Poll: Your thoughts on the Switch

359211-switch-thoughts.png

As the day of the Nintendo Switch conference and hands-on impressions draws to a close and the beans have been thoroughly spilled, we want to ask you - what do you think?

What are your impressions on the overall unveiling of the Switch given the pricing, games and hardware capabilities? Will you be Switching? Perhaps you've already pre-ordered one.

Vote in the poll and let us know! And be sure to share your comments in the thread below.

:switch:

KeiserWulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have owned every home console since N64 and I have never regreted a thing. Surely confident the Switch will eventually take off and turn many more heads. In the meantime I will sit and wait for a neat bundle -maybe with Odyssey or Smash who knows!

kofman13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are people complaining about $300 USD Price? it's not just a console. If it was just a console then i can see people comparing to ps4/xb1 which are also $300 and say its not as powerful. But even then. it's the same price as ps4/xb1 but ur getting the nintendo exclusives you want ( if you don't want them then why even think about getting a switch?)
and since it is ALSO the most powerful incredible portable system right now, something that would also cost as much from any other company or even mor ethan $300, the price seems good if you think about all this. People shouldnt compare it to just other regular home consoles because it is both. It has no competition in the handheld market. By getting a switch you essentially kill two birds with one stone. You have a console and a handheld

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
why are people complaining about $300 USD Price? it's not just a console. If it was just a console then i can see people comparing to ps4/xb1 which are also $300 and say its not as powerful. But even then. it's the same price as ps4/xb1 but ur getting the nintendo exclusives you want ( if you don't want them then why even think about getting a switch?)
and since it is ALSO the most powerful incredible portable system right now, something that would also cost as much from any other company or even mor ethan $300, the price seems good if you think about all this. People shouldnt compare it to just other regular home consoles because it is both. It has no competition in the handheld market. By getting a switch you essentially kill two birds with one stone. You have a console and a handheld
HA XD
i can complain here is between $771 and $964
XD

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not though. The game included price is $360. Compare PS4 slim (around $250, as low as $220 recently). PS4 packages include a game. There's an Xbox One package for $300 today that you can get that has two included games. Its more expensive for sure. If you don't already own PS4 or Xbox One, I can't in good conscience recommend Switch. If you do already have one of those, then by all means. I'll be waiting for either the special Zelda console if there ever is one or otherwise the Zelda bundle that will eventually be offered for sale. There were Zelda bundles for Wii U but it didn't have any Zelda game I wanted to play. Before now, that is, and Wii U is no longer offered for sale.

The other way I'd get Switch is in a cheaper package that doesn't include the dock or controller grip.

You are paying more for a smaller software selection. That's why I'm recommending the competition over it.

Last edited by flame1234,

kofman13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not though. The game included price is $360. Compare PS4 slim (around $250, as low as $220 recently). PS4 packages include a game. There's an Xbox One package for $300 today that you can get that has two included games. Its more expensive for sure. If you don't already own PS4 or Xbox One, I can't in good conscience recommend Switch. If you do already have one of those, then by all means. I'll be waiting for either the special Zelda console if there ever is one or otherwise the Zelda bundle that will eventually be offered for sale. There were Zelda bundles for Wii U but it didn't have any Zelda game I wanted to play. Before now, that is, and Wii U is no longer offered for sale.

The other way I'd get Switch is in a cheaper package that doesn't include the dock or controller grip.

You are paying more for a smaller software selection. That's why I'm recommending the competition over it.
i already have gaming pc and Ps4 PRO, i would get switch for the nintendo games i have been craving and its a great handheld so that fits a void in my platform collection. but also remember when you are comparing ps4/xb1 to switch and saying they are now cheaper and with games, you have to remember that they are already mid generation and have been out for years. If you want to truly compare them to the switch you have to compare them at launch options, switch is brand new so it will be full price with no bundles. xb1 and ps4 were $400 at launch with no games, switch at launch is $300 with no games. it is weaker but it is also a handheld, so if you compare launch prices i think it is fair. you make a good point about waiting for a bundle and maybe I will wait for a bundle too. but if you compare the launch prices of ps4 and switch its not that bad

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

HA XD
i can complain here is between $771 and $964
XD
:(

Reactions: owek1

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brace yourself boys IGN just gave the switch a 6.7 review :lol:

Gets worse than that. After reading a half dozen print reviews and a couple of video seems to boil down to Not Enough Information to Review Properly, Probably Better To Wait.

The joy Cons loosing sync appears to be more than just physical blocking but the problem is intermittent. Frustrating for the user and the engineers to diagnose.

Still going to get it will but keep my receipt handy an watch my return window closely. I refuse to get stuck with buggy beta hardware.

ikral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I paid about 150€ for old 3DS bundled with one game and that's OK, if I could get Switch with one game for 300€ that would be also OK, but here in my 3rd world country console costs like 370€ and that's just too much. I got PS4 1TB bundled with one game for that amount of bills so I'll wait couple more years I guess. And maybe newer model will be available until that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: