included in this 3DS cart is MX23J4GC0-75H(48Pin) and 25L4001(8Pin).
The hardware structure is almost the same as that of the NDS cart.
Our technical team removed the standing out part of the 3DS cart and inserted it into a NDSi.
Just guess what will happen - NDSi shows no cart inserted!!!
This means 3DS cart's encrypiton part is different from that of a NDSL cart.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
*Sigh*

A quick story about how hacking a cart with no dumping software looks like, also known as "baby steps".

Phase 1 - Rip the cart open
Phase 2 - J-Tag flash chip/s and dump the content
Phase 3 - PROFIT! ...I mean, de-code the content. Slowly... Panifuly.

G

geenlung

RoxasIsSora said:
Anyone try dumping them via a PC DS Card reader? Just curious as to if that work, but I guess someone could make their own rig if needed.

EDIT: Something like this.

That only dumps saves. I have the NDS Adaptor Plus. It's be nice if someone came with a workaround for dumping though =)

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
To be HONEST.

.3ds is only used as a scene export in 3ds max. It might as well be non existant with the .obj and .fbx file formats.

.Max is the main thing for 3ds max at the moment cause they are actual scene files.

.3ds will do.

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Saddamsdevil said:
To be HONEST.

.3ds is only used as a scene export in 3ds max. It might as well be non existant with the .obj and .fbx file formats.

.Max is the main thing for 3ds max at the moment cause they are actual scene files.

.3ds will do.

What about *.n3d?!
unsure.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You all honestly thought nintendo wouldn't have known regular DS dumping tricks would be used? Of course nintendo would up the protection on them... Even if we did have rom "dumps" from those, they would likely be bad because of the new way nintendo uses to en/decrypt files. Will the system and games eventually be hacked? Yes... but it will be an up-hill battle for sure...

Gone are the regular DS/GBA/GBC days where you only had to really contend with system protections once... We live in an age where consoles are updatable and where software companies aggressively use it to deny hackers instead of giving promised improvements.

Ravenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
AlanJohn said:
The thing only came out a week ago and you wan't the ROMS already? The emulation is impossible and we will need to wait 3 years until 3DS mode will be hacked... But dumping may be possible but it will take alot of time to dump a 2gb rom...

Yeah, try to stop the pirates for 3 years. I'm sure you can do that.
What's with all the "Why do you want to hack the console already" questions anyway? Why should we wait for it to be released?
I mean, the faster people try to hack it, the faster it will get hacked.

Also, I don't know what kind of a microwave you are using to dump roms, but the size is not a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZLRDMXX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=...