Hacking Poll: Is your 2.0b2 Gateway working, or bricked?

You own a gateway. Did it brick?

• Total voters

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
I have just got a raspberry pi, so I'm gonna switch back to b2, i would be able to do a restore if you wanna be a crash test dummy aswell :D

You first lol... Kudos for the Pi purchase, you know how to use one? (solder et all)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You first lol... Kudos for the Pi purchase, you know how to use one? (solder et all)
Yeah figured their is a few projects I have been looking at which I can use it for afterwards, soldering shouldn't be an issue, done plenty of rgh installs etc and none of the points look like they would be an issue, will probably solder up a sd card mod and test it out on a standard 3ds, they are apparently the hardest to do and I am replacing a LCD on one in the next couple of days anyway so I can kill 2 birds with one stone :P

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
OK fine... For the sake of science (or stupidity) I'm going to flash 2.0b2... For the record I have legit GW cards, and have only ever used a SupercardDSTWO and R4i in the device for playing DS roms.
If it goes balls up, I'll be your first customer gamesquest1 !

Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Good luck :P
I'll put 2 consoles on b2 a standard and an XL will be interesting to see if either of us get hit, for testing a sake I will reboot gateway mode at least once a day for testing purposes

Just be sure you get a few nand dumps to make sure we can get it restored :)

Reactions: F417H

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Setting up a thread now about questions etc I have, will flash when I've had a few answers and keep my progress logged in there too

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
My b2 is working well so far, it does seem a lot more stable than b1 thats for sure! Been playing Zelda ALBW for a couple of hours and tried turning it off/on again a few times.. No brick yet... Don't know what I was scared about :unsure:

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Won't skew the results if people read the instructions. It's a poll exclusively for 2.0b2 Gateway users. No clones, no older firmware.

I wasn't saying skew the results of your poll. (Although there has already been a few posts on this thread proving the results are skewed from people not reading before voting) I'm saying here on this site there would be A LOT more posts of people being bricked if people still used 2.0b2, but most people on this site no longer use that so as a result it will skew the perspective on this forum and make people think 2.0b2 does not have a lot of bricks, when it probably would if people were using it.

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would put an option "I own a gateway but I'm not using 2.0b2" or "I'm using 2.0b1" etc so 1) people won't vote wrong and 2) you can see how many people aren't using the brick coded version

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never stopped using 2.02b, since release, Powered down 30+ times, even tried to force it to happen, dropped out of system settings in EmuNAND, then back to settings and Gateway mode a few times in a loop too, to see if that would help, Sorry not happening here :)

Same here. I have purposely rebooted in and out of normal mode and Gateway mode, well over a hundred times now. No bricks, no worries.

PercentSevenC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A game I tried playing wasn't working with 2.0b1 for some reason, so I'm sticking with 2.0b2. If it bricks, well, soldering doesn't scare me and I've been looking for an excuse to pick up a Raspberry Pi anyway.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
I too am not seeing any issues with b2, it hasn't frozen on me once so far and is quicker booting into GW mode.... Not played with diagnostics or EmuNAND yet though.

Th3_r0cK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine hasn't bricked but I haven't touched it since I heard the news. I have an extra 3DS XL as well as the original 3DS so I've been playing my games on those till 2.0 hits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright