Poll: Your thoughts on the Switch

359211-switch-thoughts.png

As the day of the Nintendo Switch conference and hands-on impressions draws to a close and the beans have been thoroughly spilled, we want to ask you - what do you think?

What are your impressions on the overall unveiling of the Switch given the pricing, games and hardware capabilities? Will you be Switching? Perhaps you've already pre-ordered one.

Vote in the poll and let us know! And be sure to share your comments in the thread below.

:switch:

D

Deleted User

Emily Rogers has also hinted heavily on a Metroid game - that will be f***ing awesome!

Especially if it has the Zelda/Mario Engine - let's go explore some planets!

D

Deleted User

1-2 Switch should be $25 max. It's not a bad idea at all, but I can buy two copies of Tomodachi Life for the same price for a friend and I, and we would have more of a memorable experience.

I'm not super disappointed with the lineup. I live a super hectic life and am content with buying my Switch with 3~ games I can thoroughly enjoy. After all, I've missed out on MK8 and Splatoon because I never bought a Wii U.

I still think they should discuss more about franchises (ex: Metroid, Kirby, Animal Crossing) soon if they want to keep people interested, even if they're not releasing in Spring 2017.

potatoes828

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was for the Wii U.

I just got a feel the Switch will suffer the same fate as the Wii U.
It'll sit in many family's living room, untouched, gathering dust.

I don't get your argument. You counter argued that tablet as a controller is a bad idea. I told you that the tablet controller is only for the Wii U. I never claimed that it is the same as with the Switch.

Nonetheless, I respect your opinion. If you think Switch will fail, you have all the rights to think so.
I preordered mine despite having a somewhat decent PC to feed my needs for 1080p gaming.

IMO though, Switch will do better than the Wii U.

Reactions: ikral

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Emily Rogers has also hinted heavily on a Metroid game - that will be f***ing awesome!

I hope to bloody god that's true.

Also in terms of the comparisons, it's a lose-lose situation. While we can argue about comparisons to older more expensive consoles, or that comparing to current gen is not fair, the simple thing is we really can't do anything about it. If you somehow hypnotize some members on here into being convinced of your argument, that still doesn't reach Nintendo or the general public. We aren't going to be able to persuade the general public, who are doing the exact opposite of what we think. That one member is correct, they don't care, it is what it is.

We can just simply let Nintendo deal with the feedback, and enjoy what we want. Kind of like the paid online deal - I think it's not worth it, but I don't care because I haven't gone online with Nintendo in a long time and therefore will not be paying for it.

Also @DinohScene has probably been the kindest person in here against the Switch, so lol at whoever thought he was trolling. I've never seen him troll.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
You think I'm bad against Nintendo?
I'm probably one of the most kind hearted ones.

I agree, I've had a lot of fun with the few Wii games and select couple of Wii U games, but face it.
Nintendo isn't what it used to be back in the 90's/early 00's.
Only hardcore ninty fanboys will defend it to the bitter end.

I love games, don't care what platform they are on.
But when it comes to multiplat, the ports for Nintendo just lack severely.
A console just can't rely on first party titles alone...

i did forget to mention one more thing, about the Nintendo should make a powerful console, i am certain everyone would appreciate that.

i mean surely when i think about the speeds of a ps4 compared to the WiiU it sure big, in many ways the PS4 is way speedier than a WiiU.

Nintendo does seem to be one step behind Sony, but i do not think that they try to compete, i hope the Switch does very well.

they do depend on Mario alot, everytime there must be a Mario game, super smash/zelda/star fox etc.
i am not into all of them, i found out about SSB after i had my 3DS'es and then WiiU i bought it for both, and the WiiU version is amazing, i still play it.

i fell in love with SSB, and i hope we see a complete new SSB (i would not buy a Ported version, like that MK8Deluxe thing, wont buy).

i know what you mean with it being similar to the WiiU , because it is still not powerful , it does not seem to be on the level of a PS4 or a Xbone so it is inferior looking and feels like some upgraded WiiU.

but just think about it, if the Switch will get that much 3rd party support as advertised etc.

then it can be a huge success, i mean it is the first portable console that you can take with you anywhere you want and has a sweet looking 6.2" screen, who would not want one ?

i was not blown away by the presentation of the Switch, the only thing that really excited me was the short SMT trailer (and also the DQ games we already know, i loved seeing those coming for the Switch. even though X will have a very low chance of localization but still good to see).

and there is also no more region locking, i think Nintendo did good this time.
so if we get the Games, then i don't see why it wouldn't be successful.

Reactions: Deleted User

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't get your argument. You counter argued that tablet as a controller is a bad idea. I told you that the tablet controller is only for the Wii U. I never claimed that it is the same as with the Switch.

Nonetheless, I respect your opinion. If you think Switch will fail, you have all the rights to think so.
I preordered mine despite having a somewhat decent PC to feed my needs for 1080p gaming.

IMO though, Switch will do better than the Wii U.

I'll prolly get a Switch at its EOL.

But remember the Wii U?
Everyone was so psyched about it?
The Switch will have the same fate.

i did forget to mention one more thing, about the Nintendo should make a powerful console, i am certain everyone would appreciate that.

i mean surely when i think about the speeds of a ps4 compared to the WiiU it sure big, in many ways the PS4 is way speedier than a WiiU.

Nintendo does seem to be one step behind Sony, but i do not think that they try to compete, i hope the Switch does very well.

they do depend on Mario alot, everytime there must be a Mario game, super smash/zelda/star fox etc.
i am not into all of them, i found out about SSB after i had my 3DS'es and then WiiU i bought it for both, and the WiiU version is amazing, i still play it.

i fell in love with SSB, and i hope we see a complete new SSB (i would not buy a Ported version, like that MK8Deluxe thing, wont buy).

i know what you mean with it being similar to the WiiU , because it is still not powerful , it does not seem to be on the level of a PS4 or a Xbone so it is inferior looking and feels like some upgraded WiiU.

but just think about it, if the Switch will get that much 3rd party support as advertised etc.

then it can be a huge success, i mean it is the first portable console that you can take with you anywhere you want and has a sweet looking 6.2" screen, who would not want one ?

i was not blown away by the presentation of the Switch, the only thing that really excited me was the short SMT trailer (and also the DQ games we already know, i loved seeing those coming for the Switch. even though X will have a very low chance of localization but still good to see).

and there is also no more region locking, i think Nintendo did good this time.
so if we get the Games, then i don't see why it wouldn't be successful.

Console/handheld goes bad, LETS RELEASE POGEYMANS!!!
Nintendo really should shift back to the core gamers again, revive themselves how they where with the cube and N64 etc.
Better third party support, less family bullshit.

I don't really think it's a good idea to keep the Switch in your bag or pockets (if it even fits...)
Then again, I seen people with iPad Pro's take pictures of monuments etc >_>

The region locking I do agree on.
Good job Nintendo!

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I'll prolly get a Switch at its EOL.

But remember the Wii U?
Everyone was so psyched about it?
The Switch will have the same fate.

Console/handheld goes bad, LETS RELEASE POGEYMANS!!!
Nintendo really should shift back to the core gamers again, revive themselves how they where with the cube and N64 etc.
Better third party support, less family bullshit.

I don't really think it's a good idea to keep the Switch in your bag or pockets (if it even fits...)
Then again, I seen people with iPad Pro's take pictures of monuments etc >_>

The region locking I do agree on.
Good job Nintendo!

humphh... it will be good you will see <A< ..

mgrgrrrrrr..

and oh yeah, the uhh gimicky stuff (1,2 switch? game.. the cowboy thing, that was very cringy , the cow thing ..was weird , the family thing i think they do to attact.. households? you know to make them buy their console i guess?)

like i said, and like everyone else thinks too , it will come down to what games we will see coming for the Switch (6.2' is not that Huge, to fit in a pocket, unless.. you wear some tightass skinny.. jeans haha.)

i like skinny jeans, but i have some type that have huge pockets on them, so taking a Switch out would not be that big of a hassle, but then again, i rarely take any of my handhelds out with me, because i dont want to lose them, unless i am working lazily at some office.

i hope it goes well with the Switch, does not have to be "super powerful" i think it will just need the right games, and so far it has the right games (for moi) i have seen plenty Jrpg's , but everyone is different, it will need some hardcore games to attract more gamers.

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
well so it is ok if i compare your ps4 with a nvidia 1080gtx then?

You cannot compare a graphics card to a console because they do not server the same purpose. However the switch, ps4, xbone etc you can all buy them off the shelf and be playing in your living room in a few minutes. Also, graphics cards and the ps4 are not sold as they same product or even placed next to each other in the shops. You are missing a point here - we are not saying that power itself is going to sell or not sell a console, but if you put all of the things switch is offering next to what a ps4 offers (not to mention how much marketing and how long it has been around, making it a "safe" choice in the eyes of prospecting buyers who do not give a rat's ass about loyalty to a company like me & you do) and you put then in the next shelf, people will compare *WITHOUT* thinking if comparison is fair or not. When you are going to buy a car, you do not think like this, do you? That's why it is important to not release too far after your competition or too much behind, you are either in front of the race (and as such might be too new) or if you release after a long time you can miss the generation train.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
humphh... it will be good you will see <A< ..

mgrgrrrrrr..

and oh yeah, the uhh gimicky stuff (1,2 switch? game.. the cowboy thing, that was very cringy , the cow thing ..was weird , the family thing i think they do to attact.. households? you know to make them buy their console i guess?)

like i said, and like everyone else thinks too , it will come down to what games we will see coming for the Switch (6.2' is not that Huge, to fit in a pocket, unless.. you wear some tightass skinny.. jeans haha.)

i like skinny jeans, but i have some type that have huge pockets on them, so taking a Switch out would not be that big of a hassle, but then again, i rarely take any of my handhelds out with me, because i dont want to lose them, unless i am working lazily at some office.

i hope it goes well with the Switch, does not have to be "super powerful" i think it will just need the right games, and so far it has the right games (for moi) i have seen plenty Jrpg's , but everyone is different, it will need some hardcore games to attract more gamers.

I'd love to be proven wrong.
But realistically.. I fear I'm right.

Well, Nintendo only cares about sales figures.
With the amount of Wii's sitting at peoples houses here, I could get a Wii + controllers for maybe 20 quid.

I.. pretty much only have skinny jeans, already have trouble keeping me phone in it, and I believe that's a lot sturdier then a Switch.

I deffo want a Switch, even if it's only for 1 game, Seasons of Heaven.

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
People shitting on the Switch even before its launch just upsets me. I feel like they excepted a Switch with the power of a Falcon Nothwest Mach V with three Nvidia Titan X GPUs, a 6 inch 4K HDR screen, of course 8K when docked, 100 third-party titles at launch, a free Pro Controller included, and, why not, 3 free games, JoyCons that read your mind and all of that at a launch price of $75. Come on guys. Just stick with your amazing PS4/XBox One premium PC ripoffs and your fake-4K@15fps PS4 Pro, and your amazing variety of titles and play styles: Call of Duty, Call of Duty, CoD, CoD, Assassin's Creed and of course I forgot Fifa.

On a more serious note, Ninty just made a galactic flop with the Wii U. Honestly the Switch is far above what I could've expected if they did the salme errors. Oh, and how do you already know the processing power of the Switch? Oh, wait. You don't.

We do not shit on the Switch. We shit on Nintendo's perverted idea of market perception and arrogance, in it's current financial state. Personally i expected a console that will allow 3rd party devs to port their AAA titles effortlessly, making the Switch a good alternative to the xbox/ps4 for people who *don't have them already*, making the product even more wanted -> sales. We are talking about tech that is already in a mature+ state, where slim versions are released, we are not talking about a huge milestone or something. A free pro controller is not needed IF the prices are not extortionate (as they are) and a free crap game would not be bad. Now that you mention it, BOTH the Wii and the WiiU had a game included (at launch - WiiU as a bundle at the same price) and WiiU also had a pro controller thrown in... So the idea that a pro controller, at THIS price and 1-2-Switch could not be included is beyond ridiculous. Remember the Wii's killer app? Wii sports? It was a pack in... Now that 1-2-Switch is not only a pack-in, but a nice £50, NOBODY will ever see what the HD rumble action is about, except from zelda, mk and mario. In my book, some software to showcase the new console must always be a pack in. Or at least, a bundle that you can save money. Also, the attack on the library of the ps4/xbox is laughable at least. Call of Duty is a very low hanging fruit to attack, how about all the other games that would bring sales to the Switch if Nintendo was not so anal about trying to only appeal to j-rpg and j-whatever games that remained the same since the 90s?

The best from both worlds would be the epitome of ownage. But Nintendo won't do it.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be honest I always carry portable things in my backpack, I find it annoying to put things in my pockets.
The Switch and the 3DS XL are equally "annoying" inside my backpack, so I don't see its portability as a problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How much time will it take to hack this one?
123 days and 5 hours.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Emily Rogers needs to be taken with a grain of salt as what she said before of Switch wasn't true.

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
In my opinion (hopefully) Nintendo must have a lot of aces up it's sleeves to play such a hard to sell card and act so smug. If (that is a very big if) they have all of their good IP's in line for release shortly, in 2017 we are talking about a godly console. Think about a new Phoenix Wright, a new Advance Wars, new this new that etc. If they can manage to bring a LOT of great games, literally bombard the platform with software, then they can ask all the money in the world they want, because the demand will be out of this world. If they do not though and the line up shown is really what we are to expect, i would like to know what they are smoking.

D

Deleted User

We'll be starting a new online program that you'll have to pay for. Now, instead telling you how much money it'll cost, we're going to offer you one measly NES game that you can play for just one month. Now who wouldn't want that?

I know I already posted but I found this silly ever since it was mentioned during the conference.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I think the console is perfect by any stretch of the imagination? No. Does it have its share of flaws? Yes, as does any other console, even PC.

Things I like:

- Better versions of Zelda and Mario Kart 8
- A 3D Mario game that I'll actually enjoy and not regret buying
- Portable gaming that can seamlessly translate into gaming on an HDTV
- Ports of games that will actually perform more than 20 fps (*cough* unlike Watch_Dogs *cough*)
- More third party support
- NERD is the dev team behind the VC emulators, so they won't be as shoddy this time
- Longer battery life on average than the Wii U game pad
- Way more powerful than the Wii U, even in portable mode

Things I'm not too keen on:
- Online infrastructure unknown, being subscription-based worries me if the infrastructure sucks
- Whether or not third parties will support longer than six months after launch
- Price of accessories is extortionate and ludicrous
- VC games will likely require upgrade fee and/or won't be transferable
- Purchases may be tied to console again, which is asinine; should be account-based and not console-based
- No native USB HDD support, large capacity SD cards are more expensive (and the finite no. of writes NAND has)
- Unsure if there is a proper web browser

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We'll be starting a new online program that you'll have to pay for. Now, instead telling you how much money it'll cost, we're going to offer you one measly NES game that you can play for just one month. Now who wouldn't want that?

I know I already posted but I found this silly ever since it was mentioned during the conference.
The NES game for one month is a joke.
Also, the paid online is for multiplayer, so it is optional, and if you play online paying it may not be a problem depending on how much it costs.
If it is something like $20 per year, I don't see a problem.
But considering the awesome pricing Nintendo has been showing those last days, I would expect a yearly subscription of $200 or so.
(as I seldom play online multiplayer I kind of don't give a fuck)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j